The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 35)

Comments

• MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Mikay wrote: »
    The escXtra interview with Anmary is a bit.. strange.
    http://youtu.be/LwjJ0CopKBg

Is she always like that?

Judging from her first response to the interviewer, I'd guess she's very pissed off. Looks really tired too.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    The escXtra interview with Anmary is a bit.. strange.
    http://youtu.be/LwjJ0CopKBg

Is she always like that?

hmmm I can't hardly hear anything
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Romania: The choreography is very pedestrian considering it is a very uptempo song. :confused:
    Switzerland: Still does nothing for me.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Finland sounds great!

Can't believe she's only 21, though!
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finland sounds great!

Makes me wish she was sat here doing my geometry revision for me, and I was there on stage rehearsing her song. :(
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swore I'd stay away from rehearsal videos this year (and reviews too, at least those by Keith at AKOE, as he nearly always bashes Finland and most others I like), as I want to keep at least some element of surprise and excitement for the live shows, and also imo it's not fair to judge the acts by what are just rehearsals (and I doubt they themselves know how they're being judged by people on the internet...) But I couldn't help myself, of course I had to check how our entry's rehearsal went! :p
    Finland sounds great!

Well, I can't believe that Eva Boto is just 16, no way...

But yes, Pernilla sounds good :) And to think that she had almost no stage experience whatsoever before NF...
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, are we meant to use spoiler tags for rehearsal comments? :o I don't remember doing it last year.
    Fudd wrote: »
    I don't think it's an agreed thing - I just remember people saying yesterday that they were going to avoid rehearsals so they could experience it on the night. I'm going into a lot of detail so thought it'd be better to be safe than sorry. :o

I'm not watching rehearsals but don't need spoiler tags! To be honest, I like to randomness of some of the postings (Rona has ping pong balls in her hair?!) and it's putting my imagination into overtime!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do we know what position in the chart Enge got yet?
    Forum Member
    Interesting to see a lot of Bloggers saying Greece might be in trouble. I think Cyprus could make or break this one.
  • PurpleTurtlePurpleTurtle Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see a lot of Bloggers saying Greece might be in trouble. I think Cyprus could make or break this one.

Yeah, if Ivi isn't totally awful, I could see this swallowing some of Greece's votes
  • ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had to choose one, I'd rather Greece qualified than Cyprus. Much prefer Aphrodisiac.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, if Ivi isn't totally awful, I could see this swallowing some of Greece's votes

That's a big if though. :D
    Forum Member
    I know it's totally against the spirit of the competition but I'd be quite glad to see Greece fail to qualify- they've had it easy for way too long and become complacent in their song choices.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny that it's either Greece or Cyprus who will probably qualify (hoping Cyprus because they don't qualify as often and the song is decent, even if Ivi can't sing).
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    She's has such a strong vocal...this could do well with the juries. The LED screens could look great on the night.
  • thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    do we know what position in the chart Enge got yet?

I very much doubt it will be top 75. Or even top 100 at a push but a figure in the top 200 is likely I'd say. Maybe top 100 next week. His top 40 shot is after the contest...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I think it would be good for Greece had a year out, although Turkey hasn't learned form its elimination last year.
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Greece, I hope it qualifies. Hopefully the vocals are much better on the night though..

Are those definitely going to be the backdrops for the countries too? Romania should really look about getting theirs changed..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomizzle wrote: »
    I very much doubt it will be top 75. Or even top 100 at a push but a figure in the top 200 is likely I'd say. Maybe top 100 next week. His top 40 shot is after the contest...

he was 62 yesterday on itunes, i doubt he is top 40 anyway
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [url]Http://www.livehits.co.uk[/url]

Is probably the best site to chart downloads as it takes into account all the main sites. The Hump is 87th on there. :)
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's the best selling single on amazon
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Effects on each countries odds after the first rehearsals

Montenegro- No change still 200/1 to win

Iceland- Odds down quite a bit. Now ahead of Denmark and 6th favourites to win as low as 16/1 at some places

Greece- Odds have drifted since the performance, out to 33/1

Latvia, Albania,Belgium and finland-Little change

Switzerland- Odds have shortened in some places but still 100/1

Romania- Odds have came down to about 20/1 at most places.

So Iceland and Romania impressing most in the betting stakes, no change for most of the borderline qualifiers but Greece have been the big losers
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone is going to break their rehearsal video exile just once then it has to be for Montenegro's trojan donkey and ridiculous banners :D Thank goodness otherwise everything was very sensible. Romania have replaced the traditional bagpipe with a cheesy plastic heartshape object but it's difficult to get any sense of impact from what is really cctv camera quality footage.

Montenegro, even for just the first 5 seconds. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8c7IJRemk
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is going to break their rehearsal video exile just once then it has to be for Montenegro's trojan donkey and ridiculous banners :D Thank goodness otherwise everything was very sensible. Romania have replaced the traditional bagpipe with a cheesy plastic heartshape object but it's difficult to get any sense of impact from what is really cctv camera quality footage.

Montenegro, even for just the first 5 seconds. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8c7IJRemk

Oh ok then! :D

I'll be home in an hour and give you my considered opinion ;)
This discussion has been closed.