Hollyoaks character revealed as transgender in new storyline

RainRain Posts: 9,688
Forum Member

Comments

• Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Its a very interesting background to give her, and did not see it coming!
  • mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    I actually think this is fantastic for Hollyoaks. This is a serious issue that isn't addressed nearly enough in television. The fact that she has already transitioned or is transitioning into a woman means they can follow through with theis storyline in a way they never could with Jason Costello
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sound very good. Can't wait to watch it play out. I'm really looking forward to Dennis finding out, I wonder if this ties on with his exit.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow :o wasn't expecting that to be her secret, sounds like an interesting and great the Tony is involved.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow this sounds brilliant. I really like Blessing so it will be good to see her in a big storyline
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow certainly didn't see that coming! :O

Bryan Kirkwood really is pulling out all the stops recently with a Who-Dunnit, Abuse storyline, Tony's Cancer, Explosion in the flats, Ste and Pauline/Ste's upcoming drug storyline, Perry's Tumour, Infant death, Nancy's painkiler addiction, an upcoming storyline for Darren (whatever it will be), Brownings Murder, Killing off Clare, Rape storyline and now a transgender storyline and the list goes on
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay., I did NOT see this coming at all and usually I can second guess Hollyoaks storylines.

Intriguing.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bryan Kirkwood really is pulling out all the stops recently with a Who-Dunnit, Abuse storyline, Tony's Cancer, Explosion in the flats, Ste and Pauline/Ste's upcoming drug storyline, Perry's Tumour, Infant death, Nancy's painkiler addiction, an upcoming storyline for Darren (whatever it will be), Brownings Murder, Killing off Clare, Rape storyline and now a transgender storyline and the list goes on

Also Jason's body dysmorphia sl, I personally think BK has done a good job, I'm very interested about this sl.
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Why Cant the Reveal Be Dennis or Dodger Running out of the boat house scream shes a bloke cue the credits:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone saw this coming

I hope they do this justice and it isn't used for comedic effect, without losing the humour aspect of the character
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Nice to see Birkwood actually crediting where he got this one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Why Cant the Reveal Be Dennis or Dodger Running out of the boat house scream shes a bloke cue the credits:D

lol:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imagine if it was revealed that Dodger (Danny Mac) was in fact transgender, born as a woman and then changing gender??!!!?

Could work, right? Or would female fans go up in arms with that storyline?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds totally OTT and ridiculous and I don't have much faith in BK to handle it sensitively BUT it could be interesting, Hayley Cropper is an example of a transgender character who was a great character in her own right beyond the label
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised :D. I've always found something off about her femininity. All a bit artificial. Maybe it's just me lol.
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've done the first stage with Jason and now they are showing the after affects of the operation which they couldn't do with Jason unless they replaced the actress so it was a good idea creating a new character whose transgender
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imagine if it was revealed that Dodger (Danny Mac) was in fact transgender, born as a woman and then changing gender??!!!?

Could work, right? Or would female fans go up in arms with that storyline?

Well that wouldn't be possible seeing as he got Maxine pregnant
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! Didn't see this coming at all.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad it wasn't something to do with gangsters or a secret family or she's on the run and it's actual so which sounds very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't see this coming but I'm worried it will be spun for drama sake and be made a mockery out of.

Hollyoaks has all these great ideas: The rape, Maxine's abuse, Sienna and her mental illness and now this story but the execution is always very poor. Please prove me wrong Kirkwood!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lol or getting drunk and having a heart to heart with Dennis and confessing that her name is really Tyson lol
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redrose89 wrote: »
    Didn't see this coming but I'm worried it will be spun for drama sake and be made a mockery out of.

Hollyoaks has all these great ideas: The rape, Maxine's abuse, Sienna and her mental illness and now this story but the execution is always very poor. Please prove me wrong Kirkwood!

I fully agree with you, lets hope he can prove us wrong.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    He's just ticking boxes, isn't he? It's all very cynical.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

isnt he just!

Shame the ONLY SL he is actually writing scripts for is Frasers murder :p;-):blush: he needs to remember he has others just blowing in the breeze :)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like a good storyline but I don't have faith in BK at all after the mess he created of the male rape.