Options

Sports Commentators (non-football) (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speedway Eurosport2HD

Presenter: ? ( he said its hes first time at a Speedway Event )
    Pundits: Kelvin Tatum and Scott Nicholls
    Pitlane Reporter: Sophie Blake
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    Eddie and Stevo are far too outdated now. The best line up that Sky RL can produce would be:

Presenter: Brian Carney
    Commentator: Bill Arthur
    Co-Commentators: Terry O'Connor & Barrie McDermott
    Analysts: Paul Cullen, Shaun McRae, Phil Clarke
    Touchline Reporter: Graham Beecroft

And keep using Stuart Cummings too. Really enjoyed his input over the weekend, even though I disliked him as a ref and as the ref's boss! :D

As they are synonymous with the presentation of Rugby League, Sky would only get rid of them by accident, not design; in a way they are similar to Richard Keys and Andy Gray were for many years at Sky.
  • Options
    mavreelamavreela Posts: 4,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speedway Eurosport2HD

Presenter: ? ( he said its hes first time at a Speedway Event )
    Pundits: Kelvin Tatum and Scott Nicholls
    Pitlane Reporter: Sophie Blake

Andy Jaye

Apart from the prerecorded introduction Tatum is just co-commentating with Nigel Pearson for the world feed as usual.
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday 1st June - Sky Sports 1

British & Irish Lions Tour Live: Lions v Barbarians

Alex Payne presenting from the studio alongside Paul Wallace, Scott Quinnell and Dean Ryan

Commentators: Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes, with Will Greenwood providing "special comments" from pitchside

Same lot were on Supersport South Africa and Setanta Asia as well. I couldn't find a Fox Sports Australia stream though, so don't know who did what.

I liked it when Miles Harrison would sometimes pronounce Jonathan Davies as 'Dave-eez'' like he had some kind of Welsh-French duality :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mavreela wrote: »
    Andy Jaye

You may be familiar with him from this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BZwcliJaQA
  • Options
    LanarkianLanarkian Posts: 7,569
    Forum Member
    Just watching Johnny Wilkinson giving a very passable interview in French on France 2 after Toulon lost the French Top 14 Final in Paris. Maybe on TV Monde (Sky 799, running 5 minutes later than live) later.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday 1st June - Sky Sports 1

British & Irish Lions Tour Live: Lions v Barbarians

Alex Payne presenting from the studio alongside Paul Wallace, Scott Quinnell and Dean Ryan

Commentators: Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes, with Will Greenwood providing "special comments" from pitchside

Greenwood was also used as their interviewer and did pieces to camera before and after the match with Sir Ian McGeechan (who was co-commentating on talkSPORT's radio coverage of the game).

Was astonished that Alex Payne and co where in Isleworth. Unless they quietly head to OZ on Wednesday/Saturday.
  • Options
    chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was astonished that Alex Payne and co where in Isleworth. Unless they quietly head to OZ on Wednesday/Saturday.

I would be surprised if they head out there before the Test Matches start personally.
    From memory, they certainly didn't do the whole tour on site in South Africa 4 years ago, and maybe not even the Testd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears from presenter Alex Payne's Twitter that they will be out in Australia from the NSW Waratahs game on Sat June 16th.
  • Options
    Tony YeboahTony Yeboah Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Saturday 8 June on RTE Two- Hurling

Wexford v Dublin- Michael Lyster introduces. With commentary by Ger Canning and Michael Duignan, and analysis by Eddie Brennan and Donal Og Cusack

Sunday 9 June on TG4- Rugby Union

USA v Ireland-. Commentary by Gearóid Mac Donncha and Eoghan Ó Neachtain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunday 9 June

Hurling

RTE Two: Offaly v Kilkenny- Michael Lyster introduces. With commentary by Marty Morrissey and Donal O'Grady, and analysis by Ger Loughnane and Tomas Mulcahy

TV3: Limerick v Tipperary- Matt Cooper introduces. With commentary by Jamesie O'Connor and Mike Finnerty, and analysis by Nicky English and Daithi Regan

Junior Rugby

TG4: Ireland v Fiji- Commentary by Gearóid Mac Donncha
  • Options
    The WandererThe Wanderer Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member
    chrisr21 wrote: »
    I would be surprised if they head out there before the Test Matches start personally.
    From memory, they certainly didn't do the whole tour on site in South Africa 4 years ago, and maybe not even the Testd

They were definitely there for the Tests
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by the EPG, the First Test Match between Japan and Wales is listed as being on the BBC Red Button as well as BBC One Wales on Saturday morning, which is good news for those of us outside of Wales.

I'll be interested to hear who'll be involved in their coverage, seeing as Ross Harries and Gareth Charles are out in Australia for the British & Irish Lions tour (Harries for Wales Today and the Scrum V website, Charlo for BBC Radio Cymru). The link to the BBC Sport website's stream for Saturday has Huw Llywelyn Davies and Stuart Davies listed as the commentary team, but then Nick Webb has been writing various articles from Japan for the website.

When he was interviewed on talkSPORT this morning, it was mentioned that Shane Williams is in (his now native) Tokyo after being in Hong Kong for the first Lions game, so perhaps he'll be part of BBC One Wales and S4C's teams this weekend and next before heading off to Oz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Western Force v British & Irish Lions (from Patersons Stadium, Perth)

Fox Sports Australia & Rugby Channel NZ - Nick McArdle hosted 'from the sidelines' at the ground, with Tim Horan as analyst. Commentary from Greg Clarke and Phil Kearns, with Rod Kafer pitchside reporter, and post-match interviewer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday 5th June - Sky Sports 1

British & Irish Lions Tour Live: Western Force v Lions

Alex Payne presenting from the studio alongside Paul Wallace, Sir Ian McGeechan and Ieuan Evans

Reporters: Rod Kafer (Fox Sports Australia) and Will Greenwood
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Going by the EPG, the First Test Match between Japan and Wales is listed as being on the BBC Red Button as well as BBC One Wales on Saturday morning, which is good news for those of us outside of Wales.

I'll be interested to hear who'll be involved in their coverage, seeing as Ross Harries and Gareth Charles are out in Australia for the British & Irish Lions tour (Harries for Wales Today and the Scrum V website, Charlo for BBC Radio Cymru). The link to the BBC Sport website's stream for Saturday has Huw Llywelyn Davies and Stuart Davies listed as the commentary team, but then Nick Webb has been writing various articles from Japan for the website.

When he was interviewed on talkSPORT this morning, it was mentioned that Shane Williams is in (his now native) Tokyo after being in Hong Kong for the first Lions game, so perhaps he'll be part of BBC One Wales and S4C's teams this weekend and next before heading off to Oz.

The Radio Times suggests it's presented by Gareth Lewis, with analysis by Martyn Williams.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Radio Times suggests it's presented by Gareth Lewis, with analysis by Martyn Williams.

Good news. I rate Gareth Lewis highly, it will be nice to see him back on Scrum V.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know why they're not just networking it on BBC1, if they're willing to show F1 practice they can surely show that at six in the morning. Breakfast is on News 24 anyway and they happily take it off for the MOTD repeat, and it'll be back on BBC1 before most viewers are awake.
  • Options
    djpowerdjpower Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Western Force v British & Irish Lions (from Patersons Stadium, Perth)

Fox Sports Australia & Rugby Channel NZ - Nick McArdle hosted 'from the sidelines' at the ground, with Tim Horan as analyst. Commentary from Greg Clarke and Phil Kearns, with Rod Kafer pitchside reporter, and post-match interviewer.

Skys commentary was made available via the red button as a secondary audio option and will be also in use for the remaining matches don't know if a Sky has a similar arrangement where they make Fox commentary available in the UK I am guessing you would of mentioned so if it was the case.

I don't know who was the smart one who scheduled this game at 6pm WST in Perth. Putting it directly up against the first State of Origin match way to guarantee no one will be watching
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djpower wrote: »
    Skys commentary was made available via the red button as a secondary audio option and will be also in use for the remaining matches don't know if a Sky has a similar arrangement where they make Fox commentary available in the UK I am guessing you would of mentioned so if it was the case.

I've no idea if that was the case over here, as I haven't had Sky Sports for about 4 years now. They did do it for the 2001 Lions tour though.
    I don't know who was the smart one who scheduled this game at 6pm WST in Perth. Putting it directly up against the first State of Origin match way to guarantee no one will be watching

Yeah, on the stream I had on, the chatbox next to it was full of discussion about the rugby league game.

Did anyone watch the Under 20 (Junior) World Championship games yesterday? The games are streaming live via the irb.com website (but geoblocked to us) but I saw a bit of Australia v Ireland game with Wyn Gruffydd and ? commentating.

S4C will be showing Wales v Argenitna next Thursday, with the previous two games as a highlights package on their website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djpower wrote: »

If they have it hasn't been mentioned during their coverage of the first two live games. I have taken out a Sky Sports subscription via SkyGo purposefully for the British & Irish Lions tour so can't (to my knowledge) access any red button options that may be available as a TV viewer would.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they have it hasn't been mentioned during their coverage of the first two live games. I have taken out a Sky Sports subscription via SkyGo purposefully for the British & Irish Lions tour so can't (to my knowledge) access any red button options that may be available as a TV viewer would.

Don't think they are using the Fox Sports team on the Red Button.

Ch 499 (SS Xtra) has some red button content on sky go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thursday 13 June- Rugby Under 20 World Cup on TG4

New Zealand v Ireland- Commentary by Gearóid Mac Donncha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did anyone watch the Under 20 (Junior) World Championship games yesterday? The games are streaming live via the irb.com website (but geoblocked to us) but I saw a bit of Australia v Ireland game with Wyn Gruffydd and ? commentating.

Not sure about that game, but I just caught the highlights of the England v France game and the commentators were Martin Gillingham & Florent Rossigneux
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 8th June - BBC One Wales and BBCi

Scrum V Live: Japan v Wales

Gareth Lewis presented alongside Martyn Williams and Sean Holley

Commentators: Huw Llywelyn Davies and Stuart Davies

Reporter: Gareth Rhys Owen

BBC Radio Cymru's Welsh language commentary was available as a Red Button audio option (the main TV feed was available on audio feed one), but unfortunately I didn't catch a namecheck of who their commentator was.

Coverage was presented from the BBC Wales Today studio rather than the usual one that they record the Sunday Scrum V highlights show from. It'll be Gareth, Martyn and Tom Shanklin hosting next Saturday's highlights of the Second Test between these teams. Huw mentioned in commentary that Gwyn Jones and Brynmor Williams will be heard (presumably as commentators) on S4C's full match re-run of the First Test this evening.