And Louie.
    Yes, and Louie I suppose. Another "vile" one.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Yes, and Louie I suppose. Another "vile" one.:rolleyes:

As you'll see, I responded to your post before you added 'shit'.
  • Options
    scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    Imho, Carol is a highly intelligent, opinionated and sociable woman who is bored out of her brains in there. Also imho, Carol and Louis have been the best two in the show, who even at their bitchiest have made me laugh out loud. Since Louis is now out I'd like Carol to win.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    She does.
    She also loves to dish it out, but can't handle it when it's dished back.

When has she ever been offended when it's been 'given back'?
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When has she ever been offended when it's been 'given back'?
    When Mario made the quip about BB calling her for her AA meeting.

Not only did she not find it remotely amusing, she complained about it in the DR afterwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    As you'll see, I responded to your post before you added 'shit'.
    Haha, well it hasn't been the best has it.
  • Options
    kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »

Not only did she not find it remotely amusing, she complained about it in the DR afterwards.

I wish she'd have complained about him when he slapped her and then we wouldn't see his face in the final. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes I'll give you that .............TBH (and I'm not making excuses) that to me was a very below the belt comment and I think anyone would take offence.

It's all about not taking it too far - I don't think Carol has but that's because I see it as humour - I perhaps have a similar sense of humour.

TBH I fully appreciate (now) that others don't find that sort of humour amusing. I guess we're all very different.
  • Options
    kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'll give you that .............TBH (and I'm not making excuses) that to me was a very below the belt comment and I think anyone would take offence.

It's all about not taking it too far - I don't think Carol has but that's because I see it as humour - I perhaps have a similar sense of humour.

TBH I fully appreciate (now) that others don't find that sort of humour amusing. I guess we're all very different.

Mario has taken things below the belt quite a few times and then tries to make out it's humour. If anyone should be getting called out more than Carol on this board, it should be him. He's the biggest and sneakiest desperado in there.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can have a cutting or sparking wit or be quite catty or divisive and be a fundamentally happy person underneath...but I don't think Carol is. The AA comment struck a nerve and her doubting her boyfriend would be around to greet her indicated that the relationship isn't iron-clad. Being a 'Loose Woman' seems to legitimise dating toyboys and getting drunk and generally acting 23 at 53, but now she doesn't have that label, she just looks....unhappy.

P.s re: "vile" it's ok to be hyperbolic when discussing trivia lmatter such as someone's persona on a TV gameshow.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kate03 wrote: »
    Mario has taken things below the belt quite a few times and then tries to make out it's humour. If anyone should be getting called out more than Carol on this board, it should be him. He's the biggest and sneakiest desperado in there.

I loathe him and have done from the beginning. But the thing is, there's been very little discussion on this board about him - very few threads in comparison to other HMs - which suggests he has made very little impact on anyone, and any small impact he has made is negative. Poor Mario. :cry:;)

Carol may not be everyone's cup of wine but she's delivered discussion, positive and negative, in spades.
  • Options
    wildparkwildpark Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    Why is your vocabulary so limited? Does language equate to mentality, as Einstein suggested?

Thanks for telling me what words I can use to describe Carol. I shall give your words the attention they deserve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry but I disagree (no surprise there :D ) and my reason for that is because anyone who knew they didn't have an issue with drink would have been able to laugh it off, surely?

I think she couldn't find any humour in that due to the fact that it hit a nerve Penny and deep-down inside, I think you do too and that's why you saw it as a low blow.

You really cannot argue in Carol's defense by saying that she doesn't take things too far, when in the next breath you say that Mario's comment hit below the belt.

Isn't that a case in point as to why this kind of 'humour' often isn't very funny at all? How does anyone know when the other person has reached their limit of what they find funny? When does gentle teasing become a nasty dig? Who gets to decide - the piss-taker or the recipient?

I think it can work but only with friends who have known each other for a very long time and even then, there will be 'no-go areas'

By doing this to others, indiscriminately, Carol has made herself a target for getting some back and IMO, she's gotten off quite lightly really.
  • Options
    Charlie123xxxCharlie123xxx Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She thinks she knows it all . Hates to be challenged .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry but I disagree (no surprise there :D ) and my reason for that is because anyone who knew they didn't have an issue with drink would have been able to laugh it off, surely?

I think she couldn't find any humour in that due to the fact that it hit a nerve Penny and deep-down inside, I think you do too and that's why you saw it as a low blow.

You really cannot argue in Carol's defense by saying that she doesn't take things too far, when in the next breath you say that Mario's comment hit below the belt.

Isn't that a case in point as to why this kind of 'humour' often isn't very funny at all? How does anyone know when the other person has reached their limit of what they find funny? When does gentle teasing become a nasty dig? Who gets to decide - the piss-taker or the recipient?

I think it can work but only with friends who have known each other for a very long time and even then, there will be 'no-go areas'

By doing this to others, indiscriminately, Carol has made herself a target for getting some back and IMO, she's gotten off quite lightly really.

I would agree with you re the drink 'problem' I do believe Carol may re evaluate her drinking habits when she comes out of the nouse and sees herself (and how she's been perceived) in glorious techni colour.

There is a fine line betwen enjoying a drink and becoming alcohol dependent. It creeps up on you. I speak from experience having given up alcohol 18 months ago. It wzs entirely my decision no one can make you decice. Carol may or may not decide to do some thing. It will be her choice - it is her life, either way I wont judge her.

I do think Mario hit a raw nerve.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I would agree with you re the drink 'problem' I do believe Carol may re evaluate her drinking habits when she comes out of the nouse and sees herself (and how she's been perceived) in glorious techni colour.

There is a fine line betwen enjoying a drink and becoming alcohol dependent. It creeps up on you. I speak from experience having given up alcohol 18 months ago. It wzs entirely my decision no one can make you decice. Carol may or may not decide to do some thing. It will be her choice - it is her life, either way I wont judge her.

Good on you for giving up the alcohol.:)
  • Options
    jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a disgusting excuse for a female....and I have no idea what her fiance sees in her....she must be worth a few bob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, your honesty is refreshing and it's brave of you to say that in a place like this. And of course I congratulate you for doing something that must have taken a lot of introspection and inner strength :)

I have wondered about the kind of person (if there is such a thing - indulge me :D ) who would support Carol and I came up with the theory that it would either be people who drink quite a bit, or used to.

It's not scientific, obviously, and it wouldn't account for everyone by any means, but I figured that it is very easy to empathise with someone who has been through or is going through something we have done ourselves.

It's what peer-support is all about isn't it? And the AA has built a huge organisation around that.

I really do believe that she can do what you've done Penny - I have every confidence that she'll sort this once she comes out and gets to see what it is that others see.

You've been a staunch supporter of hers and I admire your loyalty - especially as I jumped-ship within days of seeing what she's like up close and personal :D

But seriously though, I have enjoyed our debates and despite being in opposing camps, I don't think that either one of us have disgraced ourselves, or verbally knocked lumps out of each other.

I have found all this really enjoyable especially when I compare it to supporting Aisleyne and recalling how many bansticks that got me! :eek: :D

I don't want her to win, but if she does - I'll be happy for you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, your honesty is refreshing and it's brave of you to say that in a place like this. And of course I congratulate you for doing something that must have taken a lot of introspection and inner strength :)

I have wondered about the kind of person (if there is such a thing - indulge me :D ) who would support Carol and I came up with the theory that it would either be people who drink quite a bit, or used to.

It's not scientific, obviously, and it wouldn't account for everyone by any means, but I figured that it is very easy to empathise with someone who has been through or is going through something we have done ourselves.

It's what peer-support is all about isn't it? And the AA has built a huge organisation around that.

I really do believe that she can do what you've done Penny - I have every confidence that she'll sort this once she comes out and gets to see what it is that others see.

You've been a staunch supporter of hers and I admire your loyalty - especially as I jumped-ship within days of seeing what she's like up close and personal :D

But seriously though, I have enjoyed our debates and despite being in opposing camps, I don't think that either one of us have disgraced ourselves, or verbally knocked lumps out of each other.

I have found all this really enjoyable especially when I compare it to supporting Aisleyne and recalling how many bansticks that got me! :eek: :D

I don't want her to win, but if she does - I'll be happy for you :)

Thank you Bunions - I do try to keep it civil and to the point and I must say that your posts are very polite, measured and reasoned.

I did worry that I might come on too strong sometimes .........obviously not everyone sees it like you and because they can't stand the housemate they 'hate' the poster.:confused:

I did get a rather poisonous PM - it's water off a ducks back TBH - says a lot about some people though.:D
  • Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Fat too much of her miserable face on tonight's final highlights show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Bunions - I do try to keep it civil and to the point and I must say that your posts are very polite, measured and reasoned.

I did worry that I might come on too strong sometimes .........obviously not everyone sees it like you and because they can't stand the housemate they 'hate' the poster.:confused:

I did get a rather poisonous PM - it's water off a ducks back TBH - says a lot about some people though.:D
    Back atcha! ;)

You've been so reasonable and polite that I've found it easy to reply in the same manner. You got a PM? :eek:

Now that is seriously bonkers - I couldn't be arsed, personally and nothing would bother me that much.

Those days of getting my knickers in a knot over an HM are long behind me, thankfully. and it is a bit ridiculous to dislike someone just because they like someone you don't, isn't it? :D

It will be really interesting to see who we will support in the next CBB and who knows, it might even be the same person :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildpark wrote: »
    Carol is not a burden on anybody , so if she wants to live like an immature 23 year old that is her choice, but it does not explain all that envy and hatred. When Charlotte behaved like her Carol was quick to condemn her as a "Geordie slag". It is hard to avoid the impression that it was because the limelight was being taken away from her. Needy Greedy Baby.

Carol's not a 'burden on anybody' yet ...however, if she continues to abuse alcohol and Mark honours his 'in sickness and in health' vow (if they ever do actually get hitched)...he stands a pretty good chance of being 'burdened' by the duties of caring for someone with hepatic encephalopathy and liver cirrhosis e.g. cleaning up a veritable cornucopia of bodily fluids and semi-solids, attempting to re-orientate and reassure her when she gets confused and anxious, and of visiting her in hospital, following periodic episodes of acute on chronic pancreatitis and a variety of orthopaedic injuries sustained following a series of falls!

It may be all fun and frolics now, but she's not superhuman with regenerative bodily organs which she's in the process of damaging as much as possible.
    All I can say is "strap yourself in Mark...you're in for a bumpy ride if you choose to stay with this woman"

I don't think that Carol is a very happy woman at all, she seems very troubled to me, with feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem which is why she has to constantly criticise, bitch about and bully others - it's the only way that she can momentarily fool herself into feeling superior.

She is the stereotypical cliché of someone who lacks confidence, is angry, bitter and spiteful, with a metaphorical U-Haul truck of faults and emotional baggage which she unconsciously projects onto others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol's not a 'burden on anybody' yet ...however, if she continues to abuse alcohol and Mark honours his 'in sickness and in health vow (if they ever do actually get hitched)...he stands a pretty good chance of being 'burdened' by the duties of caring for someone with hepatic encephalopathy and liver cirrhosis e.g. cleaning up a veritable cornucopia of bodily fluids and semi-solids, attempting to re-orientate and reassure her when she gets confused and anxious, and of visiting her in hospital, following periodic episodes of acute pancreatitis and a variety of orthopaedic injuries sustained following a series of falls!

It may be all fun and frolics now, but she's not superhuman with regenerative bodily organs which she's in the process of damaging as much as possible.
    All I can say is "strap yourself in Mark...you're in for a bumpy ride if you choose to stay with this woman"

I don't think that Carol is a very happy woman at all, she's very troubled, with feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem which is why she has to constantly criticise, bitch about and bully others - it's the only way that she can momentarily fool herself into feeling superior.

She is the stereotypical cliché of someone who lacks confidence, is angry, bitter and spiteful, with a metaphorical U-Haul truck of faults and emotional baggage which she unconsciously projects onto others
    I'm not really up on all the medical stuff but I do agree with the BIB though.

You've said, very eloquently I might add, what some of us have been saying for a while now.

The excessive drinking and excessive bitching are symptomatic of a deeper psychological issue that she hasn't resolved IMO

Let's hope she gets some help when she comes out.
  • Options
    wildparkwildpark Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carol's not a 'burden on anybody' yet ...however, if she continues to abuse alcohol and Mark honours his 'in sickness and in health' vow (if they ever do actually get hitched)...he stands a pretty good chance of being 'burdened'

Good point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildpark wrote: »
    Carol has a good sense of humour, she seems to be in good health, and she looks good for her age. She is wealthy, and has a partner who loves her, and with whom she is in love, and as far as I can tell she lives her life in London exactly as she wants to live it, on her terms, and yet she is filled to the brim with envy and spite - towards everybody. Why is she so nasty and bitter?

You've overlooked one very important factor, alcoholism is a very serious illness both mental and physical .
    Carol almost certainly has a significant problem with alcohol abuse - and although she frequently alludes to having a physical dependence on alcohol, she deliberately avoids discussing this problem further, which suggests that she is in a degree of denial regarding the serious nature of her dependence.
    As a healthcare professional myself, she does not look well at all to me, her pallor is almost grey at times and she looks anaemic and slightly jaundiced.

I think that her vitriol and utterly nasty behaviour reflect a very troubled and unhappy person, thinly veiled by pure bravado and defensiveness.