Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    Mostly HarmlessMostly Harmless Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    JHB, wearing black probably for the next two hours but what will she being talking about after this event has its crescent, her daughter. Joy.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I wonder if he will qualify for Brinsworth or is he not 'showbiz' enough?

I very much doubt he'd get into Brinsworth.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss Bob Crow saying "Undergrand" :D
  • Options
    dreamsofnursedreamsofnurse Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Lisa Aziz is getting just as shouty as her predecessor.
    Do you think she's been told to 'spice it up a bit' now that they've gone National?

Quite agree. Thought she was such an improvement, but she's changed.

And, also like her predecessor, she has taken to altering the pronunciation of words to Lisa speak.. How many es are there in reeeeeeeeesearch?
  • Options
    BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    I'll miss Bob Crow saying "Undergrand" :D

"Landan andergraahnd".

Very sad news and very sad to hear grown men crying on LBC. It must have been stressful job to be continually arguing the toss. Maybe that contributed to his early death. Just goes to show, don't get all wound up. It ain't worth it.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    From Twitter, I understnd that Andrew Sachs is on with JHB, talking about his new book.

I once had great sympathy with him over the Ross/Brand affair. But that's disappeared, because he's revived his career on the publicity of it, whist whinging to anyone who'll listen about how much it upsets him to remember it (he does nothing but!) and about how much he dislikes his own grand-daughter and refuses to have contact with her ever again.

I bet it's the thing he will mention most, maybe some kind listener will update me later (as I refuse to have Hitler-Brewer on).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Cayce wrote: »
    He's sixty this month. Steve's done nothing but repeat and re-bitch over the likes of Cheryl Cole and Anthea Turner this morning. Apart from that he went on endlessly about the missing aeroplane. He seems lost for material.

Steve won't know what to with himself now that it's been announced Cheryl is coming back to X Factor this year ....
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Peachykeen wrote: »
    Steve won't know what to with himself now that it's been announced Cheryl is coming back to X Factor this year ....

Thank god it's not Kerry Katona doing a come back. He still manages to milk whatever vestiges there are remaining from that one.
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    The last interview Bob Crowe did on LBC, I think, was talking to J H-B. I remembered it because she didn't interrupt and talk all over him for once; quite remarkable! I recall BC remaining steadfast in his beliefs, wouldn't be side tracked yet showed a sense of humour - quite a character all in all. He'll be a great loss to his supporters, not overlooking his family of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hear hear Cayce
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Peachykeen wrote: »

Steve isn't going to let go of Cheryl Cole in the not-too-distant future. Already her brother's drug history has been resurrected yet again, and he loathes the fact she can't sing yet will be on the X Factor panel. Well, Cowell freely admits he can't sing either but that's never stopped him from 'hearing' those who can. Steve must find more material to fasten on or otherwise he's going to become a 'busted flush' however many more times over....
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good show from Ian "Fellas" Collins tonight as usual...always a lively discussion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I very much doubt he'd get into Brinsworth.

He'll get some of the Lady Ratlings to pander to his every whim instead...... Or get Dale, Babs and Scott, Bryn and Annie, the Greengrocer or the bloke from the Chemist. to do it ;-)
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I very much think he'd get into Broadmoor.

:o:o
    .......................................................................................................................................................................................
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    No he isn't, but he may still be having trouble with his new medication. As for the lost plane, he over-indulged himself - tacky! (The relatives of those missing must be beside themselves.)

Most other people will take time off if the medication affects their work, but this is a man who would get bored easily at home. Work is his life it seems.

I think his opinions on the unknown about the aircraft were premature, sometimes you need to shut up, let the experts solve the mystery and present the facts later on.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    He'll get some of the Lady Ratlings to pander to his every whim instead...... Or get Dale, Babs and Scott, Bryn and Annie, the Greengrocer or the bloke from the Chemist. to do it ;-)

Or Noreen.
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saddened to hear about the demise of Bob Crow last night -

On a more cheerful note - here in + 7 GMT land awoke yesterday to a double morning treat of Abbot followed by Steve . Get in the right time zone and the anti socially timed UK broadcast goes prime :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »

sometimes you need to shut up, let the experts solve the mystery and present the facts later on.

Agree

Everyone should pipe down and just wait for the aircraft to be found. The media seems to cream over aircraft crashes .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve isn't going to let go of Cheryl Cole in the not-too-distant future. Already her brother's drug history has been resurrected yet again, and he loathes the fact she can't sing yet will be on the X Factor panel. Well, Cowell freely admits he can't sing either but that's never stopped him from 'hearing' those who can. Steve must find more material to fasten on or otherwise he's going to become a 'busted flush' however many more times over....

There are A listers or non listers - in my book . Taking pot shots at the rather deluded latter makes amusing listening ...and it's not as if it's the only thing he talks about on his show .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ferrari's guest jonathan Shalit ranting on about total rubbish. He's a theatrical agent apparently. Bad choice.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Ferrari's guest jonathan Shalit ranting on about total rubbish. He's a theatrical agent apparently. Bad choice.

Charlotte Church's original manager.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saddened to hear of Bob Crow's death, yesterday - not because of his job profile..... but because of his age ! How dreadful for his family.

I heard J'OB's announcement & checked the internet....there was zero mention.

Mr CC worked with him, many years ago & said he came across as a 'Decent chap.'

LBC will miss him !!

Condolences to his family & friends.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nooooo! Don't mind Andrew Pierce but not Kay Burley! :o

Steve fans will be over the moon!

LBC's Spring Schedule - Weekends
    Saturdays On LBC
    Andrew Pierce
    Ken Livingstone and David Mellor
    Petrie Hosken
    Scores With Ian Payne
    Ian Collins
    22.00 Nick Abbot
    Cristo

Sundays On LBC
    In Conversation With Steve Allen
    Steve Allen On Sunday
    Kay Burley with Stig Abell
    Larry Lamb
    Petrie Hosken
    Clive Bull
    In Conversation With Steve Allen
    Duncan Barkes
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So even more politics!

At least 'In Conversation' will be broadcast at a reasonable hour. Shame I will be watching 'Mr Selfridge' or listening to Dean Martin on Gold at that time!
This discussion has been closed.