FAO DS Forum Support

Comments

• kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Only if you belong to the clique, it's as bad as the threads it knocked, in it's own way now.

It is definitely not a clique, we have many new posters joining all the time, you just need a sense of humour and irony, with a degree in perving, we are equal opportunity pervers, sportsmen, guitar heroes you name it.

It could always be renamed - The Drunken Bitter Bitches, Jellus Hatas and Joyless Dance Purists.
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Only if you belong to the clique, it's as bad as the threads it knocked, in it's own way now.

I only started posting there 2 weeks ago. In that time i've seen many other new posters pop in to 'unappreciate' something
    Forum Member
    kassieq wrote: »
    It is definitely not a clique, we have many new posters joining all the time, you just need a sense of humour and irony, with a degree in perving, we are equal opportunity pervers, sportsmen, guitar heroes you name it.

It could always be renamed - The Drunken Bitter Bitches, Jellus Hatas and Joyless Dance Purists.

Dahnce Purists dahling :D
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I don't know. I have only just come back to it, and am certainly not in any clique, and seems perfectly fine to me. So long as one doesn't come over all appreciative.

I know the majority are not, (I've been here long enough), but there are a faction that sit in there picking up on posters/threads who don't follow their party line and egg each other on, descend on threads, then go back and slap each other on the back.

It's not a nice trait and is as bad as some of the Appreciation thread behaviour that they so abhorred.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    I only started posting there 2 weeks ago. In that time i've seen many other new posters pop in to 'unappreciate' something

Indeed there are new people joining in all the time, that wouldn't happen if the thread was moved to the appreciation sub-forum.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know the majority are not, (I've been here long enough), but there are a faction that sit in there picking up on posters/threads who don't follow their party line and egg each other on, descend on threads, then go back and slap each other on the back.

It's not a nice trait and is as bad as some of the Appreciation thread behaviour that they so abhorred.

I dunno, you seem to be out on your own here dome. I know it's hard not be be madly popular, but we can't help it - people love us :D We've been one of the top threads for, oh about 3 years.

I guess it's the humour, the wit and the ability to allow others to have an opinion - always.
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    I dunno, you seem to be out on your own here dome. I know it's hard not be be madly popular, but we can't help it - people love us :D We've been one of the top threads for, oh about 3 years.

I guess it's the humour, the wit and the ability to allow others to have an opinion - always.

I was there when it first started I'm perfectly aware of why and how it started.

You see maybe that is it, I'm not a sheep I'm an individual with my own opinions.

You are welcome to sit in your comfy thread but it's rather rich complaining about other posters threads while you do. Let the rest of them start whatever threads they like and leave them be.

Or else start some other threads of your own.

I personally like to see and read different threads, posts and opinions,rather than complaining. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    kassieq wrote: »

I've only been posting there a few weeks. There's no such thing as a clique, you just barge your way in and post wherever you feel like. If people find your posts interesting they'll reply, if not, they won't.

Perhaps some just want a place where they can take the piss and have a moan without the self-righteous and holier than thou telling them what horrible nasty people they are?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was there when it first started I'm perfectly aware of why and how it started.

You see maybe that is it, I'm not a sheep I'm an individual with my own opinions.

You are welcome to sit in your comfy thread but it's rather rich complaining about other posters threads while you do. Let the rest of them start whatever threads they like and leave them be.

I personally like to see and read different threads, posts and opinions,rather than complaining. :)

But loads of the other threads just descend into complaining after a couple of pages, I've lost count of the number of times I've pointed out that I don't find a certain contestant entertaining only to be told I'm a humourless dance purist who wouldn't know entertainment if it smacked me in the face, and I like the fact there is a thread I can go to to moan about that.
  • dottigirldottigirl Posts: 2,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NAA thread isn't cliquey at all, in fact I posted there before anywhere else.
    Forum Member
    isopap wrote: »
    But loads of the other threads just descend into complaining after a couple of pages, I've lost count of the number of times I've pointed out that I don't find a certain contestant entertaining only to be told I'm a humourless dance purist who wouldn't know entertainment if it smacked me in the face, and I like the fact there is a thread I can go to to moan about that.

Do as you wish, on your comfy thread, I personally don't run and hide and look for approval with childlike insults about other fms.
    Oh it's some odd little person having a tantrum in their pram. We must try and be kind. Must be hard to be on the outside looking in...
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not quite sure how this got to be about the non-appreciation thread :confused:

It's a very fluid kind of place with people coming and going as the whimsey takes them.

It's one thread and takes up the space of one thread on the index. If no one posts for a bit it drops down to page 2.

The problem with the current situation is that threads about one subject are being duplicated while there are still half a dozen similar on the front page, that's all that's being said as far as I can see :confused:
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »

It's a very fluid kind of place with people coming and going as the whimsey takes them.

It's one thread and takes up the space of one thread on the index. If no one posts for a bit it drops down to page 2.

The problem with the current situation is that threads about one subject are being duplicated while there are still half a dozen similar on the front page, that's all that's being said as far as I can see :confused:

Yes, the original post was a perfectly reasonable request, until it got hijacked for reasons I still can't quite understand. Baffling really! :rolleyes:
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well exactly. tbh I don't have a problem with the multitudinous she who must not be named threads because by and large if people want to post to them they will and if they don't they'll drop down
    Forum Member

I just thought the thread itself was pointless if there is a duplication of threads just alert mods.

While reading the usual moans I just thought I'd mention that the Not an Appreciation thread was redundant now there was a sub forum for the ones it used to counteract.

Maybe it's time for a name change?

I was right about the back slapping and the egging on as has been proved.

You need to remember everyone can read the thread even if they don't choose to post on it and it's because of those styles of posting I choose not to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. Usually the new thread is started by someone who hasn't even checked if an existing thread covers their point/query.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought the thread itself was pointless if there is a duplication of threads just alert mods.

While reading the usual moans I just thought I'd mention that the Not an Appreciation thread was redundant now there was a sub forum for the ones it used to counteract.

You need to remember everyone can read the thread even if they don't choose to post on it and it's because of those styles of posting I choose not to.

I'm quite happy to tell any poster on any thread that I don't agree with them and that I think their point is invalid. I'm well away that every thread can be read by every forum member and wouldn't say anything on the NA thread that I wouldn't say on the thread I'm refering to in fact I'm normally just saying it twice because I love the sound of my own opinion.

You clearly have some form of chip on your shoulder about the non-appreciation thread, which I don't really understand but you're entitled to your opinion.
    Forum Member
    I'm quite happy to tell any poster on any thread that I don't agree with them and that I think their point is invalid. I'm well away that every thread can be read by every forum member and wouldn't say anything on the NA thread that I wouldn't say on the thread I'm refering to in fact I'm normally just saying it twice because I love the sound of my own opinion.

You clearly have some form of chip on your shoulder about the non-appreciation thread, which I don't really understand but you're entitled to your opinion.

Do you also use childlike insults like this?
    Originally Posted by sofakat
    Oh it's some odd little person having a tantrum in their pram. We must try and be kind. Must be hard to be on the outside looking in..

I have no chip on my shoulder, I just dislike the playground tactics used by some.
  • kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dahnce Purists dahling :D

DJ is that you? I'm never going to get that title right :D
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As is completely your right and choice. There are a lot of threads that I don't post on for a variety of reasons, but I'd never say they should be removed from the main board.

The non-appreciation thread has moved on from it's starting point as things tend to after 3 years, but it's a name that people know and know how to find - and the mods keep splicing it with the same name, so seems fair enough.

Of course people know it can be read by anyone either logged on or not - same as every thread on DS :confused:
    Forum Member
    As is completely your right and choice. There are a lot of threads that I don't post on for a variety of reasons, but I'd never say they should be removed from the main board.

The non-appreciation thread has moved on from it's starting point as things tend to after 3 years, but it's a name that people know and know how to find - and the mods keep splicing it with the same name, so seems fair enough.

Of course people know it can be read by anyone either logged on or not - same as every thread on DS :confused:

It may slip some fm's minds, or why else run in there to throw insults about other fms? ;)
    Forum Member

The majority of us over there don't do the back slapping egging on thing.

Yes I know everyone can read the thread, I've been reading it for the past 2 years but, as I said earlier, only started posting there 2 weeks ago when I finally decided to sign up to DS as a member. I don't have any problem with anyone reading what i've posted.

Just because the appreciation threads have been moved why does that make tho non-app thread redundant? As I said earlier it's purpose is for people to state things they don't like about strictly without having to start countless new threads. For example, i've just been there and non-appreciated the producer bloke who was on ITT for - making other versions of strictly sound dull, wearing a pink shirt that didn't suit him and for looking like Bill Bailey with no hair. Did any of those non appreciations need a new thread started to themselves? I doubt any of us who post in there would deny that we enjoy having a good old bitch which is why we found someone referring to us as bitter bitches hilarious. We also enjoy taking the p*ss out of each other as well as ourselves. The non- app thread does what the title says and is therefore relevant.

The OP(sorry, can't remember now who started it) of this thread did not deny anyone the right to rave about or bitch about Ann. They merely requested that as there were so many threads about the same subject could they be merged to avoid clogging up the front page.

You asked why the OP did not contact the mods with this request. Maybe he/she doesn't know how to go about this... I certainly don't
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You asked why the OP did not contact the mods with this request. Maybe he/she doesn't know how to go about this... I certainly don't

The usual route is to use the 'Alert' button, but I've done that and no one has responded.
    Forum Member
    dottigirl wrote: »
    The usual route is to use the 'Alert' button, but I've done that and no one has responded.

Ah, ok. I thought that was only for if you wanted to complain about a post for being inappropriate/abusive

Thanks for letting me know:)
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, ok. I thought that was only for if you wanted to complain about a post for being inappropriate/abusive

Thanks for letting me know:)

If you look at the bottom right of the page, there is a 'contact us' button"!