Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 9)

Comments

• kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekly Bulletin of The Malt(shovel)

Home farm is being rebuilt after the devestating fire that if suffered at Christmas, Ron builders have been employed, Ron is a member of the Malt's Saturday Club. The peson who admitted guilt of the fire is still on the run after skipping bail.

In a related matter the many properties owned by home farm estates have been taken off the market and their tenant appear to be free to remain in residence.

Sandy's sweets on the connelton road is open for business and is planning to tkae on 50 more staff, sandy said we are the best Sweet Business in the Dale's

Farmer Giles dog Abercrombie won the BBC's one man and his dog competition this week so well done to them

Several Sheep and one baby Llama on Farmer Browns farm were mauled and eaten by the wild cat at large in the area.

Rustlers stole 6 cows and 2 Llama's off Home Farm land police are making enquiries.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Analysis Centrals 5 things about Emmerdale.

1) What has happened to Declan before he went bankrupt he was rigid as an ironing board and had the charisma of a gnat. Since then and the fire and getting together with Charity he was been smoking the screen off suddely disovering the acting abilty he had long forgotten. He could see his hot nickname last night, whoever had the idea of putting him together with Charity must be a genius its done wonders for them both

2) Its appears accroding to the soap "experts" that Declan got his money much earlier than would normally happen but who cares Home farm is being repaired.

3) Would Priya by now even be able to walk down the steet let alon run 8k it she's not eating at all.

4) Keep the Moron away from choosing Bernice Internet dates no wonder its likely to go wrong with him involved.

5) Moira amke you mind on things, either be with Cain or not, work with James or Not, Seel you meat to Charlotte or not just make your mind up sometimes.

Agree with the bib here - it's astonishing how much he's changed in the last few weeks. Just shows what he can do when he has somebody good to work with and imo he and Charity are far more believable than he and Katie ever were.
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh, but you would wonder, given the past...WHY the hell Charity wants anything to do with Home Farm.
  • KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I find the James and Moria storyline getting better, we now know they had a past (as if we couldn't have guessed) and Cain, lovely as he is, is a jealous nutcase. All simmering under the same roof, with the sexual tension mixed in. Someone is going to blow. But who ?
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the James and Moria storyline getting better, we now know they had a past (as if we couldn't have guessed) and Cain, lovely as he is, is a jealous nutcase. All simmering under the same roof, with the sexual tension mixed in. Someone is going to blow. But who ?[/QUOTE]

BIB ooer missus!:blush:
  • KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I find the James and Moria storyline getting better, we now know they had a past (as if we couldn't have guessed) and Cain, lovely as he is, is a jealous nutcase. All simmering under the same roof, with the sexual tension mixed in. Someone is going to blow. But who ?[/QUOTE]

BIB ooer missus!:blush:

I know, it's all a bit clutching at the pearl necklace, what will the neighbours think :blush:.

But that's what makes it great :kitty:
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the James and Moria storyline getting better, we now know they had a past (as if we couldn't have guessed) and Cain, lovely as he is, is a jealous nutcase. All simmering under the same roof, with the sexual tension mixed in. Someone is going to blow. But who ?

Katie. The answer to these kind of questions is always Katie ;-):p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Priya eating disorder story is being well handled and well portrayed. Thank god for that as the rest of tonight's double absolutely stank.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    The Priya eating disorder story is being well handled and well portrayed. Thank god for that as the rest of tonight's double absolutely stank.

I do like Priya. I'm glad she has a good story line. Why they gave all the Sharma story lines to Jai is beyond me >:(

Oh and Cit, *bats eye lashes* Debbie needs your vote in the next round of the ED character game :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    I do like Priya. I'm glad she has a good story line. Why they gave all the Sharma story lines to Jai is beyond me >:(

Oh and Cit, *bats eye lashes* Debbie needs your vote in the next round of the ED character game :D:D

Ooh, cheers star! I'm there! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oldnjaded let us both down on the game.:p:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    Yeh, but you would wonder, given the past...WHY the hell Charity wants anything to do with Home Farm.

Could be that Charity wants to live at Home Farm because it is the "Big House" in t'village, never mind her history with the place?

Once ensconced she will be able to look down her pointy nose at all the serfs below her, treating them like dirt, barking orders and generally acting like Atilla the Hun on speed. She can (in her mind) bestow and withdraw her largesse to the villagers and grant poaching/scamming rights to her rellies.

But she sees living there with her fingers in all Declan's dealings will be one in the eye to Jai. She doesn't see that Jai cannot give a rat's arse what the silly bint does, all he wants is to have Archie back.

Once she gets what she wants Miss Magic Floopy will be plotting and scheming about something else. She is greedy, acquisitive and downright nasty and will never be satisfied with whatever she has.

Whew, feel so much better now! Goes off for a lie down in a darkened room.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's double was so boring, except for the bit where first Megan and then Robbie found out about the golden floopy moving in, their faces mad me lol. But I have a feeling that Declan is even more devious than Floopy. Watch this space!

I was enraged that Floopy moved Megan and Declan into Jimmy's office, what a bl**dy cheek. That woman has more front than Blackpool promenade, and Jimmy has no conkers. Why can't they run their business from Megan's cottage? Speaking of cottages, what's the betting that she persuades Declan with her golden Floopy to put all the cottages back on the market as soon as she becomes Lady of the Manor?

Can someone remind me again how she managed to row herself into Jimmy's business and his office.

When I think of all the previous owners of Home Farm and now we have this bunch of scheming to**ers up there, makes you weep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded let us both down on the game.:p:p

I know >:( She could of put her higher, just for us :( *Mutters about crappy Dailian loyalty*
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know >:( She could of put her higher, just for us :( *Mutters about crappy Dailian loyalty*

Erm excuse me, I am hardly the only one!:o Anyway you're just miffed because I threw your chocolate cake back in your face and stayed true to my principles, (unlike some, who would have put Hitler at the top of the list for the sake of your manky cake). :p:kitty:
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's double was so boring, .

A massive 800.000 viewers didn't turn up for the second epsiode which was only a couple of hundred thousand above an unthinkable 5 million for a mid winter episode. One flop story after another for Kate Oates. Something's got to give here. Either she pulls her socks up or she goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Erm excuse me, I am hardly the only one!:o Anyway you're just miffed because I threw your chocolate cake back in your face and stayed true to my principles, (unlike some, who would have put Hitler at the top of the list for the sake of your manky cake). :p:kitty:

And I've taken them off my list as well >:(

Manky :o No cake that contains chocolate is manky ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    A massive 800.000 viewers didn't turn up for the second epsiode which was only a couple of hundred thousand above an unthinkable 5 million for a mid winter episode. One flop story after another for Kate Oates. Something's got to give here. Either she pulls her socks up or she goes.

Eh?? :confused: The second ep got 6.32m (6.46 inc +1). As you are so obsessed with the ratings, at least get them right. :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could understand why you would put Debbie low but Victoria as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm fire alarm going off will be back in a bit.

I hope.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm fire alarm going off will be back in a bit.

I hope.:o

:o:o:D:D:D:D

In case it's not a drill, 'I LOVED YOU KWYNNE!!!' :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:D:D:D:D

In case it's not a drill, 'I LOVED YOU KWYNNE!!!' :cry:

Thankfully it was a drill, mean of them to hold it in the rain the first shower of the day in fact gah, thankfully I remembered my coat.

At least this time everybody didn't technically die in this non existant fire because during a previous drill everybody did heh.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed both episodes so much, it was just the tonic after a nightshift :D Kate! Keep them socks where they are! (but gonna not split up Cain & Moira or make her have an affair, thank you)
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh?? :confused: The second ep got 6.32m (6.46 inc +1). As you are so obsessed with the ratings, at least get them right. :kitty:

A few hundred rather than a couple. Big deal. Those are still terrible ratings for this time of the year. If the show was any good why did such a huge numnber turn off at 8 pm? Oates has had plenty of time to start getting it more right than wrong but she's doing the opposite and the decling viewing figures are saying it all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    A few hundred rather than a couple. Big deal. Those are still terrible ratings for this time of the year. If the show was any good why did such a huge numnber turn off at 8 pm? Oates has had plenty of time to start getting it more right than wrong but she's doing the opposite and the decling viewing figures are saying it all.

Again, your blind hatred of ED affects your judgement, (not to mention your mathematical abilities). On what planet is 6.46m anything other than 1.46m above 5m? :confused:

I find it's always best to try and keep at least a tenuous grip on reality. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.