Auto Updates on Vita

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How do I enable this on the Vita? There doesn't seem to be an option to set it to auto update at a certain time like on the PS3... is it different? Does it turn on each night and check for updates and uploads saves?

I presume it's just Vita saves and not PSone or PSP saves right?

Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Settings, PlayStation Network and then Automatic Update Settings.

There's then a tick box to enable it and then tick boxes for various things, so you can allow/disallow patches, system updates, trophies and save data separately.

Not sure what save data it uploads as I don't have it turned on!
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    How do I enable this on the Vita? There doesn't seem to be an option to set it to auto update at a certain time like on the PS3... is it different? Does it turn on each night and check for updates and uploads saves?

I presume it's just Vita saves and not PSone or PSP saves right?

Cheers

I'd assume IF ya leave ya PSVita on standby it should auto update between 04:00 & 06:00 daily like ya PS3! :)
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I'd assume IF ya leave ya PSVita on standby it should auto update between 04:00 & 06:00 daily like ya PS3! :)

How do you know I auto update at that time?! Spooky!

I presume leaving the Vita on standby all the time won't do it any harm?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know I auto update at that time?! Spooky!

I presume leaving the Vita on standby all the time won't do it any harm?

I can't imagine it causing any damage! ... Infact I'm gonna put my PSVita on its charging cradle tonight & see if it updates alongside my ps3! :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine it causing any damage! ... Infact I'm gonna put my PSVita on its charging cradle tonight & see if it updates alongside my ps3! :cool: :D

What cradle you got?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always leave mine on standby, it last ages!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What cradle you got?

Official version! :) ... (Picked up an external battery pack aswell) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume for auto updates to work, at the main menu, just press the power button on the top of the Vita and this is sleep mode?

Can't see what time it will auto update at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume for auto updates to work, at the main menu, just press the power button on the top of the Vita and this is sleep mode?

Can't see what time it will auto update at all.

Tried it last night ... Worked a treat! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried it last night ... Worked a treat! :)

How do you know it auto updated? Did it give you a message when you resumed from sleep?

What time did it do it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know it auto updated? Did it give you a message when you resumed from sleep?

What time did it do it?

A list appeared telling me about how my saves had been uploaded, patches downloaded etc etc when I tapped the power button after I woke up afew hours later! :)

(I assume it started the process @ the same time as the PS3) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A list appeared telling me about how my saves had been uploaded, patches downloaded etc etc when I tapped the power button after I woke up afew hours later! :)

(I assume it started the process @ the same time as the PS3) :)

I see. I am right in saying it's the top power button you hit quickly to put it to sleep right?

I keep mine in a padded material case. It can't overheat or cause damage auto updating whilst in that can it?

I would buy a cradle, however I want to keep the console fully protected when not in use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see. I am right in saying it's the top power button you hit quickly to put it to sleep right?

I keep mine in a padded material case. It can't overheat or cause damage auto updating whilst in that can it?

I would buy a cradle, however I want to keep the console fully protected when not in use.

Quick tap = standby (PSVita icon flashes blue) :) ... Another tap brings it outta standby! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick tap = standby (PSVita icon flashes blue) :) ... Another tap brings it outta standby! :)

Cheers. Might buy a cradle. How much was yours?

Don't know if it is dodgy keeping it in a padded case whilst it turns on and updates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers. Might buy a cradle. How much was yours?

Don't know if it is dodgy keeping it in a padded case whilst it turns on and updates.

There about £10 from amazon! :)

(A cheaper 3rd party alternative will probably do the same job ... I just like 2 keep things official) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There about £10 from amazon! :)

(A cheaper 3rd party alternative will probably do the same job ... I just like 2 keep things official) :)

Me too lol

Looks pretty good, but will have to watch the boy when he starts managing to walk - will pull that right off the TV unit!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, can you still charge the Vita off the mains via the cradle? Amazon reviews are saying it charges really slowly and also requires a USB connection??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, can you still charge the Vita off the mains via the cradle? Amazon reviews are saying it charges really slowly and also requires a USB connection??

Yes! The PSVita mains cable (ya get in the box) connects 2 the cradle! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! The PSVita mains cable (ya get in the box) connects 2 the cradle! :)

Hmmm, cheapest I can find is £10 inc postage and that's from Canada!