A Fashion Style Your Glad You Avoided.

Comments

• Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    Poodle Perms, never a good look.

I'm actually giving serious thought to getting a body wave at the minute! I have horrid flat hair that just hangs there no matter how it is cut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Boob tubes. Women always seemed to be having to pull them up and adjust them.

Oh I always loved my boob tubes. :blush: I had micro fibre boob tubes in every colour going, and I never wore bras with them!! :o My boobs must have been great back then...
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Gladiator sandals. They make the most slender ankles look chunky. I can't believe the amount of women who wore them, and still do. So unflattering!!!

I think they're great with maxi dresses but nothing else.

That reminds me, a fashion I really don't understand is maxi dresses with high heels :confused:
  • Options
    belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silver Stilettos and gold handbags.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uggs, and their rip offs. There does not seem to have been that many around this year so perhaps they are dying out.

Where I live I keep seeing women of a certain class (i am being a bit snobby, I mean a bit chavvy) wearing fur trimmed capes. I have seen little girls in them too. I have seen them on sale at a market stall too. Is this something that is confined to my area or is this a new widespread fashion?
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Tattoos.

I very nearly got one 20 years ago, the last time they were all the rage. I'm so glad I didn't because it would look so shit right now.

I have a feeling that an awful lot of people, particularly women, are going to have some pretty big regrets a few years from now - and you can bet your bottom dollar that they are going to expect to get them removed for free by the NHS.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gladiator sandals. They make the most slender ankles look chunky. I can't believe the amount of women who wore them, and still do. So unflattering!!!
    I always think of the blisters all those straps would cause. Ouch.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Tattoos.

I very nearly got one 20 years ago, the last time they were all the rage. I'm so glad I didn't because it would look so shit right now.

I have a feeling that an awful lot of people, particularly women, are going to have some pretty big regrets a few years from now - and you can bet your bottom dollar that they are going to expect to get them removed for free by the NHS.

I've had my tattoos for more than 20 years and I don't regret either of them.
  • Options
    ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crop tops and uggs.
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting my belly button pierced. My friend tried to persuade me but I decided it wasn't for me.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leggings.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    A poncho. A garment that makes a thin woman look fat and a fat woman look enormous. Warm though.

Similar to maxi dresses, they make everyone look much fatter than they are. I tried one on once and looked at myself in the mirror with horror!
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Leggings.

I wear leggings almost daily, I don't see them as fashionable though. Just very warm and comfortable.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculously high heeled shoes. They're not comfortable. You can walk fast. You could fall over. The pain of them would make me cry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear leggings almost daily, I don't see them as fashionable though. Just very warm and comfortable.

If you saw my bum you would agree with me.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting my belly button pierced. My friend tried to persuade me but I decided it wasn't for me.

I wish that was a trend I'd never followed. I hate my scared belly button. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Ridiculously high heeled shoes. They're not comfortable. You can walk fast. You could fall over. The pain of them would make me cry.

Loved them. Worked in them , the higher the better. I'm a wee short person tho.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad I missed/refused that an' all.

For a delicate look I wear low stilletoes, or flats with a pointed front. Luckily I have slim ankles and calves.

High heels suck, I've an aversion to pain.

Oh and I missed the Mullet too, which is a GOOD THING.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that was a trend I'd never followed. I hate my scared belly button. :(

Why is your belly button scared??
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Random over-priced branded shit like Von Dutch or Ed Hardy.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    A Fashion Style Your Glad You Avoided

Dayglo Crocs and they're so hideous that wearing them out in the open ought to be a public decency offence.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is your belly button scared??

It's scared of being scarred further, poor tender thing.

Makes me eyes water thinking about it.

But never mind GoGo, I've a spectacular vaccination mark.:p
  • Options
    squeekycheekssqueekycheeks Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Harem pants ! Always looked like a giant nappy :D
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Loved them. Worked in them , the higher the better. I'm a wee short person tho.

I'm average height but they hurt too much, and I don't think it is a good look on me - agony.;-) I'm pretty practical and not at all girly - trainers or Doc Martens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm average height but they hurt too much, and I don't think it is a good look on me - agony.;-) I'm pretty practical and not at all girly - trainers or Doc Martens.

Cannot wear them now. Got doc types on as I type. Hate soft slippers and trainers.