Options

What is Suarez worth?

Comments

• Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James1953 wrote: »

Tut, tut. She should've followed Brendan Rodgers' advice to the Liverpool team and just said "Give me 5!". :D
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »

Skrtel looked like he was about to dropkick her!
  • Options
    jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She predicted the score well though.
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    Good on her. Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whWIlw2UrDU
  • Options
    BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £40,000,001 plus Nick Bendtner, so about £10,000,000.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Summer Transfer £70 million plus

January transfer £100 million
  • Options
    PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I half expect Man City or Chelsea to make a £60+ million bid for him.
  • Options
    Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    PES 2009 wrote: »

It would be pretty pointless imo

Would be interesting though
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The truth is Suarez is currently worth more to Liverpool than any offer any team is likely to make, so it's really a mute point. But if I'm playing the game, he was 'worth' more than £40m in the summer when he was under a cloud and still banned. Since then he's proven himself to be by far the best player in the PL so far this season and has largely managed to stay out of trouble. I've no doubt the only team Liverpool would consider selling to, and only in the summer, would be RM and they will have to pay north of £70m. If he carries on playing the way he has so far for the rest of the season and Liverpool make top 4, it will take a record offer to prize him away from us.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpool will be taking notice of what is happening to Spurs post Bale, sometimes money just can't compensate losing your prime player.
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Liverpool will be taking notice of what is happening to Spurs post Bale, sometimes money just can't compensate losing your prime player.

I don't think we need any lessons on how losing a top player is not always compensated by getting a big payout for them. Torres is our recent prime example. We will only sell Suarez if we have no chance of keeping him and we'll sell at the time and price that suits us. The summer has proved that point conclusively.
  • Options
    Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 years left on his contract, club in a decent financial position, no need to sell.

I'd say that Liverpool demanding £100million+ for Suarez would be a fair valuation.
    If no one wants to pay it, he stays.

Spurs have shown that, just because you get a lot of money for your best player, it doesn't mean you can adequately replace him.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PES 2009 wrote: »

Doubt Man City will attempt to get a fourth recognizable striker that they will be forced to play. Also, Chelsea need to offload: Eto'o, Torres and Ba before anyone comes in. Ah, lets not forget Lukaku is due back in the summer.

Real Madrid or Bayern are the only teams I can see coming for him, unless Man United sell Rooney.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Doubt Man City will attempt to get a fourth recognizable striker that they will be forced to play. Also, Chelsea need to offload: Eto'o, Torres and Ba before anyone comes in. Ah, lets not forget Lukaku is due back in the summer.

Real Madrid or Bayern are the only teams I can see coming for him, unless Man United sell Rooney.

So, Chelsea would need to sell all 3 of their recognised strikers, in order to make room for 1 recognised striker?

Flawless logic.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »

Yeah, I'm sure Liverpool would sell to us...
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    How much are we at now? £100m+?

By the time January comes around they will be able to buy a new team and build the stadium on the back of this sale.....
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Anybody who thinks there is the slightest chance of LFC selling LS in January needs a major reality check - no matter what anybody offers. The club holds all the trump cards.

In the summer maybe he will go but only for around the same as Bale and only abroad (RM or BM) and only if LFC do not qualify for the CL, otherwise he stays - and I really do think if that happened he would want to stay and play for LFC in the CL.

The only thing which may change matters is if there is a further indiscretion between now and the end of the season but I doubt that there will be - he said with everything crossed!! (altho playing devils advocate if he did misbehave again it would make keeping him easier and so maybe it would suit LFC if he was naughty again!! - cos then nobody would want him :D)
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    £100m is nuts. Completely nuts.

If Liverpool can get it, fair play to them but it its twice his value to the buying club.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    In a phrase that's repeated ad nauseam, he's worth whatever clubs are willing to pay.

Bayern seems a possibility if Pep decides to offload Mandzukic, or even if he doesn't. The problem is that Bayern broke their transfer record just last year when they spent £32m on Javi Martinez. Would they be willing to blow that out of the water and go much higher for Suarez?

The other likeliest option seems to be Real Madrid, whose transfer budget seems to have no limitation. If they were willing to blow £86m or however much it was in pounds sterling to get Bale, Suarez's value is anyone's guess. I think it'd come down to the oft-lamented negotiating guile of Ian Ayre...
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £50 Million at most. I know right now he is the best player in the prem. Just think anything over £50 mill is a bit to much for him. As talented as he is, he is still a huge risk.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £50 million would get him. What is his scoring record like against the top 4?
  • Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,322
    Forum Member
    I would say £80million.

£20million = Negredo, Dzeko, Giroud
    £25million = Rooney, Benzema, Mandzukic, Gomez, Sturridge, Pedro
    £30million = Balotelli, Costa, Rossi, Sanchez
    £40million = Higuain, Lewandowski
    £50million = Aguero
    £60million = Falcao, Neymar
    £70million = Cavani
    £80million = Suarez
    £200million = Messi

Others have probably past their top value. Like Villa = £10million, Tevez = £15million, Van Persie = £15million, Ibrahimovic = £20million, Ronaldo = £60million. Due to age.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody who thinks there is the slightest chance of LFC selling LS in January needs a major reality check - no matter what anybody offers. The club holds all the trump cards.

In the summer maybe he will go but only for around the same as Bale and only abroad (RM or BM) and only if LFC do not qualify for the CL, otherwise he stays - and I really do think if that happened he would want to stay and play for LFC in the CL.

The only thing which may change matters is if there is a further indiscretion between now and the end of the season but I doubt that there will be - he said with everything crossed!! (altho playing devils advocate if he did misbehave again it would make keeping him easier and so maybe it would suit LFC if he was naughty again!! - cos then nobody would want him :D)

Maybe so,but wasn't it only last summer when Suarez was last getting itchy feet? There's only so far a club can sit tight, eventually it's a case of mugging Madrid for the most ridiculous price possible.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benzema and £20 million for Suarez was a deal I saw touted in the summer. Probably not a great deal for Liverpool though in hindsight.