Options

TV shows since the year 2000 that no one remembers?

Comments

• Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoons on channel 4. was quite a funny show but never got a second series.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    How about sunburn with Michelle Collins set in a Spanish resort?

Was a poor version of Benidorm though but was okay to watch for it's time.

I remember this. Similarly she starred in another drama about her a 5 friends and their love lives, It weren't daylight robbery (another one of hers)
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Evans What Now. I think thats what it was called one series was made.

That rubbish PC comedy with Jasper Carrott.
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    The Murder Game.

I think this was around 2002/2003. I loved this show every Saturday and then it got moved later and later in the schedules and now people just look at me blankly whenever I mention it.

Also The Block. I seem to remember 4 couples were given an identical house on a 'block' and given a set amount of time and funds to do it all up and then had it evaluated by Simon Cowell's brother.

I remember 'The Murder Game' as well, 2002/03 sounds about right as I think I was around 11 when I watched it. IIRC it was on BBC 1 or 2, and on a weekend night (might have been a Saturday night and then moved to a Sunday). It was really interesting to watch, although the final wasn't done very well (iirc the 2 people left had to choose different suspects as the killer, so ofc only one of them was right and got the money). Quite strategic at times as well, as when they had to decide who should go to the 2 places for clues (one place being where you found a clue and the other meaning that you ran into the murderer and was 'killed'), I remember one episode where they chose someone who had been doing really well and she got 'killed' that night - whereas the guy who won managed to survive around 4 of those hunts.

^I think this show could be easily brought back (might be a bit expensive, but I reckon it would get viewers).
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Two that come to mind for me:
    All About George- Rik Mayall attempts to be the straight lead in a family drama, and fails.
    Mine All Mine- Griff Rhys Jones is a man who claims that he is the owner of the city of Swansea thanks to an ancient family will.

I can't remember All About George, but yes Mine All Mine was pretty decent. I think it only ran for 5 episodes and was left open for a second series.
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Lee Evans What Now. I think thats what it was called one series was made.

That rubbish PC comedy with Jasper Carrott.

I can picture Lee Evans in a one off drama probably about 5 years ago or so. He was at a dinner party where the guests all got mad at each other.
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At home with the braithwaites.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Thieves Like Us

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/thieveslikeus/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thieves_Like_Us_(TV_series)

Thieves Like Us is a six-part BBC Three sitcom which was first broadcast in 2007, based on the book The Burglar Diaries.

It follows the lives of Bex and Ollie, a pair of burglars who make their living by burgling factories, warehouses, offices and shops, and take work wherever they can find it.

It is written by The Burglar Diaries' author, Danny King; each episode lasts around 25 minutes.

I thought this was a good little comedy. Shame that it didn't get a second series.
  • Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,644
    Forum Member
    Liparus wrote: »
    I can picture Lee Evans in a one off drama probably about 5 years ago or so. He was at a dinner party where the guests all got mad at each other.

I remember that one too. Guess what it was called...? ;-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1062350/
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Dead Man Weds starring Johnny Vegas and Dave Spikey. It was moved around the schedule and died a natural death, but I liked it.
  • Options
    shadforthshadforth Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outcasts(2011) with Liam Cunningham,hammy sci-fi!
  • Options
    tigerowltigerowl Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one I know seems to remember Strictly Dance Fever. It was on BBC1 and came before Strictly as we know it now. I loved it!
  • Options
    TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Quiz show The Syndicate. It started around the same time as the Weakest Link and was quite good but it didn't really catch peoples imagination and only lasted 1 series.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/The_Syndicate
  • Options
    g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember 'The Murder Game' as well, 2002/03 sounds about right as I think I was around 11 when I watched it. IIRC it was on BBC 1 or 2, and on a weekend night (might have been a Saturday night and then moved to a Sunday). It was really interesting to watch, although the final wasn't done very well (iirc the 2 people left had to choose different suspects as the killer, so ofc only one of them was right and got the money). Quite strategic at times as well, as when they had to decide who should go to the 2 places for clues (one place being where you found a clue and the other meaning that you ran into the murderer and was 'killed'), I remember one episode where they chose someone who had been doing really well and she got 'killed' that night - whereas the guy who won managed to survive around 4 of those hunts.

^I think this show could be easily brought back (might be a bit expensive, but I reckon it would get viewers).

I've got them all recorded on DVD.

Spy (2004) - 8 contestants competed (even though there was no prize at the end) to see if they had it in them what is needed to become a spy
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shegeek wrote: »
    Monkey dust- An animated satirical black comedy that really cut to the bone. Way ahead of its time, I found it grotesquely funny.

Love monkey dust, have it on DVD but no one I know has seen it.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lock, Stock on Channel 4 from 2000. A shameless cash in on the film and it bombed !

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock,_Stock...
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, yes that's it. I loved it. I remember being a bit annoyed that the guy kept surviving and moving through the rounds on what seemed like a run of luck. :D

They should bring it back, tweak the format a bit. Would be a better use of money than yet another talent show.

Although knowing TV nowadays they'd only bring it back with celebs competing. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twisted tales on BBC Three it was a different story every week. Can't remember everyone that was in it but Mitchell and Webb were definatley in one episode.
  • Options
    wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Home Time - The BBC comedy drama from 2009 staring Emma Fryer.

I really liked it, but I'm pretty sure no one (other than me :)) watched it at the time and/or remembers it because I think I'm more or less the only one ever to mention it except when it was first broadcast.
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attachments, I think it was called? About some web designers I think, on BBC2?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Lock, Stock on Channel 4 from 2000. A shameless cash in on the film and it bombed !

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock,_Stock...

I remember it (mostly the titles) like Lock Stock and Four Stolen Hooves and stuff :D

Not quite sure if this was 2000s but there was some show on Channel 4 around then, where they messed around with cult/old film clips adding dialogue to them and taking the piss :D I think it was called Expolitica or something :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Bex? I think thats what it was called with Jessica Stephenson.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tigerowl wrote: »
    No one I know seems to remember Strictly Dance Fever. It was on BBC1 and came before Strictly as we know it now. I loved it!
    It was a spin-off of Strictly, it started in the spring of 2005 after the first two series of Strictly had already aired.

Bedsitcom
    Shattered
    24 Hour Quiz
    20 Things to Do Before You're 30
    Surburban Shootout (which featured Tom Hiddleston in a minor role)
    Model Behaviour
  • Options
    aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night and Day was an 'interesting' soap on ITV. It wasn't to last though.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow. Was an hour of tedium IIRC.