Options

JFK Assassination

Comments

• Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peppino wrote: »
    erm no its not its people who were there on the day saying what they saw, were you btw? Didn't think so. You also just proved you haven't looked at any of it, proving me right to dismiss your opinion and also that you are guilty of what you just accused me of.

You sound just like someone I have debated with before?
  • Options
    PeppinoPeppino Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    they gave him a second term as they were at war, Presidents at war always win. IMO Kennedy would have won on his name alone, and as a speaker etc he wiped the floor with Bush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    In what way? Genuine question.

Lots of ways, he wanted to end the Federal Reserve for example, which would have almost certainly lead to the ending of the Bank of England being our reserve bank. Both charge our governments interest for printing money which creates inflation. He wanted to bring peace with the Soviet Union, which would have changed Europe immensely a long time before it happened. His social and economic policies would have influenced policies here too, we are always 20 years behind America but following the same trends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TescoJeans wrote: »
    Yes, I am interested in this. I love watching things about conspiracy theories, especially documentaries about 9/11.

haha me too, I'm convinced the govt did 9-11 too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You sound just like someone I have debated with before?

nope not me
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they really were, its amazing the amount of tragedy they have had to endure. There is a new generation of them emerging now too, one, Joseph, think he is Bobby's nephew, recently got elected as a Senator and there is probably more to come.

They were not the most pleasant family either, from dear old poppa Joe and his Nazi leanings, alcohol and drug addictions, infidelities, domestic abuse, Chappaquiddick, support for Irish terrorists and stopping at nothing to remove any obstacle in their quest for power. Guess that's a whole other moral maze though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope not me

Are you absolutely sure of that?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    haha me too, I'm convinced the govt did 9-11 too

No. I don't believe that. I can accept perhaps a few rich and powerful people knew something would happen but didn't have many details. But that's about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    farmer bob wrote: »
    They were not the most pleasant family either, from dear old poppa Joe and his Nazi leanings, alcohol and drug addictions, infidelities, domestic abuse, Chappaquiddick, support for Irish terrorists and stopping at nothing to remove any obstacle in their quest for power. Guess that's a whole other moral maze though.

this is also true, Joe made his fortune as a bootlegger too and obviously he had connections with the Mafia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you absolutely sure of that?

100% positive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    No. I don't believe that. I can accept perhaps a few rich and powerful people knew something would happen but didn't have many details. But that's about it.

well thats for another thread but thats what I think anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if JFK didn't die Vietnam wouldn't have happened either, he was in the process of pulling all troops out of there, and America's foreign policy would have been very different, he may well have been followed in office by Bobby so they could have had the White House for 16 years, possibly even Ted after that so maybe even 24. The world we live in today would be a very different and IMO much better place.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    no as thats ridiculous, just like the official theory, which isn't even the official theory anymore btw. Any serious theory I'm interested in.

So it's all narrowed down to just what you want to spout and nothing else is applicable or it is deemed not suitable for this thread.

Hope you like talking to yourself. :rolleyes:

Serious question: Have you every found your utter arrogance has got you anywhere?
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serious question: Have you every found your utter arrogance has got you anywhere?
    It appears to have got him banned from DS. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Seems like holiday time again.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    why do you care? so far you have contributed nothing to the thread except for attacking me. I have a little idea, if you don't want to discuss it find another thread.

I don't want people who only agree with me I am happy to listen to other theories but anyone who thinks Oswald acted alone has never spent any time looking at it I don't want to speak to those people, I would be delighted to hear alternative theories from people who have.

You really have no self-awareness at all, do you?

Let's take just one crucial detail; the ability of Oswald to fire those rounds in the time-frame. You've put up a Youtube clip showing an old guy fumbling with a rifle that he's clearly unfamiliar with as 'evidence' that even a trained marksman couldn't replicate the shooting. Now the fact that you think that video shows a competent shooter tells me that you know absolutely nothing about either firearms or shooting. I shot for many years and I can tell you that I'd be ashamed to be seen handling a rifle so clumsily.

You then post a link to a Daily Telegraph article which you misinterprete as confirmation that the rifle manufacturer states that the M-C couldn't be fired in that time-frame. In fact, the article says no such thing; the rifle manufacturer isn't even mentioned. The tests in question are conducted by un-named 'experts' and directly contradict tests carried out by the FBI, the US Marines and US police marksmen, who could replicate Oswald's shooting. These latter tests are mentioned in the article that you linked, yet you ignore them entirely. Why? Did the Daily Telegraph simply make them up or did you ignore them simply because they don't fit the version of events that you are so desperate to believe?

I'm frankly staggered that you can't see your own deeply flawed, selective thought processes at work. You then throw out all this condescending, patronising bollox about other people being stupid for not following your line of reasoning.:eek:

Apologies for all the bolding but with your selective reading ability, it's the only way that I can try to get things across. Can you honestly not see why no-one's buying your stuff?

Edit: oh sh1t, he's gone.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Sigurd wrote: »
    It appears to have got him banned from DS. :D

Another one! Chandelier's gone too. Just that bloody Jane Doh! woman to go.

Oh wait ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Another one! Chandelier's gone too. Just that bloody Jane Doh! woman to go.

Oh wait ...

It seems to be a bad time for newbies.

Anyway there will probably be a plethora of threads such as this in the run up the 50th anniversary.
  • Options
    mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    here is the policeman who found the gun supposedly used by Oswald. Extremely interesting interview and very very sad story, a true American hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL49y3K4f_Y
    Thanks for that link :) In it you can see TWO rifles at the sniper's nest :eek: Roger Craig was a very interesting character; many of his claims never fitted the official version of events.
  • Options
    mike_dunnmike_dunn Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I think people don't get how significant an event that was, that was a coup d'etat in the richest and most powerful country in the world, thats such a major deal you can't overstate it, and it has had implications for every person on the planet ever since even to this day.

Yes, even people in Russia were openly weeping and it was a huge shock worldwide. Most people who were teenagers and older can remember where they were when they heard the news.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    mike_dunn wrote: »
    Yes, even people in Russia were openly weeping and it was a huge shock worldwide. Most people who were teenahers and older than can remember where they were when they heard the news.

I remember my dad talking about it but it was years before my birth.
  • Options
    mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    mike_dunn wrote: »
    Yes, even people in Russia were openly weeping and it was a huge shock worldwide. Most people who were teenagers and older than can remember where they were when they heard the news.
    I still remember it to this day - after a while the BBC cut all the programmes and started broadcasting non-stop hymns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still remember it do this day - after a while the BBC cut all the programmes and started broadcasting non-stop hymns.

My mum was down in the cellar doing the washing with the old twin-tub when my dad ran down to tell her as he'd heard it on the radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think one of the most poignant yet ironic lines ever spoken came from Governor Connolly's wife seconds before the shooting. Seeing the crowds waving she turned to him and said "Well, Sir, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you"
  • Options
    McMahauldMcMahauld Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still remember it to this day - after a while the BBC cut all the programmes and started broadcasting non-stop hymns.

Now it's non-stop reality shows.