Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway New Series Series 11 22/02/2014!

Comments

• Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    ....I do think they need to give Undercover a break - or maybe hire actors to set up the scenario and then come on at the end to reveal the trick.

If I remember correctly the Piers Morgan 'sting' didn't involve Ant & Dec at all and was just Simon Cowell and a couple of other people. That worked better because you weren't sitting there thinking why can't the celebrity see through the disguises even though I do believe that the celebrity in most cases do not realise it's them.

If they could combine Undercover and Get Out of Me Ear where Ant & Dec are giving instructions to someone to set up another person then that could work I think or as you say use actors instead rather than Ant & Dec in prosthetics putting on bad accents.

If I remember rightly when Jeremy Beadle & Noel Edmonds did these sort of things they always used actors for the majority of the set-up and they only revealed themselves towards the end (usually in some sort of disguise where they were wearing a thicker beard than their natural one).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know which I enjoy more: people genuinely believing that they saw every twist in a tv show or movie coming, through a lack of understanding (or awareness) of hindsight bias; or people thinking they have supernatural powers of observation due to a similar blindness to the effects of priming.

This video is a good example http://youtu.be/TvhCThWWy3Q?t=19s listen to it, then scroll down and read RussianNarwhal's 'suggestion' and give it another go. If you haven't heard it before you'd be in a similar position to Holly going about her normal day to day job. People don't go about their day to day lives constantly on edge watching out for the catch, it's how scams work.

In reply to other comments about the show, I do agree that it was a slow episode which seemed to be a little light on material. I much prefer the embarrassing aspect of getting a member of the public onto the stage, rather than last night's efforts; however looking back on it I think that someone in the production office may have thought they were being clever with the Surprise Surprise type thing.

Overall though, and I'm sure many won't agree, I like my Saturday night TV to be easy to watch nonsense, and that's exactly what Saturday Night Takeaway is... if it annoys some of you to such an extent, why oh why do you persist in watching it?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it may seem relatively minor, but I think they need to re-think the main "Win The Ads" competition. In all the years i've watched the show, I don't think anyone has ever elected to keep the prizes they win in the initial part of the quiz.

So why not just accept that and re-jig it slightly ?. It could end up adding a bit of extra drama to the show even.

Come up with a game where you can do something relatively easy to win X amount of prizes but then you have a split second decision to make to carry on to win more. Make sure the person can see the prizes they've won as well to make the decision harder.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Or it could just be that you refuse to believe that anything on tv could "ever" be a lie or a set up ? Perish the thought !

Anyone who believes for one second that Holly did'nt know is simply in denial.

You could provide proof.But I dont think ITV guidelines would allow the deceit. I'm not in denial,Ive presented valid reasons-as have other FMs-you simply are in denial that its reasonably possible.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it may seem relatively minor, but I think they need to re-think the main "Win The Ads" competition. In all the years i've watched the show, I don't think anyone has ever elected to keep the prizes they win in the initial part of the quiz.

So why not just accept that and re-jig it slightly ?. It could end up adding a bit of extra drama to the show even.

Come up with a game where you can do something relatively easy to win X amount of prizes but then you have a split second decision to make to carry on to win more. Make sure the person can see the prizes they've won as well to make the decision harder.

Fresh new ideas are the last thing you'll ever get on this clapped out old tosh.

Ant and Dec have become a very smug pair of 'yes men'(especially McPartlin) and seem happy to take a large fee for fronting any old tired tripe.

Why people are willing to spend over £50 a ticket to see this rubbish on the upcoming stadium tour is just bewildering. :confused:
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the Undercover this week actually, despite normally hating it - I think it's my favourite since the show returned in 2013. I was laughing so much when she said 'no' to that proposal!

The photo booth was also excellent. I hope we see much more of that. It's good they've introduced some new things this series - I think that and the Singalong one have some promise.

The show was a bit light without Little Ant and Dec or Ant V Dec, even though neither are favourites for me. Maybe reintroducing items such as Home Run or What's Next? would give them better breadth across the series?

I think the Ear item and the photo booth type thing should be on every week. The best things of the series so far.

I liked Holly's line about Dec being afraid of Commitments but the end of the show show wasn't as good as it was last year.
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Friends Like These.
  • ricardoyluciaricardoylucia Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Fresh new ideas are the last thing you'll ever get on this clapped out old tosh.

Ant and Dec have become a very smug pair of 'yes men'(especially McPartlin) and seem happy to take a large fee for fronting any old tired tripe.

Why people are willing to spend over £50 a ticket to see this rubbish on the upcoming stadium tour is just bewildering. :confused:

Agreed - it is utter codswallop - just puerile rubbish..
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And how somebody can have 76,000 posts on a tinpot forum is bewildering to me, but different strokes for different folks and all that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And how somebody can have 76,000 posts on a tinpot forum is bewildering to me, but different strokes for different folks and all that.

Very constructive.^_^

There are several people here with over 100,000 posts,perhaps you can share your opinion with them too........
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Where was Ashley Roberts last night? Where was Ant vs Dec? Apart from that, it was a good episode. I have noticed every player this season on win the ads has won everything!
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very constructive.^_^

There are several people here with over 100,000 posts,perhaps you can share your opinion with them too........

Because your complete condescension of people who happen to enjoy the show was constructive?

I simply pointed out that folk get their kicks from different things, and I'm happy to share that with any of your fellow DS obsessives.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was Ashley Roberts last night? Where was Ant vs Dec? Apart from that, it was a good episode. I have noticed every player this season on win the ads has won everything!

They only do Ant V Dec every few episodes, so I suppose she wasn't needed.

Maybe they can borrow the roulette wheel from 'red or black' for the win the ads competition? Spin the wheel and if it lands on red, you win half the prizes, or a quarter of the prizes.

Let them press a 'gamble' button to drop the ball through to a smaller, more difficult wheel to win the rest maybe - but show them what they've already won to make the decision more difficult.
  • Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 418
    Forum Member

So, why watch it then? And if you're not watching it, why are you commenting on it?

Other channels are available, as is the on/off switch.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And of course that doesn't apply to any other (or possibly all) tv presenters does it? :kitty:

Imo, the reason for A&D's success is that it is almost impossible for anyone but the most cynical of viewers to see them as anything other than two very nice blokes, who genuinely love being together as much now as they did back in their Grange Hill days.

Of course they got lucky, but I think that's down to the lovely relationship they so clearly have with each other, which makes them a joy to watch. I don't particularly enjoy the premise of either SNT or IACGMOOH, but I do get huge laughs and pleasure from seeing A&D giggling away with each other like a pair of overgrown schoolboys. :)
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Imo, the reason for A&D's success is that it is almost impossible for anyone but the most cynical of viewers to see them as anything other than two very nice blokes, who genuinely love being together as much now as they did back in their Grange Hill days.
    :)

Don't remember them in Grange Hill:confused:
  • OsakaSunOsakaSun Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member

Think it was Byker Grove :)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oops, meant Byker Grove of course. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twenty10 wrote: »
    So, why watch it then? And if you're not watching it, why are you commenting on it?

Other channels are available, as is the on/off switch.

It's an opinion forum and no I don't watch it or the other threadbare rubbish that they host.^_^
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Of course they got lucky, but I think that's down to the lovely relationship they so clearly have with each other, which makes them a joy to watch. I don't particularly enjoy the premise of either SNT or IACGMOOH, but I do get huge laughs and pleasure from seeing A&D giggling away with each other like a pair of overgrown schoolboys. :)

It's feel good telly for me. When they start the giggling it makes me laugh as well as in the photo booth scenes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    That one where they had to find items in the giant case was crap. First there was a slight delay between them and the studio then the audience/crowd were so loud they couldn't hear what they had to find. So even if it is fixed, better than a game that doesn't work I guess.

I think it's generally a better series this year!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree it would be better to show the contestants what they had already won before gambling the lot. If they had already won a good prize like a car or a holiday, it would be a very difficult decision to gamble and try to win the lot.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the car thing
    The one where they played Drive my car by the Beatles.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an opinion forum and no I don't watch it or the other threadbare rubbish that they host.^_^

I had a similar comment made to me on this thread earlier when I criticised this rubbish , I just wanted to see what all the hype was all about. Trouble is some people on this forum cant take other peoples opinions and don't realise we don't all toe the party line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Like her bouncing up and down is actually connected to anything!

We are not idiots!
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    That one where they had to find items in the giant case was crap. First there was a slight delay between them and the studio then the audience/crowd were so loud they couldn't hear what they had to find. So even if it is fixed, better than a game that doesn't work I guess.

Oh come on.

As a close friend of Otto's, I'm aware he's quite upset about your criticism of his game. He wouldn't allow for any deceptive behaviour to occur when it comes to the complex engineering used to fuel his plane.

Please continue to watch and enjoy without speculation.

Thanks,
    Otto's dear friend x