Teenager went for drunken night out in Oldham... and woke up in a toilet in PARIS

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    It's highly unlikely that even if he was able to book a ticket in that state that he would be allowed to board the plane.

I think the ability to perform technological tasks whilst completely pickled depends on the person. I've seen someone install a new hard drive whilst drunk, only vaguely remembering it the next day and they did it perfectly lol! Booking a flight is just a few clicks really.

But yes, good point about allowing him on the flight.

EDIT ooh someone just put the following comment on the DM page:

"Soz to burst his bubble, it was all planned. My mother works with some of his friends and they already knew he was going to pull a stunt like this. He even pre-ordered euro's. Do you really think they'd let him in a plane in a state that he couldn't remember a flight?"
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    I love the bit on his tweet which says ...

" Walked past the Eiffel Tower 3 times! Not a clue where I am!"

Oh, I dunno. Reckon there's a bit of a clue in there somewhere! :rolleyes:
    After 'waking up the toilet at CdG' he'd have had to take the RER in to Paris and then the metro over to the tower, so he'd have been pretty sure exactly where he was and how he got there....
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a good night out. :eek:

Well aside from the toilet part.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, cause he didn't have the whole thing planned at all:rolleyes: Wanna go on a night out to Paris, knock yourself out, but why try and pass it off as some drunken escapade?
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Yeah, cause he didn't have the whole thing planned at all:rolleyes: Wanna go on a night out to Paris, knock yourself out, but why try and pass it off as some drunken escapade?

Attention seeking? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Oh how boring! It's only fun if you capture a llama and take it for a tube ride :D

Been done and in a group too - hardly original! :p

He owns the Crown for 1) going solo 2) managing to board plane while drunk 3) waking up in a foreign land 4) getting lost at the Eiffel Tower 5).... :D
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a NIGHT out you wouldn't have time to book a plane, get to the airport, check in, and get on the plane. Planes to Europe don't leave in the middle of the night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant. That's what being a teenager should be about.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    HOW?! What an absolute idiot!

Geez, we've all done it. Don't be so hard on the guy. :o
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't believe a word of that.

But I suppose the idiot will be being hailed a "legend" by his buddies.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Oh come on, we've all done it.

Haven't we? :o

Many years ago a mate of mine tried some "alcoholic jelly" at a cafe in Basildon. He woke up at about 8am the following morning in a telephone box in Wolverhampton, with only one shoe and a front tooth missing. To this day he hasn't a clue how he got there, nor how he lost his shoe and tooth, as he can't remember a thing.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Many years ago a mate of mine tried some "alcoholic jelly" at a cafe in Basildon. He woke up at about 8am the following morning in a telephone box in Wolverhampton, with only one shoe and a front tooth missing. To this day he hasn't a clue how he got there, as he can't remember a thing.
    :eek: It's like a poor man's The Hangover !!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My "friend" asked me to run away to europe when we were off our faces once, and I was all up for it.. until he said that we should kill someone from every country we visit...

True story!
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    ACU wrote: »
    The teenager is a liar. There is no way he was that drunk, that he didnt know where he was. Hes made up the story about being drunk.

I'm not buying it either.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could have been worse, going out for a drink in Paris,
    and waking up in the toilet that IS Oldham.
  • DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Many years ago a mate of mine tried some "alcoholic jelly" at a cafe in Basildon. He woke up at about 8am the following morning in a telephone box in Wolverhampton, with only one shoe and a front tooth missing. To this day he hasn't a clue how he got there, nor how he lost his shoe and tooth, as he can't remember a thing.

Only one shoe and a gap in his teeth where one had mysteriously disappeared?
    He must have fit in well in Wolverhampton, could he manage the accent?
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He remembers far too much about buying the ticket, getting to the airport,and checking in for it to be that much of a drunken escapade.

Oh well, hope he enjoys his 5 mins of fame.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debrajoan wrote: »
    Only one shoe and a gap in his teeth where one had mysteriously disappeared?
    He must have fit in well in Wolverhampton, could he manage the accent?

lol :D

The one amazing thing was that he still had his wallet.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    How?!

*attempts to dig to China*
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Sounds like more a case of, 'wow, how wild folk will think I am', rather than a genuine 'where the hell am I', experience.

Agreed. With the hope his documented escapade will go viral and he'll become a Twitter/Reddit legend.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does ending up getting on the wrong bus and ending up in the wrong town after an organised night out to a night club in Spain . We soon sobered up when we had to try and get back to our hotels:D
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    After a NIGHT out you wouldn't have time to book a plane, get to the airport, check in, and get on the plane. Planes to Europe don't leave in the middle of the night.

His plane left the UK at 6am. Sounds reasonable to me? :confused:

You can get through an airport and on to a plane in about 30 minutes when it's quiet, I've done it before. Straight through check-in, customs and the gate. Don't forget, you can book a flight on a smartphone app now in about 5 minutes.

Air-travel is a breeze as long as you aren't going at peak times and don't look suspicious enough to attract extra checks. From reading this thread, half of you seem to think it's the most major hassle in the world.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bethaneeny wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509837/Teenager-went-drunken-night-Oldham-woke-PARIS.html

"Mum thinks I’m a pillock’: Teenager went for drunken night out in Oldham... and woke up in a toilet in PARIS

Luke Harding was getting a cab home when he decided to go abroad
    Booked flight from phone and woke up at Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris
    19-year-old said he won't use passport as ID when he goes clubbing again

]
    HOW?! What an absolute idiot![/QUOTE

Copying and pasting the daily mail to call someone a idiot... the irony

Hey newbie Green Thing manners maketh the man.:rolleyes:

Anyway I don't believe him, drunk people are never boarded on commercial/charter flights, he needs to grow up.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a lad :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people on this thread have obviously led very boring lives.

I thought it was quite funny. That's what being nineteen is about. Generally doing daft stuff and having a good time. I've done a few outrageous things while out drinking at his age but nothing beats that.