If Hayley and Dan do Jai Ho, they will win.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit to not finding any DOI routines memorable, not in the same anyway as some of the dances on SCD, of which I could pick quite a few memorable ones!!! Not least Ramps salsa, or Louis Smith final performance!

I did love Beth and Lukash Scottish dance routine so I hope they pick that one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    In the link to the interview with Dan he confirms they can do a routine from any series so it's pretty obvious jai ho will make a return. I think it is probably the most memorable performance from any series whether Hayley was a favourite celebrity or not. Will be interesting to see if it's a clean skate as the expectation will be so high from audience and judges. I did really like this routine on tv but was bitterly disappointed at the live tour as it just got lost on the big rink and seemed very slow.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    mnc wrote: »
    In the link to the interview with Dan he confirms they can do a routine from any series so it's pretty obvious jai ho will make a return. I think it is probably the most memorable performance from any series whether Hayley was a favourite celebrity or not. Will be interesting to see if it's a clean skate as the expectation will be so high from audience and judges. I did really like this routine on tv but was bitterly disappointed at the live tour as it just got lost on the big rink and seemed very slow.

I just rewatched it and I suspect that for some it may not be quite as good as they remember. There's an awful lot of toepick dancing on the spot and armography. Seen alongside higher-calibre skaters like Ray and Beth, rather than the weak field of 2010, I think it may be a bit of a damp squib.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    I just rewatched it and I suspect that for some it may not be quite as good as they remember. There's an awful lot of toepick dancing on the spot and armography. Seen alongside higher-calibre skaters like Ray and Beth, rather than the weak field of 2010, I think it may be a bit of a damp squib.

I just watched it on your link and you are completely right! The only thing that was that impressive skating wise was the spin which we know Ray can do much better. I can't believe how slow it was! I wonder if they've made it technically more difficult for the 2014 version as I'm not sure anyone will be wowed by the lack of skating in it.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    well - i will be givng 10 votess to Ray and 5 to Beth irrespective of whatbthey do.

i wouldnt waste a single vote on hayley and her no skating routine.
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    of course they will drag Jai Ho out for the finals

you would think it was better than T&Ds Bolero they way its been built up since they won their year

all arms legs and gurning
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Hayley's Jai Ho is memorable is because all her other routines are forgettable.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Love her jai ho i hope it will win her the show.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It shows that we don't know what routines they're doing.

Also, anything can happen on the night. Hayley could mess up (a la Suzanne, with her Music routine) and/or one of the others could blow her performance out of the water. We'll be seeing all three routines together, so it doesn't really matter how memorable Jai Ho is now. I also think that people who remember Jai Ho may find that it doesn't live up to their memories, so being a memorable routine may be a disadvantage (again, see Suzanne and her Music routine).

Music had added difficulty this series and its got tricks, wow factor and lifts that neither Hayley or Ray can do. It ended series 3 with a couple of moves no one else has done, and it added another this year. The problem is there's more to go wrong - lots of transitions and difficult moves.

There's very little difficulty that could go wrong in Jai Ho - and all Hayley has to do if she's spinning less well now is to turn less, more slowly, in her big spin move. Her problem is that she's doing smaller tricks and lifts recently so adding a big move is unlikely - and the nature of the choregraphy/music is that added moves or speeding up wouldn't fit either. will people vote for the same music and dance again?

Beth's problem is that she's added difficulty to her best routine from last series, moves better now , and has had two or three good routines loaded with difficulty - but she's got no credit for it. If people listen to the judges she's got a problem, whatever she does.

Not sure Ray has done anything thats thats been that memorable or exciting, this series or better than several he did back in series 4. he may win on sex apapeal, or consistenct high standards, or being the best combination left. His choice is going to be interesting. It may be his 40 versus Hayley's 40, and Beth' doing bigger tricks than either.
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's Hayley for me. I hope Beth goes out first as I don't think she has an interesting bone in her body, as Robin might have put it. I know her skating is marginally better than Hayley's, but that's because she is concentrating on it and not giving any thought to her performance, as we might expect from a sportsperson. Hayley is not only skating, she as acting as well - "Acting on Ice" as we might call it.

And Beth's skating is nowhere near as good as Sam's so my ideal final would be Ray, Hayley and Sam (I believe Jason said the same thing).

And as for boring routines, I admire Jayne and Chris but I wish they had picked a different piece of music to pin their career to. I rate Bolero as the most boring piece of classical music ever written. I liked it the first time I heard it but when it got to verse 15 I began to dope off. I normally like Ravel's music but I don't know what he was thinking when he wrote this.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Music had added difficulty this series and its got tricks, wow factor and lifts that neither Hayley or Ray can do. It ended series 3 with a couple of moves no one else has done, and it added another this year. The problem is there's more to go wrong - lots of transitions and difficult moves.

There's very little difficulty that could go wrong in Jai Ho - and all Hayley has to do if she's spinning less well now is to turn less, more slowly, in her big spin move. Her problem is that she's doing smaller tricks and lifts recently so adding a big move is unlikely - and the nature of the choregraphy/music is that added moves or speeding up wouldn't fit either. will people vote for the same music and dance again?

Beth's problem is that she's added difficulty to her best routine from last series, moves better now , and has had two or three good routines loaded with difficulty - but she's got no credit for it. If people listen to the judges she's got a problem, whatever she does.

Not sure Ray has done anything thats thats been that memorable or exciting, this series or better than several he did back in series 4. he may win on sex apapeal, or consistenct high standards, or being the best combination left. His choice is going to be interesting. It may be his 40 versus Hayley's 40, and Beth' doing bigger tricks than either.

I found Music laughable when Suzanne did it this series. There was nothing special about it, and Suzanne was struggling all the way through. So the tricks and lifts are irrelevant - it just looked distinctly average and the 'wow' factor was non-existant.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I think Beth should do Clown. It's better than Jai Ho IMO.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    I think Beth should do Clown. It's better than Jai Ho IMO.

Agree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I would love to see them do Jai Ho, its one of my all time faves from the show. I'd also love to see Beth do Clown. And I'm not sure for Ray because I dont really remember any of his routines that much
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley could win with Jai Ho - because it is so showy and the audience at home may be influenced by the music and the arm moves and the general feel of the piece.
    It is visually appealing - as are so many of her and Dan's routines. Lots of people just go with what they see and don't question whether a dance is technically better.

I dont think it is a technically winning dance - I remember wondering what all the fuss was about when it was first danced...:confused:

Ray and Maria have many memorable dances - two of which - Rock around the clock and the Flamenco from this series were brilliant. I hope they do one of them.

Rays dancing on ice is fabulous - but it's all about the flow over the ice and the beautiful movements and the true feel of the dance with him. I very much fear that many of the voters at home will go with the more showy pieces. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I would love to see them do Jai Ho, its one of my all time faves from the show. I'd also love to see Beth do Clown. And I'm not sure for Ray because I dont really remember any of his routines that much

This is exactly what I want as well - Jai Ho is Hayley's best routine so she should choose that one. I'm not sure if Beth will be skating to Clown - she was never dressed to skate it for the skate off so she will either skate to Live and Let Die (I think it was) or something from this series, maybe Hey Brother, that was a great routine.

I agree about Ray - all of his routines are great but because of this, they don't seem to stand out as much?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting Jai Ho clip, it was good but a lot arms and not that much skating, but she performs it well!
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps watching Jai Ho again will make the viewers realise how similar/repetitive her routines are...
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    It's another typical Hayley routine. Arm dancing, toe picks, two lifts and four spins. As usual the skating element is minimal.

Yes I agree with you but I loved the routine, thought it was fab and have never forgotten it. !!! AND I agree Hayley relies on Dan much too much in the skating routines.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps watching Jai Ho again will make the viewers realise how similar/repetitive her routines are...

I bet the judges won't mention that on Sunday.
  • dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So have finally watched this dance and I have to say, yes it's just not as exciting as when first viewed because after watching so many more performances since then you see that there really isn't much skating in terms of what so many more of the others can do. (e.g Ray, Chris, Sam, Beth, Suzanne, Jorgie, etc, etc)

So while it' still great in terms of it's performance level, it just left me cold and unsatisfied because there really isn't all that much technical skating from Hayley.
    I could imagine that if Ray and Maria had been lucky enough to get this song it would have been out of this world.

In fact thinking about it, it would have be a great idea if for one of the weeks of the show that the contestants could have created a dance for themselves from one of their competitors previous performances. E.g Ray and Maria to skate to the music of Jai Ho, Hayley and Dan to skate to Riverdance, Beth and Lukasz to skate to Rock around the Clock, etc, etc. Would have been interesting to see what they would have done with each others songs.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jai Ho was good for its time IMO. Everytime I see Hayley in the Jai Ho costume it makes me feel so bored.
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »

In fact thinking about it, it would have be a great idea if for one of the weeks of the show that the contestants could have created a dance for themselves from one of their competitors previous performances. E.g Ray and Maria to skate to the music of Jai Ho, Hayley and Dan to skate to Riverdance, Beth and Lukasz to skate to Rock around the Clock, etc, etc. Would have been interesting to see what they would have done with each others songs.

Hayley did the dance really well, it was entertaining at the time and she deserves credit for a good performance. But I think its so memorable because of the costumes, music and armography used (that hadn't been seen before). To me it was more iconic and therefore memorable for that, rather than it being the best skating performance. As I mentioned earlier, there are plenty xfactor routines that are more memorable than others, but it doesn't mean they were the better performances.

Wondering how they'd perform to each others routines is an interesting thought:)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley couldn't begin to tackle Riverdance :o

She's done so many routines with 'armography' now that Jai Ho will (I think) lose it's impact. She's probably expecting everyone to be blown away again...and for the judges to say they've waited all the series to see it. (Maybe Jason will?).

I think Beth would struggle with Rock Around The Clock too - do we ever see her do toe pick dancing?

An interesting idea though - I'd have loved to see Ray and Maria do Jai Ho, though i can't imagine Hayley and Dan being pleased if they did it better ;-) :blush:
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley couldn't begin to tackle Riverdance :o

She's done so many routines with 'armography' now that Jai Ho will (I think) lose it's impact.

I wonder if the routine will be slightly changed, like Suzanne's Music was this year.