Humax PVR9000T up the spout?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
Hi guys&gals,

I got a Humax about 2 days ago after going through two DigiFusion boxes in 2 years :(. Anyway I was hoping locks ups were a thing of the past ... apparently not :(

I've tried searching through the forum but can't find anything similar to the problem I've had, hence this post. Anyway the problem is.
  1. Turn on box
  2. Box boots, showing software loading (version a4.07)
  3. 4 dashes appear on unit LCD
  4. Unit LCD then says STING
  5. TV picture goes blank
  6. Just stays there, doesn't respond to remote or buttons on box

I don't know what channel it was tuned to as I just tried to switch from out of standby from last nights viewing :(

I have uploaded some piccies and MP3s the previous evening if this helps. However the MP3s won't play and their track duration only shows in a few seconds. Dunno if this is related or not (I'm going to try deleting them later if I can to see if this helps).

Other than that I've done nothing dodgy other than have a play and make a few recordings (haven't downloaded any new firmware or anything like that). Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chitty.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see anything either on the threads but I do remember Humax saying something about a problem they were aware of that could couse the box to not start up properly. Apparantly it only affects a small percentage of machines - hense why there isnt much info here. Would be wort going through Humax about it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

I've sent an e-mail to Humax, but seeing as they have no weekend support number, I guess I won't get anything back until next week :(

Still haven't got around to taking the MP3s off so I'll try that tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Franz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well. With the MP3s try formatting the MP3 partition within elinker to start over.
  • bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chitty wrote:
    Hi and thanks for the reply.

I've sent an e-mail to Humax, but seeing as they have no weekend support number, I guess I won't get anything back until next week :(

Still haven't got around to taking the MP3s off so I'll try that tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Franz.
    You will be VERY lucky if you get a reply to your email!Humax appear to have forgot how to answer them.Better off trying the dog & bone. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    bampsam wrote:
    You will be VERY lucky if you get a reply to your email!Humax appear to have forgot how to answer them.Better off trying the dog & bone. ;)
    I hate using the phone, that's what the net was invented for wasn't it? :)

Anyway tried connecting using eLinker, not having any of it :mad: