Characters that could be recast without anyone noticing

blue_avalancheblue_avalanche Posts: 78
Forum Member
Which soap characters could be recast without anyone noticing?

Priya Sharma in Emmerdale was a good example.

Comments

• gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the new actor doesn't look completely different to the previous one, then generally speaking soaps can get away with re-casts.

Sometimes they get it wrong - Neighbours once re-cast Cody Willis with Mick Hucknall, who looked *nothing* like the original Cody.

Having said that, when EE re-cast Peggy Mitchell, Babs looked nothing like the previous actress who played Peggy, yet EE got away with it.
  • RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Having said that, when EE re-cast Peggy Mitchell, Babs looked nothing like the previous actress who played Peggy, yet EE got away with it.

That's probably because original Peggy was only in it a few episodes
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could only JUST tell that Priya had been reacasted aswell
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably most kids like Bobby, Amy, Tommy in EE or example. With the adults it makes more of a difference.
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea Priya was recast until I just read it. She wasn't really in it or long enough for me to notice.
  • mike joycemike joyce Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake Windass.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    Probably most kids like Bobby, Amy, Tommy in EE or example. With the adults it makes more of a difference.

Actually Bobby was a pretty noticeable recast.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Actually Bobby was a pretty noticeable recast.

This!, old Bobby had blond hair, blue eyes acted naturally this new one has brown hair, brown eyes and looks like he has just stepped off the stage of Oliver. He is far to posh to be playing Ian's son in my opinion.
  • LaurawhittzLaurawhittz Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    This!, old Bobby had blond hair, blue eyes acted naturally this new one has brown hair, brown eyes and looks like he has just stepped off the stage of Oliver. He is far to posh to be playing Ian's son in my opinion.

absolutely agree, bit ridiculous they recast ALL of ians kids!
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Not ridiculous at all. If a kid has been there since they were a baby, but it turns out that they can't act or can't behave, they're going to be replaced. Lucy was recast because the previous actress didn't behave herself.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Which soap characters could be recast without anyone noticing?

Priya Sharma in Emmerdale was a good example.

Wow I just googled both actresses and they are identical!!
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irene from home and away was recasted. I didn't even notice the change until my mum told me. I was quite young at the time though!