Comments

• Dan 54Dan 54 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They Live.
    Not sure it would work though.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Noooo Even Peter Benchley said the film was better than the book, after the publishers made him add a whole section on the affair and such.

The trouble is because the shark was so crap, Spielberg had to use other methods to create suspense and drama ie the music and just fleeting glances of the shark. A modern film would just use CGI.

....and be worse off for it.

I'd remake Network and loosely base it on a Fox News presenter.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^ Most definitely, Jaws ranks in my top 10 all time films
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The golden compass
    The beach
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo Even Peter Benchley said the film was better than the book, after the publishers made him add a whole section on the affair and such.

The trouble is because the shark was so crap, Spielberg had to use other methods to create suspense and drama ie the music and just fleeting glances of the shark. A modern film would just use CGI.

And...The original film would still be there, no need for you to go and watch a new adaption. Films aren't precious everything can be newly adapted or remade.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a remake of any film made by Piers Brosnan, it might possibly make it watchable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thunderbirds (2004 film), which is an insult to the orginal series...>:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Dan 54 wrote: »
    They Live.
    Not sure it would work though.

that would be awesome,love that film
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Where Eagles Dare.....would make a great action movie.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Alas, thick-ear wartime adventure isn't quite the staple it used to be. The genre had pretty much ran its course by the late seventies.

'Eagles, Von Ryan's Express, Kelly's Heroes etc. Bank Holiday classics they might be, but we'll probably never see the likes of them again, sadly.

As for remakes or whatever, can we have a version of War of the Worlds that keeps its olde englishe setting please. And try not to spunk it up the wall this time as well.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of suggestions I love here :).

Dune - yes, not because I hate the Lynch version (I love it, and like it better than the miniseries for atmosphere and design).

They Live - def good idea, but only if they keep the satire and socio-political subtext and not just make it into another boring CGI alien conspiracy fest. Ditto Westworld.

Forbidden Planet - the original's a classic, but would love to see a modern Cameron-esque take.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - please! Something closer to original graphic novels. Perhaps would also double as JC's WoTW remake?

The Ten Commandments - in the wake of Noah, kinda surprised no-one's ever redone this (as live action).
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really into the book The Bridges of Madison County and had many a discussion with others who had read it as to who we thought should be in the film. I was so disappointed when Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep were chosen and, although they were good (Eastwood especially surprised me), I always thought the roles should have gone to two unknowns.

I've never, yet, been able to come up with two people I think should have been in the film, but I just know that I never felt Streep and Eastwood were right.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would like to see the Third Man remade. I would find the film noir element fascinating.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »

Not sure if serious...
    rfonzo wrote: »
    i would like to see the Third Man remade. I would find the film noir element fascinating.

Aaargh! I feel a compelling urge to beat some sense into you with a cuckoo clock.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Rawhead Rex". Clive Barker's monster deserves far better than he gets in the existing version. Rawhead needs a better script, cast, director and a monster that looks more like the one described in the short story rather than someone who got lost on the way to a fancy dress party.
  • metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matrix Revolutions .

I love the first 2 (yes , I think Reloaded is an amazing film ) .

I couldn't believe Revolutions was such a load of trite cliches and ugly action scenes .

the great thing about the first 2 is that the story pulls the rug on us , changes the game etc.

Revolutions was just a lot of ugly machinery firing millions of bullets and punch-ups , while the main characters are reduced to supporting cast !

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Home Alone.

I'd make it so that Joe Pesci got hold of Macauley Culkin and absolutely beat the **** out of him.
  • BarnacleHead12BarnacleHead12 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I'd remake A Night To Remember. And it would kick the s**t out of James Cameron's Titanic because it wouldn't put some infantile, clichéd romance at the centre of things.
  • DeepBlueTwoDeepBlueTwo Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see a new version of The Satan Bug, but most definitely done along the same lines as the original (which is still excellent IMO).

Yes to Forbidden Planet above too - although when they re-did The Day The Earth Stood Still, it was/is a pants film in every way IMO.