Take on the Twisters

1171819202123»

Comments

• JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how about lead instead of led when it's the past tense? You see that even in otherwise respected publications.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julia looks very much like Sameena Ali Khan of ITV Central in this show. Must be her hair.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,138
    Forum Member
    Just one more week.

We can safely assume, judging by the viewing figures, it's never coming back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And don't get me started on people who don't know the difference between to and too. I mean come on. Are people so lazy these days that they can't even add an extra o to that word and they don't even know the difference? Loser and looser, that's another one of my bugbears. :rolleyes:

Another word that makes me angry is gotten. The word is got. Grrrr!
  • DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Just one more week.

You have to wonder what sort of people 12 yard productions are employing to come up with such a crap quiz show with clueless contestants.

Enough is enough - No more please ITV!!
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just one more week.

Let's hope so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Carol for real? I'm thinking she's on something. :o
    Forum Member
    I've sat through many editions now - the format is rubbish.

Why say "stick or twist" when the contestant is taking on the twisters when they have a limited time, they shouldn't have an option to stick anyway. Also, how convenient is it that the last twister is the one that is won? They could have switched it up a bit and have the first twister being the one with the money behind it.

Still, I'll be glad to see the back of it.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not compulsory, you know. :)

I am a sucker for quizzes, but even I have stopped bothering with this one, preferring to watch Pointless repeats. It's just boring, and whatever Julia Bradbury's talents might be, it's not as a quiz show presenter.
    Forum Member

Also, how convenient is it that the last twister is the one that is won? They could have switched it up a bit and have the first twister being the one with the money behind it.

JB clearly isn't being truthful when she says "only the independent adjudicator knows which twister the money is behind" - she knows too and picks that one last. if this show can be manipulated in this way then any quiz show is still open to shenanigans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why say "stick or twist" when the contestant is taking on the twisters when they have a limited time, they shouldn't have an option to stick anyway. Also, how convenient is it that the last twister is the one that is won? They could have switched it up a bit and have the first twister being the one with the money behind it.

Quite right, Hassaan.
    The Chase is back next week.
    HOORAY!!!
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Noticed the [X] graphics changed today for some reason.
    Forum Member
    One more show left. :D
    Forum Member
    A man in his sixties thinks that Belgrade is the capital of Hungary after immediately ruling out Serbia. Beyond belief.

Nice to see Anne Hegarty's sister winning today:D - the first half decent quizzer I have seen all series.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    DONTBANME wrote: »
    A man in his sixties thinks that Belgrade is the capital of Hungary after immediately ruling out Serbia. Beyond belief.

Nice to see Anne Hegarty's sister winning today:D - the first half decent quizzer I have seen all series.

Yeah pity she didn't gamble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this show actually paid out more than tuppence ha'penny since it started?
    I'll be so pleased to see the end of it.
    Forum Member
    Has this show actually paid out more than tuppence ha'penny since it started?
    I'll be so pleased to see the end of it.

Can't wait for the repeats in a few months time:)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chase is back next week.
    HOORAY!!!

If the Radio Times Website is accurate in what it states, then The Chase will be back for 150 episodes. Cannot wait to see old Frosty Knickers & co. :D
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I always get the vision of a little man running around the back of the Twisters hiding the money under the very one that is unlit .