Madonna - MDNA (Album Thread) (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That video is amazing. I agree some of the guys in that video are very hot indeed hehe. Do we know anything about it? It looks rather professional. Who is the man/woman looking fashionista? Interesting stuff

it was just circulating on Fb...i think that the dancers that Vogue with M in the Wild video are behind it.

The detail is incredible....it does remind me of the imagery of Wild in places too.
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think MDNA can be in the same league as Hard Candy even if they have performed virtually the same. I think the quality of MDNA is much better, proper full songs whereas HC (i thought) had quite a lot of filler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think MDNA can be in the same league as Hard Candy even if they have performed virtually the same. I think the quality of MDNA is much better, proper full songs whereas HC (i thought) had quite a lot of filler.

Well MDNA and HC are polar opposites! HC was recorded in 2007 initially to be a strong Synthpop/Electronic album with Stu Price still on board, pet Shop Boys being asked and Pharell Williams because "she liked his shit" but then it all took a new spin and Timbaland got involved and Stu "thin white duke" price and PSB were no longer in the picture...hence while i do enjoy blasting HC its very much a misguided album for what it was.

Whereas MDNA perfects each style and has a susinct flow...without trying to be "overblown,everything but the kitchen sink" about it....very simply engineered with mass variation of colours, styles, structures and statements. People either love that or they dont...hence why there is the debate.

But over a million copies sold worldwide on name sales alone ....FTW! :cool:
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree that to me MDNA is much better than HC. But I guess a lot of that is down to personal taste as I like dance/electronic music but not as big on hip hop/R&B. I also think MDNA has better lyrics that talk about her divorce and other personal things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I totally agree that to me MDNA is much better than HC. But I guess a lot of that is down to personal taste as I like dance/electronic music but not as big on hip hop/R&B. I also think MDNA has better lyrics that talk about her divorce and other personal things.

It is very much all down to taste...but i sure as heck love that M caters all tastes and provides all flavours :cool: kick ass....kick ass!
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MDNA is my favorite album of the year so far if it's any consolation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the Madonna complete collection today, as well as Loose and Keeps Gettin' Better. Already own MDNA and Celebration but I can't wait to discover Madonna's back catalogue. The box and sleeves are really nice, I don't want to ruin them.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    isnt MDNA the biggest selling album in the world so far this year? So how can that be a flop? It is a low sales performing era for Madonna...and we all know why...low album sales in general, low single promotion....but the Tour is set to break records, she has won a golden globe for Best Song (Masterpiece), the album was number 1 on 50 something itunes charts and Number One on ore official charts than any other album, her superbowl performance was the highest musical event watched in the USA History..... so not a flop, just underperforming - but in reflection still remarkable. And fans love the album!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the Madonna complete collection today, as well as Loose and Keeps Gettin' Better. Already own MDNA and Celebration but I can't wait to discover Madonna's back catalogue. The box and sleeves are really nice, I don't want to ruin them.

Oh wow that is brilliant.....i may consider buying the boxed set when lowered more in price for the summer perhaps...i mean i have em all....but replay after replay etc...new discs to blast out too will be so cool.

glad ur luvvin it :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isnt MDNA the biggest selling album in the world so far this year? So how can that be a flop? It is a low sales performing era for Madonna...and we all know why...low album sales in general, low single promotion....but the Tour is set to break records, she has won a golden globe for Best Song (Masterpiece), the album was number 1 on 50 something itunes charts and Number One on ore official charts than any other album, her superbowl performance was the highest musical event watched in the USA History..... so not a flop, just underperforming - but in reflection still remarkable. And fans love the album!

that is the way i would describe it, under-performing and the sales were front loaded. the issue is mainly to the lack of promotion, but in fairness she has been extremely busy this year promoting her film, then preparing for the super bowl and now the tour. as a fan, i do love the album, its not right up there with her best, but it is still pretty good.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes the tour will probably break records like the last few she has done primarily because she charges such high prices for tickets. Terrible really when she doesn't need to :mad: :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Yes the tour will probably break records like the last few she has done primarily because she charges such high prices for tickets. Terrible really when she doesn't need to :mad: :eek:

Not really "just" because of ticket price...over three and a half million fans saw her on her 2008/2009 legs of the S&S tour....plus she is deserved of the accolades!

the MDNA tour will definitely set and break new records i cannot wait! :cool:
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The ticket prices reflect the production values. A Madonna show is not a pop concert. It is a meticulously crafted theatrical performance. While she remains an active centrepiece, there are other participants all working hard to bring the show together. There are the video interludes, the lighting, the dancers, the sets, the choreographers and so on. Plus she generally plays at high cost venues and therefore the ticket prices are reasonable considering what she puts on in return. Also a Madonna show is 2 hours long as opposed to the standard 80-90 minute shows other artists put on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MDNA in Australia:
    1-9-19-41-65 now 85 after 6 weeks.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    MDNA in Australia:
    1-9-19-41-65 now 85 after 6 weeks.

Thanks. Do you work for Forbes?
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to get rid of this ticket does anyone want to buy a General Admission for Hyde Park?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Do you work for Forbes?

No, I'm Australian so I follow my national music charts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i wish i could Madonna38 :(.

And the Aussy charts have seen a rapid decline....but still hopefully with tour announcements for shows down under will give it a bit of a kick up the arse :cool:
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i wish i could Madonna38 :(.

And the Aussy charts have seen a rapid decline....but still hopefully with tour announcements for shows down under will give it a bit of a kick up the arse :cool:

Save up! You've got 'till July!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The ticket prices reflect the production values. A Madonna show is not a pop concert. It is a meticulously crafted theatrical performance. While she remains an active centrepiece, there are other participants all working hard to bring the show together. There are the video interludes, the lighting, the dancers, the sets, the choreographers and so on. Plus she generally plays at high cost venues and therefore the ticket prices are reasonable considering what she puts on in return. Also a Madonna show is 2 hours long as opposed to the standard 80-90 minute shows other artists put on.

Before anyone says anything I am a huge Madonna fan and have been since she started.

Do I do agree in part to you answer, but it has been said in the past how much Madonna earns from these tours and it is not just a couple of million after all the costs are paid.

Yes the shows are amazing I have seen her 3 times, but to charge up to £200 is just not on or justified. I don't think anyone can justify that charge. Many people travel hours to see her once you add in travel costs, maybe hotels food etc your talking hundreds of pounds.
    If she really respected her fans she would charge more realistic prices. Many people can not afford these prices. :mad:

I went to the confessions tour at Wembley Arena and it was not sold out and the touts were struggling to get rid of tickets especially for the seats nearer the back.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that some fans can't afford her tickets, but as the poster said there is so much that goes into her shows and she has hundreds of people working for her and all those people have to be paid too. Touring is a business and she has ever right to make money from her tour, just like every other artist. It's not a charity, it's a business. She could reduce her prices but then she'd have to scale back what she does in her shows and people would be upset about that.
    I'm not sure about a lot of people traveling to see her though. Madonna tours quite extensively in most larger cities in the world, so unless you live in some real remote area she usually comes somewhere close to where most people live. Actually fans of other artists who don't do such big tours, probably have to spend more on travel and hotels because their favourite artist doesn't come to their city.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that some fans can't afford her tickets, but as the poster said there is so much that goes into her shows and she has hundreds of people working for her and all those people have to be paid too. Touring is a business and she has ever right to make money from her tour, just like every other artist. It's not a charity, it's a business. She could reduce her prices but then she'd have to scale back what she does in her shows and people would be upset about that.
    I'm not sure about a lot of people traveling to see her though. Madonna tours quite extensively in most larger cities in the world, so unless you live in some real remote area she usually comes somewhere close to where most people live. Actually fans of other artists who don't do such big tours, probably have to spend more on travel and hotels because their favourite artist doesn't come to their city.

Of course it is a business I wouldn't expect her to do it for a loss.

Regarding touring most of the world and most major cities that isn't true. She hasn't been to Australlia since 1993 for example and this tour doesn't go there again ?and her last tour didn't cover anywhere in Africa, The Middle East or Asia (apart from Israel) many countries she just visits one or maybe two cities obviously you might live hundreds of miles from one of them ?
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it is a business I wouldn't expect her to do it for a loss.

Regarding touring most of the world and most major cities that isn't true. She hasn't been to Australlia since 1993 for example and this tour doesn't go there again ?and her last tour didn't cover anywhere in Africa, The Middle East or Asia (apart from Israel) many countries she just visits one or maybe two cities obviously you might live hundreds of miles from one of them ?

Just to put things in perspective. A Barbra Streisand cheap ticket in 2000 was £175.00. A Madonna cheap ticket in 2012 was £45.00.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I disagree with you there. Some people in my class have gone to see smaller artists such as DJ Fresh, Rizzle Kicks, Rita Ora, Ed Sheeran, Jessie J etc and haven't had to go far, Bury St. Edmund's or Cambridge which are both about half an hour away.