Options

PS4 - First Impressions

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well something had to come along and ruin my PS4 experience and to the shock of (probably) no one, it was ****ing EA

FIFA 14 for me is just unplayable using remote play, the R2 button is apparently the upper corner of the backpad by the R button, only for me it isn't in fact no matter which area of the backpad i touch nothing in the game chances
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Is there anything out just now making use of the ps app second screen function ? Be interesting just to see it

I'm not sure about games using it but you can use the second screen to draw items and flick them onto the screen for the playroom robots to play with
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Just tried remote play on CoD: Ghosts and it works, its functionally, its just seems to slow and a can't keep up

Took me half a match to release the grenade icons where on the screen as well :blush:

Remote play needs a little tweaking for FPS methinks.

Need for Speed, AC4 and Injustice are brilliant on it!
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »

I don't think it's practical for fps games, I tried killzone this morning and I couldn't see who I was trying to shoot, fps need a 1:1 pixel ratio to be properly playable imo. However, I played Contrast and that was excellent on the vita, really good feature Sony have there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's practical for fps games, I tried killzone this morning and I couldn't see who I was trying to shoot, fps need a 1:1 pixel ratio to be properly playable imo. However, I played Contrast and that was excellent on the vita, really good feature Sony have there.

I don't know if the potential audience is big enough yet (how maybe people will own a PS4, Vita and an FPS/other online games FIFA etc.)

But overtime perhaps games could start to make remote play exclusive playlists, so when i go online i'd only be playing against other people on remote play (if that is even possible)

Its not really a problem that 'needs' to be solved but it would be nice to have the option, sometimes i'll want to play a few more matches but need to take my contact lenses out, remote play allows a solution just not a perfect one
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »

There is still no decent touch screen FPS, even on tablets.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Played contrast and got all the trophies, quite a short game but I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the score with killzone on the store? says free for plus
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Played contrast and got all the trophies, quite a short game but I enjoyed it.

I'm enjoying it to lol
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member

Don't know what is, it says open weekend. I'll give it a download & see what it's all about but it's 38GB!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the game anyway but yeah says open weekend but equally says yours so long as you're a plus subscriber
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah don't play an FPS on a handheld, native or remotely they just don't work. Too fiddly controls and if you are going to go online against normal console players forget it.

However it can be playable if you want to go in the campaign or play bots on the lowest difficult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Don't know what is, it says open weekend. I'll give it a download & see what it's all about but it's 38GB!!

You can play online multiplayer for 4 days from 28th-31st Dec.

From the store...

WEEKEND WARFARE

Join the intense multiplayer action of KILLZONE™ SHADOW FALL for four whole days – all you need is a PlayStation®Plus subscription.

Download the KILLZONE™ SHADOW FALL Open Weekend and defend Vekta as an elite VSA soldier or unleash the fury of Helghan as a Helghast shock trooper.

Deploy as many times as you like throughout the event and carry over all of your progress if you upgrade to the full game.

Important Notices
    • KILLZONE™ SHADOW FALL Open Weekend runs from 00:00 AM (CET) 28 December to 00:00 AM (CET) 1 January.
    • Play as you download for this title requires an initial download of up to 12GB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Yeah don't play an FPS on a handheld, native or remotely they just don't work. Too fiddly controls and if you are going to go online against normal console players forget it.

However it can be playable if you want to go in the campaign or play bots on the lowest difficult.

Has no one played KZ:Mercenary on the Vita!!!! Best ever handheld FPS!!! looks amazing, plays amazing and the MP is quality too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »

Killzone Mercenary works!
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    After further play, I can say I honestly prefer this to my Xbox One. The X1 is a great machine in its own right but I'll just be using that for the exclusives like Forza, Dead Rising, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive etc and everything else will be PS4. It just feels like a higher quality product & easier to use.

The voice commands work well too with the camera but the PQ is a million times better on Kinect

Moving from a 360 I'm glad the PS4 has a smaller controller and no large power brick which I think XB1 has. PS4 has apps like Netflix and Iplayer and offers all that without it being a huge cable box. It's obvious an Xbox slim will come probably sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im amazed at how seemless and quick it is moving from game to system menu etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pidge wrote: »
    Has no one played KZ:Mercenary on the Vita!!!! Best ever handheld FPS!!! looks amazing, plays amazing and the MP is quality too!
    I have played it, but it was still fiddly despite being the best FPS and you don't compete against people using proper consoles and controllers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im amazed at how little stressed the ps4 is. I mean you can be playing a game and instantly pop out to system and you wouldn't even know your game was still running. Just all seems seemless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im amazed at how little stressed the ps4 is. I mean you can be playing a game and instantly pop out to system and you wouldn't even know your game was still running. Just all seems seemless.

Yeah it's a great feature.

How does the "what's new" section work, all I see are my notifications, haven't seen anyone else's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure myself gormond. That bit looks a bit messy to me.
    Im wanting to have a play around with the last 15 mins of gameplay feature next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your activities are on mine gormond. Says you played AC black flag. You earned a trophy in resogun and that you recently changed your avatar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your activities are on mine gormond. Says you played AC black flag. You earned a trophy in resogun and that you recently changed your avatar

Ahh, wonder why I'm not seeing anyone else's, maybe they have chosen not to share.
  • Options
    Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    Got my ps4 being delivered in a couple of days after a complete stroke of luck on amazon yesterday. Very excited
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Ahh, wonder why I'm not seeing anyone else's, maybe they have chosen not to share.

Not sure. I don't see the point of not sharing. ...we're all in this together. I do still think it looks a little untidy though.

Ps. I know the wii had it....but I love the controller having that speaker. Used properly that will bring great atmosphere to games.

Its actually a very well thought out system. Not sure what I'd even change on it.