Options

Carey Releasing a Bey Style Digital Album

NScotNScot Posts: 193
Forum Member
On the cover of Billboard Mag, Mariah talks about her new album release and going to be digital only for a week or two.

Can't see this selling or even coming close to Beyoncé sales or even chart runs.

Comments

• Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true I think it will be so she can get the music out there with all the delays im guessing the label aren't interested in releasing it which means they know the stuff on it won't sell
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's doing it for the Beyonce impact, didn't apple themselves say they're working from that to try and get iTunes to have a lot of album's as 'exclusives' for their first few weeks of release?

It'd be good if they could make all the tracks album only though as not to reduce album sales even further... otherwise I could see it really backfiring.
  • Options
    NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    If this is true I think it will be so she can get the music out there with all the delays im guessing the label aren't interested in releasing it which means they know the stuff on it won't sell

It is true, there are news stories about it all over the place.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a566812/mariah-carey-to-surprise-fans-with-all-at-once-new-album-release.html#~oCsrxYnuuOYxOl
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital release for a few weeks? So I either wait for the cd or buy it twice..
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not doing a Beyonce because Beyonce's release was a secret, it's just an all-in-one digital release.