David Moyes to be sacked as Man Utd manager

Comments

• Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I agree that some of the "senior" players have let Moyes down but as I say there is a lack of direction in style and distinction of performance. United have been too one paced and Moyes has not inspired any sort of change or improvement.

Not just the senior players. I don't think I can ever remember a player being ironically cheered for managing a five yard pass like Fellani was during the CL match. Sure, he was never worth 28 mill, but if any player actually wanted to play for Moyes it should have been him.

Also, I hope every single one of those players who sulked like spoilt biatches is kicked out in the summer. Vidic and Evra are both defensively past it, but they tried. Others just let their heads drop and shuffled about with body language so bad they should have been pixellated out.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    The only thing that's delaying things is they are waiting for SAF to mount his white charger.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grauniad wrote: »
    The only thing that's delaying things is they are waiting for SAF to mount his white charger.

If that happens it will be Busby and McGuinness all over again.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only disappointment will be coming from United fans who think they are getting Jurgen Klopp :D

I think it would be a massive shock if we appointed him as our new manager, as everything coming from him and Dortmund is that they are on the same page, he has a contract until 2018, and he wants to remain there until at least then.

So, I am under no illusions about that.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    If that happens it will be Busby and McGuinness all over again.

Yes, which is why I cannot see that particular event happening, as Sir Alex has spoken before of not wanting to repeat that aspect of our history.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Fergie won't be back as manager and that is a good thing, yes he is the greatest manager of all time but what message would it send out, especially if it was long term. Also appointing a 72 year old man is hardly planning for the future.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    The Neymar signing was dogey as heck

Much gamble
    Very mistake
    Such pedantry
    Wow
    You can keep Pardew; I don't want him headbutting any of our players when he gets the hump with them!!!:D

Pardew as manager with Eric Cantona as the assistant (at any club) would be some combo. No one would challenge their authority. Could get Souness to help out, too. At least there'd be some variation to the injuries instead of the same old fatigue related ones. :p
    occy wrote: »
    Under performing and professional players who are not working with the club and manager. In a normal work place - pull your socks up what's going on - there's the door if you don't like it.

In a normal work place you'd probably get arrested for slide-tackling someone, for fly-kicking someone or casually taking a bite out of someone.

Football is not a normal work place. Every day life should never be used in comparison to professional football.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    United are supposed to be the biggest club n the world and if they cant attract the best coach then what hope is there. For me as a said before klopp is the ideal candidate hes got the best out of the players at Dortmond and really put them back on the map. But then again i have also been impressed with Carlo Ancholotti at Real Madrid his first season in charge and hes already won 1 trophy and still in the hunt for 2 others. His record to is nothng short of brilliant, Won titles in Italy,France, England, and possibly spain too. So for me its bewteen Ancholotti and klopp. With all due respect to Dortmund to they are not a bigger club than Manchester United they may have a better team but thats all and great fans too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I'll be absolutely devastated if Moyes does get the sack but it now seems inevitable. :cry:
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be absolutely devastated if Moyes does get the sack

This day just gets better and better then.
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    I just hope they've put Moyes out of his misery even if they haven't revealed it to the press yet. How long does it take to inform the stock market that they've sacked a manager??? I don't quite understand how it works. :blush:

It doesn't take long to actually put the announcement itself out - draft it, save it, hit send, it goes down the wire and hits computer screens. As soon as it is released it is available, if during the market's opening hours. But it will need to be approved in advance by the board, the club's lawyers and advisers, and apparently, as read on Twitter so could be true or not (I don't know NYSE Rules) there is a timing imperative that means it should go out between close of business NY time today and their opening tomorrow.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Fergie won't be back as manager and that is a good thing, yes he is the greatest manager of all time but what message would it send out, especially if it was long term. Also appointing a 72 year old man is hardly planning for the future.
    Exactly. Would be brainless of him to make another u-turn.

The squad he left was underdeveloped, but it's staggering that he managed to squeeze a few league titles out of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    All I can hope is that whoever takes over is a top class manager with a large amount of money to strengthen the squad.

He also needs to take over straight away so that he can start getting in the players he needs.

One of the biggest problems that Moyes did not officially take over until June/July last year. This is what cased the problems in getting in new players.

So as far as I am concerned it should not be anyone who will not be available until after the World Cup.

If they do I can see another wasted season coming.
  • Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    I am wondering what about Laurent Blanc.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I for one don't feel sorry for Moyes - I envy him.

His pay off for doing a rubbish job given his six year contract will probably be several times what most posters on here earn in a lifetime!
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    What are they going to do with the banner? Stick un in front of chosen? Or scrub the picture of Moyes and replace it with the next manager?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    What are they going to do with the banner? Stick un in front of chosen? Or scrub the picture of Moyes and replace it with the next manager?

Give it to Moyes as a memento?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sell it on ebay to pay for the comp package
  • odz1odz1 Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Leeds under Cellino will make him manager next season if he does get the sack once we get rid of egg head.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's apparently turned up to training.

Too much pressure on him too fill Ferguson's boots. The spot light was on him and wasn't given any breathing space. Ferguson's won't have a say in the club no more now.

As l always say - ' The manager don't kick the ball around on match days, the players should group together and help the place that feeds the mouth' They are experienced enough too do that.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    odz1 wrote: »
    I reckon Leeds under Cellino will make him manager next season if he does get the sack once we get rid of egg head.

Leeds would be a good choice for him actually.

I do think his next job will be abroad though. If he takes another job in this country, the media spotlight will be intense and he might not want the hassle.

I think he'll go abroad and try to re-establish his reputation. It worked, to an extent, with Steve McClaren so i'm sure it'll work with him.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Ferguson will have any input into the choice of replacement. Or even if he'll want to.
  • Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SSN saying it's official now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's gone