The Good Wife - Season 5 - More4 Pace *No Spoilers*

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one that thought the Zach/Grace stuff seemed a bit strange. Actually all the Grace stuff is a bit weird as the other Carey (can't spell it sorry) is chatting away to her like she is older but she is what 14? I guess the problem is Makenzie Vega suddenly looks older so Graces isn't matching the way she looks.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    So was Kalinda right, "He did it"....I think he did.

GraceCam [20]....:o - Zach [21] to the rescue.:cool:
    Alicia's Brother was a Pain, when he saw Will at the office - with his speech.
    Great to see Nathan Lane back - to save the day, for free......for now.

And 6 million to find.:cool:

"You guys should get an office" - THEY NEED AN OFFICE!
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Alicia's Brother was a Pain, when he saw Will at the office - with his speech.
    I didn't find Grace / Zack odd (waves at Nihonga! :D) but I did think that Alicia's brother's scenes were a bit of a stretch. Will just happening to bump into him on campus and all that. :confused:

However! I do wonder if Alicia's bro was there just to plant the "Alicia loves you too much to trust herself with you, Will..." into Will's head (a pretty powerful message for any man) and perhaps this will place Will somewhat at odds with Diane - who now hates Alicia for reasons we know - because Will will be unwilling to push the £6m dollar law suit responsibility at Alicia when he will know it is based on the nasty little lawyer's outright lies.

I enjoyed last night's episode. I do like a proper case of the week.
  • cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another good episode - enjoyed seeing Eli all discombobulated about seeing Natalie again, loved his line about the fact that he lies all the time for his job but lying to her made him feel sick :)
    And liked the court case too, the fact it had to sorted in a few hours made it feel pacey. Hope Robyn has secured her job, I like her! (Although don't want her to stay mean and hard forever)
    I was wincing at all Howard Lyman's comments about Mexicans! He seems to be cropping up as more of a liability this season, i'm wondering if it's leading up to him causing LG a huge problem in the future.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Melissa George is really starting to piss me off.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,871
    Forum Member
    cas116 wrote: »
    Another good episode - enjoyed seeing Eli all discombobulated about seeing Natalie again, loved his line about the fact that he lies all the time for his job but lying to her made him feel sick :)
    And liked the court case too, the fact it had to sorted in a few hours made it feel pacey. Hope Robyn has secured her job, I like her! (Although don't want her to stay mean and hard forever)
    I was wincing at all Howard Lyman's comments about Mexicans! He seems to be cropping up as more of a liability this season, i'm wondering if it's leading up to him causing LG a huge problem in the future.

I may have missed confirmation of the fact, but are we to take it Howard's greeting to the black guy, when Natalie came back into LG, sealed their fate and Natalie is definitely sticking with Florick Agos now?

I loved the punchy Robyn. Although Cary reassured her at the end, I hope the other Carey doesn't push for her to be let go still, despite her success on the case. I've a feeling he will as he is clearly worried about staff costs and characters being forced to let each other down seems to be a recurring theme on the show.

Agree this was a terrific episode again. I usually record The Good Wife and Suits, both on at the same time at the moment, and tend to be more excited to watch Suits first but the last few weeks, I've been in a hurry to watch TGW first instead.
  • cas116cas116 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKFE wrote: »
    I may have missed confirmation of the fact, but are we to take it Howard's greeting to the black guy, when Natalie came back into LG, sealed their fate and Natalie is definitely sticking with Florick Agos now?

Oh blimey, i'd forgotten about that greeting - so awkward! I don't remember any confirmation either but I would guess she will stay with Florick Argos.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,871
    Forum Member
    cas116 wrote: »
    Oh blimey, i'd forgotten about that greeting - so awkward! I don't remember any confirmation either but I would guess she will stay with Florick Argos.

Yes, I think we can assume that - and then Natalie received the good news about Tomás being refused entry to Mexico and therefore being turned back, so she would soon then have realised Florrick Agos were good at their job.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

God me too!

We're used to seeing attorneys in TGW with their little quirks and foibles, but a character popping up everywhere constantly being on the verge of vomiting doesn't float my boat.

I was relieved when we found out she was pregnant as that meant no predictable affair with Peter. However after last night's little moment between them I think he's going to shag her anyway.

As to Natalie's boss going with 'LG' I think that's now off the cards after Howard's homeboy routine. However I didn't get the impression Florrick Argos would be getting the client either.

I don't know why Will and Diane are letting Howard interact with clients anyway, he's a liability and was only bought back to the firm so Will and Diane could win a partner's vote a few series back.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually found that episode a bit dull. The worst so far of this series, for me.

It's Melissa George's whispery voice that annoys me. Maybe that's the only way she can do an accent other than Australian. She was the same in "Hunted" trying to do an English accent.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    America Ferrera .... WOW

What a transformation, I thought she looked fantastic, didn't recognise her at first.

Ugly Betty she ain't no more.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually found that episode a bit dull. The worst so far of this series, for me.

It's Melissa George's whispery voice that annoys me. Maybe that's the only way she can do an accent other than Australian. She was the same in "Hunted" trying to do an English accent.

It was a tad dull, wasn't it? Still, a dull TGW is better than most TV on Thurs.

I join those who are finding Mitch (or whatever her proper name is) a bit annoying now. Don't know if it is to do with her constantly bringing up her nausea, her whispery voice (she doesn't seem to know what accent to adopt, something I've only noticed last night) or having the need to be polite and excuse her bouts of nausea again and again. Anyway, there is something about her that doesn't resonate all that well with me at all. Then again that's what I felt about Robyn until she did an about turn in her character yesterday.

One thing I agree with Robyn about is that she isn't Kalinda. I'm not sure Kalinda would have gone as far as she did to 1) get Tomas back to the US, and 2) save her job. I don't think for instance that Kalinda would post a gangster-marked bullet to the her client's wife. What I mean is that I don't think she would use her client in that way. Anyway, it clearly didn't sit well with Robyn if her last conversation with Cary and the look on her face is anything to go by. Now I'm not sure what to make of her. I feel that if she has to resort to the kind of tactics she think Kalinda resorts to in order to get results, she may find she bites off more than she can handle:(

Isabel, Will's bit on the side, is yet another character I find irritating. On the one hand, playing all 'too cool for school' as far as her relatsionship with Will is concerned; the other getting all slightly paranoid that Will's head and heart is stuck on another woman. Do make up your mind, dear.

Please, Will or Diane or David, get rid of Howard or stick him in a place where he would do the least damage, preferable away from women, black people and Hispanics.

Star of the episode was definely Eli:). Between him and his scenes with Natalie, the show just held my interest. Natalie is such lovely lady, I don't blame him for being bowled over. And what a sweet, delightful couple they make. Brings out yet another dimension to Eli's character that I find charming and mesmerising. It's good to see that there is finally someone he can't bring himself to lie to, try to manipulate or can't be completely honest with. Alan Cumming plays him so well.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Eli centred episode with the return of Natalie - loved it....but again, not much Kalinda.:(
    Robyn saving her Job was fun, as was Howard, and his un-PC ways.

Liked the Warehouse too.

And more Tattoo Girl please.;-)
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eli centred episode with the return of Natalie - loved it....but again, not much Kalinda.:(

Liked the Warehouse too.

his love interest

Thought it was a middling episode , best bit was Eli & his love interest . Have been watching a few old clips on youtube , had forgotten about the " In My Opinion " judge , also watched a few scenes with Elsbeth Tasconi .

In My Opinion , Judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GbxFLA62Bc
  • gladysbachgladysbach Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    What the devil does Alicia see in Will. A plonker and to be superficial -no oil painting!:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Nobody is good enough for Alicia.
    Certainly not the chap she's married to, though he was a babe magnet in Sex and the City too.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Liked the Warehouse too.

That tattoo is terrible, it's like she's had the sleeve of an aran jumper tattooed on her arm.:D
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

Liked the Warehouse too.

Tattoo girl is awful, the type that is too cool for school then turns into a stalking nutter when she perceives she is being treated badly, watch this space..........
    I love the warehouse, when it's done up it will look really funky/comtemporary and on the ball unlike the manicured, sterile LG offices with the Stepford staff.
    I know who I would rather employ, Florick Argos look like they'd be fun and fresh to work with ( so long as they can do the job of course)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

I'm pretty sure Eli was right on the money when he called Marilyn out on her nausea being conveniently timed...
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This! Drives me mad! I hope she goes away soon.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pout and the whispery voice seem to be her only acting attributes. I went completely off Melissa George after her performance in The Slap, which placed images in my mind that are still there to this day (breastfeeding her 6 year old son on demand in public. Yuk!) :kitty:
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Eli was right on the money when he called Marilyn out on her nausea being conveniently timed...

Yes, for some reason I was actually wondering if she was really pregnant in this episode ... although it would be very unethical of her to lie!

I thought this was a little gem of an episode, lots of humour, lots of characters ... good to see a bit of Kalinda, Peter and Eli for eg ... like the new offices, liked the case, liked Robyn, liked all the various court offices ... all in all it was pacey and fun ... only thing was I wasn´t sure if Natalie was going to still go with LG even after FlorrickArgos came through, but I guess she´s too nice for that!
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope they ditch the "LG" re-branding. The first thing that comes to my head is a LG television, not an Illnois law firm:(
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    I really hope they ditch the "LG" re-branding. The first thing that comes to my head is a LG television, not an Illnois law firm:(

I get the feeling that "LG" is here to stay, can't say I'm mad about it either.

Initially I loved the idea of two firms but now I'm not so sure. If it's week after week of them just trying to out do each other it could get very tired, very quickly. And I sort of miss the Alicia/Will and Alicia/Diane scenes. I also don't like any of the associates that have gone with Alicia and Cary, the other Carey being particularly unlikeable imo.

I find Howard's faux pas funny but enough already. I wish we had had at least one year of Alicia as a named partner and Diane as a Judge before they did the split.
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted