Believe (US PACE)

Anyone watched this yet? Let's just say i'm intrigued and i like the fact that mulan is in this, though it's a shame as it probably means she won't be in OUAT.

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't like the camera work or sound production.
    The girl's powers aren't anything we haven't seen before.

Touch has done this sort of thing before and didn't work, so not sure why this will.
    Although Touch did go wrong with too much running around and shouts of 'JAKE'.

I will use my powers to predict this is a one season show.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I liked this. However it has had 3 showrunners and some have left for 'creative differences' which may mean the same thing as Revolution that people don't know where it is going.

I didn't like the assassin lady as she didn't look confident holding a gun etc and I didn't believe she was a highly trained assassin. Since the pilot the producers have decided to have different assassins chasing the pair every week. If one grabs hold of the audience then they may become series regulars. This seems to me to mean that again they have no faith in the concept and will make it up as they go along. Revolution had to take 3 months hiatus and never recovered. J.J Abrams may be great in cinema but he seems to be jinxed when it comes to TV shows.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually I liked this. However it has had 3 showrunners and some have left for 'creative differences' which may mean the same thing as Revolution that people don't know where it is going.

I didn't like the assassin lady as she didn't look confident holding a gun etc and I didn't believe she was a highly trained assassin. Since the pilot the producers have decided to have different assassins chasing the pair every week. If one grabs hold of the audience then they may become series regulars. This seems to me to mean that again they have no faith in the concept and will make it up as they go along. Revolution had to take 3 months hiatus and never recovered. J.J Abrams may be great in cinema but he seems to be jinxed when it comes to TV shows.

I wouldn't say Jinxed. Alias, Felicity, Lost and Fringe are apart of television history and have huge cult followings. He has had his fair share of flop shows but he has four successful shows to his name. The problem with JJ is he will create a show, stick around for the first season and then take off. He seems to be one of those people who just likes to add his name to something and take all the credit, where it's really the people who take over that deserve the credit and applause but do not get it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    an irrelevant shallow point of view, i do wish the main guy cuts his long hair.
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did have the most incompetent deadly female assassin in TV history.;-)

It did remind of Touch, as someone has said, especially when little girl got off the bus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunni2nice wrote: »
    an irrelevant shallow point of view, i do wish the main guy cuts his long hair.

Actually I thought the same thing. I watched the freestyle events in the Olympics and it seems long scraggy hair is back and 'cool'.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I quite liked it will see where it goes, thought the father thing was a tad obvious surprised they threw it out there in the first ep. Agree the assassin was awful, have to disagree about the hair I quite liked it.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They dropped some pretty huge hints in the opening episode to how this show will pan out - the girl and her reluctant minder travelling around helping people with there problems, like the littlest hobo but with some physchic powers and a vague overarching storyline. Im not really keen on "monster of the week" shows, I like one big story that slowly unravels and there doesnt seem much mystery left in this show after 1 episode.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was truly, truly awful! Somehow it had the look and feel of show, that had already been cancelled years prior and is now being repeated.

Fight scene choreography are worst I've seen in a very long time

And don't get me started on the so called female assassin?! She made me laugh so hard, my stomach is still hurting! :D

Whole thing felt 90's dated, non Believer here.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it :) - Sienna Guillory as the sexy assassin, for the win :D

It's kinda Touch but with a central kid who can talk and is thus more , well more interesting to watch. I spent most of the time when watching Touch just wishing Kiefer would give his son a slap and yell "just say something dammit, and move your arms when you run cos you look weird" in frustration (I think going the muteness route was a baaaaad decision)

And the reveal at the end, well you know the sound you make when you see a bunch of kittens unable to stay awake and falling asleep - well that's the sound I made when we found out he was her, well you know. :)

So if each of the early eps involves them moving from place to place, helping someone along the away, all the time just avoiding the sexy assassin who almost shoots them but keeps hitting a bunch of standbyers (and stabbing a few too), well I'm ok with that. Wonder if she'll be revealed as the gals mommy ?! :eek:

*bystanders. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I loved it :) - Sienna Guillory as the sexy assassin, for the win :D

It's kinda Touch but with a central kid who can talk and is thus more , well more interesting to watch. I spent most of the time when watching Touch just wishing Kiefer would give his son a slap and yell "just say something dammit, and move your arms when you run cos you look weird" in frustration (I think going the muteness route was a baaaaad decision)

And the reveal at the end, well you know the sound you make when you see a bunch of kittens unable to stay awake and falling asleep - well that's the sound I made when we found out he was her, well you know. :)

So if each of the early eps involves them moving from place to place, helping someone along the away, all the time just avoiding the sexy assassin who almost shoots them but keeps hitting a bunch of standbyers (and stabbing a few too), well I'm ok with that. Wonder if she'll be revealed as the gals mommy ?! :eek:

*bystanders. :p

Unlikely as Sienna has been dropped since the pilot was made. I have read they wanted a series of assassins but as others have noted her leg kicks were really bad and she didn't seem to know how to hold a gun. She just didn't have any credibility.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlikely as Sienna has been dropped since the pilot was made. I have read they wanted a series of assassins but as others have noted her leg kicks were really bad and she didn't seem to know how to hold a gun. She just didn't have any credibility.
    nuts. >:( .......... maybe the ptb can go knocking on Summer Glau's door. :p
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    I quite liked it will see where it goes, thought the father thing was a tad obvious surprised they threw it out there in the first ep.

I'm glad they got that out of the way (unlike a certain other show that prolonged the faux suspense of a father reveal). Really it was the only way them hiring Tate made any sense at all. A key difference between this and Touch for me is that Jake was bloody annoying whereas Bo *so far* is likeable.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the flawed assassin, best part of the show. Thought it was really funny when the anti-christ stabbed her in the butt with the needle, and I liked the idea of her as our heroine trying to track down the whinging brat before she takes over the world

Can't see the point of an assassin of the week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get too attached, episode 2's ratings were really bad..
    Forum Member
    Yay he got his hair cut!
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how many episodes this runs for?
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunni2nice wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many episodes this runs for?

It was initially a 13 episode order. I think five were in the can when they lost the second show runner and started re-tooling the scripts. With that in mind I expect they'll at least air the first half a dozen to see if it picks up. After that ?
    Forum Member
    The competitive Sunday Night time slot in America is very competitive so the drop was fairly expected from the Saturday Pilot premiere.

I thought this episode was better than pilot. Nice to see that Skouras may not be a panto villain after all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 2 was RUBBISH!!

Biggest disappointment of the season...

I'll give it one more episode but i expect the ratings to tank even more this week
    Forum Member
    Hmm... most people seem to think ep 2 was an improvement.

I think the series would have a decent chance if it was on a different evening in that time slot.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I'm three episodes in, and I think the show has some potential, though they're going to need to pick up the pace a little more if they want it to continue.

I can predict that Milton will end up losing his life to protect Bo at some point, and Agent Ferrell will join/aid Tate in protecting Bo. She's one of the good guys for sure (quite possibly end up as Believe's version of Prison Breaks Agent Mahone).
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Touch has done this sort of thing before and didn't work, so not sure why this will.

Yes, and Touch at least had a decent sub-plot. Loved where the show was going in its second season, too. Not sure about 'Believe' but will give it a few episodes to perk up.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear

better than the dreadful tomorrow people ..... but once again the stupid hurried way these second level US programs, by throwing almost everything against a wall to see if it sticks ..... almost ruined V by doing this .....

fells like a pilot episode
    maybe should have stayed that way

although i did like the characters, but bloody SLOW DOWN and ESTABLISH a story will ya!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched the first episode last night - wasnt too fussed tbh but will probably watch the second episode just to see if it improves......