Options

--Revolution Season 2 (US Pace)--

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So unless we are doing Time Travel then I'm guessing the AI has gone all Matrix in tricking Aaron into believing he's living in the normal world and not a post apocalyptic one.

Only question is why, why didn't the AI just cut the power to the computer terminal to stop Aaron rewriting the code/planting the Virus?

Also will we see Aaron don a floor length black leather coat and start flying next week?
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    So unless we are doing Time Travel then I'm guessing the AI has gone all Matrix in tricking Aaron into believing he's living in the normal world and not a post apocalyptic one.

Only question is why, why didn't the AI just cut the power to the computer terminal to stop Aaron rewriting the code/planting the Virus?

Also will we see Aaron don a floor length black leather coat and start flying next week?

Maybe it needed to die or be restarted.

I actually got a weird vibe that Aaron will straddle two timelines. But I think its likely the AI is tricking him.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, Episode 14 was interesting. The writing was better. Miles and Neville's scenes were decent, but there wasn't much movement on that story front. As for Monroe and Mini-Monroe, good to see them escape, but how long before they get captured again? :D

The story of the week was Aaron and the AI storyline. Although, I'm still not digging the "nano is God" stuff, the scenes were good. The alternate cyber reality where the Blackout didn't happen is very intriguing. Will be interesting to see if they explore that avenue or is it just a short detour in the story? We'll see.
    I do agree that the AI s trying to trick Aaron into thinking that the real world is fake and the computer reality is the real world. Maybe Aaron will be forced to choose between a blue pill or red pill to decide which reality is real :D.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do hate 'It's all in their heads' type episodes, especially when they use the 'They haven't really woken up' cop out.

Not too keen on having the nanites be the bad guys.

Best bit of the episode was Charlie though. Bet that pleased a few of the Charlie dislikers.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hate 'It's all in their heads' type episodes, especially when they use the 'They haven't really woken up' cop out.

Not too keen on having the nanites be the bad guys.

Best bit of the episode was Charlie though. Bet that pleased a few of the Charlie dislikers.

Does anyone dislike Dirty, Slutty Charlie? I thought we all loved her.:confused::D

Season one 'Good Hair holier than thou bad acting Charlie' - different story.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D what I don't get is how did the sheltered, village virgin from Season 1 become such a feisty, gun-toting, sex monster in the space of months :D.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a viewer, and defender, of Season 1, I still haven't watched Season 2. I've heard that it's better than Season 1 from a few people (and I did like Season 1 anyway), but I don't want to commit to more until I know of it's fate (either being renewed which I doubt, or cancelled but with an ending written). I'm not investing time for it to end unresolved, so I wish they'd just bloody tell us what's happening so I can make a decision! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    erm.....i didn't like this episode at all was actually so predictable, felt like it was such a waste of an episode.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    :D what I don't get is how did the sheltered, village virgin from Season 1 become such a feisty, gun-toting, sex monster in the space of months :D.

Well (considering you're not be totally sarcastic), the events of the entire series, I'd imagine would change anyone, and force them to come out of their shell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    Well (considering you're not be totally sarcastic), the events of the entire series, I'd imagine would change anyone, and force them to come out of their shell.

I certainly agree with you, but I feel like it happened a bit too quickly.
    Not that I'm complaining or anything, I think it's done the character a world of good. Season 1 Charlie was just dire.

Anyway, back to other matters, where exactly is the overarching storyline going? Usually you kind of have an idea where a show is going with the story. But this show feels a bit all over the place. Where is the AI storyline actually going? Where is the Patriots storyline going? What is the connection between the two threads?

All we know so far is that the Patriots are attempting to pull off some Nazi-style culling of the population with the Typhus disease, so they can build a glorious, new America or something like that, and they also have links to the Illuminati. Meanwhile, the AI thinks it's some kind of God and also believes Aaron and Priscilla to be its parents, and has also trapped Aaron in a cyber reality. Does that about cover it?
  • Options
    TorquarTorquar Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    We also learned that the nanites have played Half-Life and have a sense of humour :D.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm. Never really like 'alternate reality' episodes but there were some great throw away little moments - Aaron's reaction upon waking up :D Miles & Bass. Bass's mention of his nightmare of a snake chasing him :o Charlie getting shot in the head. Well, Charlie in general. All the Sci-fi references. And I was fooled the first time Aaron 'woke up'.

But.....

Aside from 'fixing' the nano nothing happened. Aaron didn't develop as a person. I'm not a fan of the AI story line or Aaron anyway so....

A bit meh. But still enjoyable for what it was.

Edit - Forgot Tom's insurance adverts:o:D best bit of the episode:D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charlie getting shot in the head.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/koantemplation/DOGs/vlcsnap-2014-03-08-02h34m56s151_zpsc67004bf.jpg

I bet some people were disappointed it was just a fantasy. :)
  • Options
    miffy_1306miffy_1306 Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the scene with Miles and Bass, so many funny moments :)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite enjoyed that, certainly one of the better "It's not real, it's all in your mind and the aliens/demons/god like computers want to trick you into doing something for them" episodes that just about every sci-fi/fantasy show does at one point or other. :D

Actually quite refreshing that that the Nanites succeeded in tricking Aaron (usually our Hero wakes up without doing the task) and I was convinced for a little while that the series was going to go forward with the Power switched back on.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how I feel about the new episode. We now have the triangle of Jason, Connor and Charlie and I was glad the reconditioning had more to it than met the eye. Plus the nannites have entered the fray again so it will be interesting to see what they are up to. They must have an end game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably the best episode yet. And nobody got captured, I repeat nobody got captured :o. The secret behind the re-programming wasn't exactly shocking as I suspected it was going to be something like the Manchuarian Candidate, but still quite cool. Not interested in a love triangle with Connor, Charlie and Jason, so hopefully they will not focus too much on that.

I also liked the whole flashback with the evil President plotting a coup with the soldiers at Guantanamo Bay. Dialogue flowed well in that scene. I'll bet in the coming episodes we'll meet the President's bosses a.k.a the Illuminati who most likely ordered him to instigate the coup, so that they could take control.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much development this week. Really this was a look at why everyone is fighting. Bass has been nice recently but I think they have decided to turn him bad again.

What annoys me is the writers seem to have forgotten that Miles tortured Rachel. Bass also tortured people.

Anyway from it seems the producers realize they have to do something to boost the ratings. Next week's promo indicates there will be a game changer. I have a feeling it might very well be cancelled and hope they end this season without a cliffhanger.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Anyway from it seems the producers realize they have to do something to boost the ratings. Next week's promo indicates there will be a game changer. I have a feeling it might very well be cancelled and hope they end this season without a cliffhanger.
    You think? The ratings for S2 are good compared to S1 I thought? I'd expect S3 out of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    You think? The ratings for S2 are good compared to S1 I thought? I'd expect S3 out of this.

It has decreased in its ratings :-
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/30/revolution-ratings-2/
    and tv by the numbers has it on the bubble
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/18/nbc-predictions-believe-crisis-start-as-toss-ups-to-be-canceled-or-renewed/244633/
    http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/revolution-season-two-ratings-30047/

The last link shows how it has gone from a 1.8 to a 1.3. I honestly think that long hiatus is what killed it and moving it to 8.00pm. some people hope if it is given a 3rd season then it might have 13 episodes.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Well, that was an intense (somewhat) mid season (I think) final? I say mid season, it's more late season, but I believe there is a slight break now before the final five episodes are shown?
    Shame that Jason bit the dust, though you'd think, if you found out you were a super soldier that could be ordered to do things if someone read some numbers from the inside of your eyelids; you'd burn the inside of your eyelid or something, thus eradicating said number. Logic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Well, that was an intense (somewhat) mid season (I think) final? I say mid season, it's more late season, but I believe there is a slight break now before the final five episodes are shown?
    Shame that Jason bit the dust, though you'd think, if you found out you were a super soldier that could be ordered to do things if someone read some numbers from the inside of your eyelids; you'd burn the inside of your eyelid or something, thus eradicating said number. Logic?

I don't think you could do that easily without blinding yourself. They could have found some waterproof eyeliner and covered it up. It is very difficult to get that stuff off! They could all go around like Captain Sparrow.

I was very sad about Jason as I liked him. I think the producers knew that they couldn't go on without one of the main characters biting the dust. I wonder if they will go for a cliffhanger in the hopes of a renewal or have an end just in case. Now Jason has died Neville will probably try and kill Charley when he finds out. In any case he will do something drastic.

I also like that Miles has come to realize that he should have killed that boy. It all comes down to whether the end justifies the means. Should he have killed him on the off chance he might turn up again?
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the very start of the episode, with Jason and Tom, I actually thought "I hope they kill Jason off soon. He's such a bore."

And to my pleasant surprise he didn't even last past the episode. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Aaron next please.
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last link shows how it has gone from a 1.8 to a 1.3. I honestly think that long hiatus is what killed it and moving it to 8.00pm. some people hope if it is given a 3rd season then it might have 13 episodes.

The failure of both Crisis and Believe for NBC is actually giving Revolution a shot at renewal now. Even a 1.3 demo is decent for NBC these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally caught up on the last two episodes.
    So, Jason Neville bites the dust. Looking forward to seeing Tom's reaction. He's gonna be major pissed when he finds out Charlie killed his son :o. If I was her, I would go into hiding.
    The attempted assassination of the Texas Governor was quite good too. I enjoyed that sequence with Miles shooting dead the kid that he had let off only an episode earlier.

All in all, decent TV.