Options

luke and nicholas will be better off not winning x factor

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
Forum Member
In the long run they be better off not winning I think not be tied up with a record company that doesn't have a great track record when you do win.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Yeah Nicolas doesn't want to be tied to a record company that will force him to do soulless ballads when he clearly wants to revolt and do his drum and bass thing :-)
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Yeah Nicolas doesn't want to be tied to a record company that will force him to do soulless ballads when he clearly wants to revolt and do his drum and bass thing :-)

Who knows, maybe he does :o After all they have never allowed him any sort of musical identity other than a bland little MOR crooner. And that can't be the real Nicholas. Surely?
  • Options
    commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one who doesn't need to win is Luke to be honest, he'll be fine without Simon Cowell!
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comment wrote: »
    The only one who doesn't need to win is Luke to be honest, he'll be fine without Simon Cowell!

Not just fine without but better off without.
  • Options
    Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they will not win
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about letting the winner shine for once. Otherwise its rather pointless. Enter a talent show but dont aim for the win :confused:
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nicholas would be fine with it. Middle of the road crooner already even though he's only 12.

Luke has something about him - really think it is better he doesn't win, as he could never be repackaged as Cowell Product, in the end.
  • Options
    FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sycamore wrote: »
    Not just fine without but better off without.

Luke will be totally more than fine with not winning! :-)

And it would be best for Nicholas to not win too. :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Nicholas is probably the only one out of the 3 who actually needs to win as I cant really see him being picked up my many record agencies???
    (I find him really bland & dull btw!)

At least Luke has an edgy side & will probably have a good career ahead of him, and Sam will be picked up definitely for her vocals....
    They are better off with freedom to choose rather than being stuck under SC's thumb
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

It will be a nice moment for Sam when she wins, and I'm sure she'll go on to have a career in singing - but not as a recording artist. Who in their right minds would buy a Sam Bailey record or want to go see her live?

They've made it abundantly clear that they have zero interest in Nicholas. People keep bringing up Leon Jackson but if Nick were somehow to win I think it would be more of a Jai McDowall story. They would probably have him release some bland album right after the tour and then flop, drop and erase from XF history in time for series 11 starting.

Obviously they would be absolutely clueless about what to do with Luke. Thankfully for him he already has a strong musical identity and could probably enjoy moderate success with the right material.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the long run they be better off not winning I think not be tied up with a record company that doesn't have a great track record when you do win.

They should both be very happy then!
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason they didn't want both boys in the final is because they realise that it will split their vote, hence ensuring Sam an overwhelming win. At least Rough Copy was catering to a whole different demographic and would have made the final more diverse (and fun?). I am glad now that Sam is the assured winner!
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syco get first option on every contestant, indeed, until the tour ends everyone on it are technically signed to syco.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    How about letting the winner shine for once. Otherwise its rather pointless. Enter a talent show but dont aim for the win :confused:

Agree, they should treat all winners the same, help them and let them shine but this is Syco (or $yco) we're talking about :(