EastEnders - The REALLY BIG Lucy Beale Discussion Thread (Merged)

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't feel too sure, the story is going to run til Feb '15
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Well, I really didn't see that coming.......

That's what happens when you blink
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion it's just you, but in context it's tragic for a 20 year old girl to die
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't hide from the Mods with your tricky thread title... ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apparently so, so let's go with it
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,680
    Forum Member
    I wonder where Ian was when Denise went to bed?
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wonder where Lucy's long absent half brother Steven is. he could have secretly returned and done it.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not going to be Nick or Steven, the killer is AMONGST them! A random returnee would be stupid.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder where Ian was when Denise went to bed?

Probably at Masood's. Telling Jane how much he has messed up with his kids.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not going to be Nick or Steven, the killer is AMONGST them! A random returnee would be stupid.

He could be amongst them. Just not visible. ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Did anyone kill her though ? as she fell and hit her head other day
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »

Keyser Soze??? :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Unless someone has hit/slapped/pushed her and caused a pre-existing injury to clot/haemorrhage.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

True but that would be too easy and too much like Emmerdale's Gemma death storyline. I'll be disappointed if it was that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »

That would be very contrived and ruin the whole plot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    Right, having now seen the episode... I'm still sticking with this theory. Sure, the smaller details of mine are unlikely to come up, but as for a collective plot, I think this is how it'll play out.

When Lucy received a text towards the end of the episode, I'm confident it was the, as explained in my original post, friend/relative posing as a potential buyer. Significantly, Lucy did mention the flats to Lauren tonight, and I'm guessing that she took it as her own duty to deal with the buyer.

While journeying to the flats, an intoxicated Jake pulls Lucy over for a conversation. Obsessively trying to lure Lucy to bed, the pair end up in a blazing row; a row that ultimately leaves Lucy lying on the floor with a further head injury.

From here on in, the plot I explained in the opening post would commence. Fearing failure, Lucy takes cocaine. Depressed, Lucy jumps off the flat balcony without really understanding the precautions of this action. A sobered up Jake runs to the flats, wanting to make sure he didn't hurt her too much. He sees Lucy lying on the ground dead with bleeding from the brain. He immediately thinks he's responsible. Panicked, Jake picks up the body and dumps it in the woods. He takes her bag to stage a mugging gone wrong.

Ostensibly, the main guilt would be shovelled to the 'mystery buyer' and the drug supplier. They'll be the ones directly responsible for the death, while characters like Max and Ian (caused stress, depression = suicidal thoughts) will be indirectly responsible. As for who will be charged? Jake. He'll be charged for the murder, and won't be released from prison. Technically, the 'buyer' couldn't be legally charged with murder, nor could the drug supplier - Whereas Jake can be. He's the person who physically dumps a dead body, which in the eyes of the police, will make him irrefutably guilty.

We'll see what happens... But I'm sure her death isn't a murder. It's a suicide that places guilt on all characters. If I was the EP, I think I'd go with this plot. It's unexpected (to some), it's interesting, it's complex and it's different. It's not been done before in a soap, so it'd be something really rather gripping.

I think similar re suicide and collective guilt. Everyone's wrapped up in their own problems so don't help a vulnerable young woman. I'd rather that then a 'clever' implausible whodunit like Archie.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Hi, I am now pretty sure that we will see what happened to Lucy via flashbacks because a while back, pictures of Hetti's final scenes were released. Here's the full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2588724/Hetti-Bywater-films-final-scenes-EastEnders-Lucy-Beale-10-month-whodunit.html

I'm fairly certain that the pictures in these articles haven't been aired yet, correct me if I'm wrong...

Its at the flats she may have gone back at night we've not seen any night scenes yet, or the photos were taken after filming and they were packing up, It was filmed in Jan/Feb so dark early!

All the Thread mergers make for a very confusing thread>:(
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ste_Murray wrote: »
    Am I the only one that used to hate Lucy but this past week actually felt sorry for her and really sad after tonights episodes seeing her lying there in the woods just as she was trying to get her life back on track?

I felt the same too, I used to hate Lucy but when she was confronted by Ian about using cocaine & when she said that it was to blot out the insensitive comments Ian makes, I sympathised with her then. Then in the woods when there were 3 voicemails & I was watching the screen with the camera slowly passing the branches & then it falls on a dead Lucy lying face down. That really creeped me out, especially still having the phone grasped in her hand. One minute she was in Bridge Street the next she's lying face down in the woods. :eek:
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted this theory in the other thread but I'll post it in here as well.

I still think it was Abi, but I'm open to other possibilities. One theory I have is Masood killing Lucy in order to act the hero and comfort Jane, we saw in the episode he doesn't think Jane should care for Ian's kids and even ignored Lucy when he saw her drop all of her sheets in the Square, even though he know Jane was looking for her.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    I felt the same too, I used to hate Lucy but when she was confronted by Ian about using cocaine & when she said that it was to blot out the insensitive comments Ian makes, I sympathised with her then. Then in the woods when there were 3 voicemails & I was watching the screen with the camera slowly passing the branches & then it falls on a dead Lucy lying face down. That really creeped me out, especially still having the phone grasped in her hand. One minute she was in Bridge Street the next she's lying face down in the woods. :eek:

Her phones White its not seen in her hand, I Checked :)
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    That's what happens when you blink

Or drink.

As I was last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »

Yes, great writing. Parent/child relationships. Great source of drama.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    My theory is that Lucy killed herself and several characters, including one other person(who will be revealed on the anniversary) contributed to her death. The other person is the last person to see Lucy alive, sees her dying or finds her dead in the flats (Hetti was seen filming there at night time). The person feels responsible, maybe they panic, so they move her body to the Common.

Many characters have a reason to feel guilty or responsible for Lucy's death

Ian
    Max
    Lee (maybe)
    Lauren
    Jake (possibly)
    The person who supplied her with drugs (this could be linked with Jake somehow?)
    Cindy
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was probably going to score. Arranged to meet said dealer at flats it'll be someone she knows on the square unlikely. She takes the coke too pure for what she is used to massive heart attack bam done finished. Dealer is in the shit.
  • johnny_dolejohnny_dole Posts: 2,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    these theories are great, guys! really juicy stuff

and what the hell was with that jake stare?

im gonna watch every characters reactions in the next few months
This discussion has been closed.