✭✭✭✭✭
    :D:D mucho giggling here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D mucho giggling here!

Much draw dropping here!

Lush banned chez Adds. Pig sick of vacuuming glitter up in March.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't but I too love Hawkins bazaar, its full of fabulous things all of which I want myself for Chrimbo despite being a nanna twice over:o

That's a great site, i have already managed to find 2 unusual gifts for my son and I've only been on there 5 minutes!
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    add-ons wrote: »
    Much draw dropping here!

Lush banned chez Adds. Pig sick of vacuuming glitter up in March.

I do love their lemon soap though...
    d0lphin wrote: »
    That's a great site, i have already managed to find 2 unusual gifts for my son and I've only been on there 5 minutes!

Ohhhh I got to go in!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grrr I have to buy relatives I see once a year pressies. I went on the poundland website and they have some nice looking incense (sp) bits on there, I wonder if they'll look as nice close up?!

*yesm, I "have" to buy to keep the peace with my Gran as its her son and family!
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mam loves doing jigsaws, I emailed a photo of the kids to alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk and they've turned it into a jigsaw which I think is a pretty awesome gift!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mam loves doing jigsaws, I emailed a photo of the kids to alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk and they've turned it into a jigsaw which I think is a pretty awesome gift!

Wow that is an ace idea!!

I think I will have a looksee!!!

I was thinking of doing photo gifts from the boys for Grandparents, you can get pens with their pics on etc from Sainsburys.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that is an ace idea!!

I think I will have a looksee!!!

You can put print a message on the box too, makes a nice present I thought but not for me as I don't have the patience to do jigsaws :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can put print a message on the box too, makes a nice present I thought but not for me as I don't have the patience to do jigsaws :D

Urgh, no jigsaws make me go blah!!:D

I do like the personalised side of things a lot though.
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way I'm going I'll be broke by January :eek: been seriously splashing the cash :eek:

I've got to buy pressies for mum, dad, gran, 2 brothers, the boyfriend, boyfriends parents and his little brother and sister :eek: no treating myself this year :(

For brother one I've bought a cocktail making kit

For brother two I've bought John Bishops new DVD

For dad I've bought some old Bradford city match programmes (he's got a few over the years but I found some more) and a bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey and tumblers set

For the boyfriend I've bought Paco Rabanne One Million. A digital photo frame for pictures of me and him :p and some jokey presents including some sexy bright pink boxers ;)

For gran I've bought an Italian champagne and biscotti (?) set

Mum and boyfies mum are going for a spa day -

For boyfies sister I've bought a gift set from superdrug

For boyfies brother Ive bought a new game for his ps3

And for boyfies dad .... I'll need some help there

All that stuff totals £300 :eek: and that's not including friends :o new years reso is to reign the spending in :)
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer getting stuff thats a bit different to perfume, chcolate, socks and book vouchers. I usually try to find stuff that i think the person will really like as well.

Here are some ideas I have bought

- gro-box for mother in law - its a box with bulbs in that you plant, the whole box, and a few weeks later you get a lot of pretty flowers
    - scratch map for my travel hungry sister and family
    - glass nail file for my mam
    - smencils - colouring pencils that smell of nice things like watermelon and marshmallows for my cousins kid
    - baby grows with funny stuff on like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stewie-Griffin-Family-Guy-Baby-Vest-DARTH-VADER-STEWIE-/170564696716?pt=Baby_Clothing&var=&hash=item6d6eddaa2d
    - awkward family photos book for my sister

i need inspiration for the rest of the family now though im fast running out of ideas

mostly from ebay and firebox.com
  • Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't even started my xmas shopping yet - i really need to get a move on :) Hubby got paid today so that should get a few things, and i'll be back at work and getting paid again before xmas so that will take care of a few more gifts!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooo I love the idea of smencils!

Shady! You are splashing it aren't you :D

I have bought lots of smellies and candle sets for the relatives that blah me :D I want to get some small boxes so I can make some christmas pudding bon bons!
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooo I love the idea of smencils!

Shady! You are splashing it aren't you :D

I have bought lots of smellies and candle sets for the relatives that blah me :D I want to get some small boxes so I can make some christmas pudding bon bons!

Yeah I think the smencils sound great :D just a shame I don't need pressies for young children.

And yes :o it's the spa trip and all my boyfriends presents which are to blame :p:o
  • Options
    cymrugirlcymrugirl Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is pretty boring:
    So far I've got SIL an Urban Decay eyeshadow kit. I'll probably add a brandy bottle for both of them to enjoy.

Making a cupcake hamper for one of the nieces. Got a mixing bowl and will fill it with:
    cupcake cookbook,
    assorted sprinkles and sugar glitter,
    cupcake moulds,
    icing kit,
    madagascan vanilla extract
    good quality food coloring
    measuring units

Making a Glee themed present for the other niece with Glee cds, Glee Annual and a music voucher.

God daughter is getting clothes.

Everyone else will get token alcohol gifts because I can't be arsed. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cymrugirl, I love baking cupcakes and that sounds ace!! Will you get food paste instead of the liquid colour? It doesn't affect the texture of buttercream like the liquid one does.
  • Options
    cymrugirlcymrugirl Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cymrugirl, I love baking cupcakes and that sounds ace!! Will you get food paste instead of the liquid colour? It doesn't affect the texture of buttercream like the liquid one does.

Nuts - I didn't think of that. I think I'll definitely get some to add to the kit. Thanks mummypigget :)
  • Options
    azaleaazalea Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Iv got my Gran a bottle of famous grouse ordered from their web site. The label now reads "The Famous Grandma" and i put a little message on the label to wishing them a merry Christmas as well. I'm quite pleased with it, she'll love it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I get older Christmas gets more and more stress free.
    The son gets money due to the fact he lives a long way away and works over Christmas.
    The daughters and sons in law get shop vouchers and my husband chooses books and new tools for his model making hobby usually.
    My main pressies are for the grandchildren. It's an absolute pleasure to buy for them too.
    We are not loaded but the fact that we don't have visitors saves a whole lot of money.
    Christmas dinner for two is really no more expensive than buying shopping in an ordinary week. We don't need the trimmings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    azalea wrote: »
    Iv got my Gran a bottle of famous grouse ordered from their web site. The label now reads "The Famous Grandma" and i put a little message on the label to wishing them a merry Christmas as well. I'm quite pleased with it, she'll love it.

Love that idea! Might get hubby a bottle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cymrugirl wrote: »
    Nuts - I didn't think of that. I think I'll definitely get some to add to the kit. Thanks mummypigget :)

You're welcome, after many attempts wondering what was happening I suddenly realised my icing sugar would be dissolving because of the colour!!:D My local cake shop does a large variety of food paste colours and are less than £1.50 a pot and they last ages!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Brother is getting vouchers this year due to being away at army college, just wondering if I get high street vouchers can he spend them nationwide? and can they be used all over the place?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Brother is getting vouchers this year due to being away at army college, just wondering if I get high street vouchers can he spend them nationwide? and can they be used all over the place?

I gave those Post Office vouchers as gifts last year but they caused a problem when some of the stores listed refused to accept them.
    What they don't tell you is that it is only at participating branches.
    My son had a problem spending his last year so I am avoiding giving those this year.
  • Options
    Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought my dad the Michael Mackentyre, cant remember how it's spelt, dvd today from Sainsburys. I shall get a big box of chocolates too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.notonthehighstreet.com always have a brilliant range of stuff!

And www.rockettstgeorge.co.uk AND www.firebox has random stuff.

Merry Christmas!