Query on packaging of new Humax

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
Forum Member
My new 9200t arrived today. I was dissapointed to see that the clear front plastic panel had some small scratches. I am wondering if this unit is a previously sold item which has been returned. Can anyone tell me if the 9200t normally ships with protective film on the front plastic panel?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There should be some clear film over it

I have just checked mine, didnt realsize it was there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Mine had a piece of paper inside pointing out the fact that the front panel had a clear film covering which should be removed.
    :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I got mine a few weeks ago from Currys online and I'm pretty sure there was no protective film. Took me ages to work out how to open the flap covering the card slot though!!

Edit: having seen the replies that got in just before mine, I guess I'd better check for film!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    When I first got mine I was disappointed to discover my front panel was scratched - until I realised it was the removable film that was scratched. It was difficult to tell there was any film on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone.
    I have just checked it again and there is a protective film strip in place. It has obviously done its job as the blemishes are on the film. Its a shame that the units don't all ship with advice about the protective strip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to leave the films in place until they get so they notice or are peeling off; then remove them - gives a new lease of life........ ;)

What does anally retentive mean?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I tend to leave the films in place until they get so they notice or are peeling off; then remove them - gives a new lease of life........ ;)

What does anally retentive mean?

I'm not the only one then!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Do you also leave plastic seat covers on cars? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't be silly, coz you slide forward when you hit the breakes.

.........some people :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    We have film! Guess I'm going to leave it on, as I didnt' know it was there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Unicorn77 wrote:
    I got mine a few weeks ago from Currys online and I'm pretty sure there was no protective film. Took me ages to work out how to open the flap covering the card slot though!!
    How do you open the flap covering the card slot?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Jay B wrote:
    How do you open the flap covering the card slot?

The entire right half of the unit's front will pull down. Just hook your finger round the right side of the unit and pull.

I was also unaware I still had protective coverings on my unit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Klopek wrote:
    The entire right half of the unit's front will pull down. Just hook your finger round the right side of the unit and pull.
    Oh yes, so it does. Thanks.
  • geebee.ukgeebee.uk Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Don't be silly, coz you slide forward when you hit the breakes.

.........some people :yawn:

LOL, I had a car with leather seats that really tightened up your stomach muscles :)