Man United Supporters Thread (Part 28)

1141142143144145147»

Comments

• zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Its a non-story anyway.

The criteria is international games played. Fail that and you are turned down at the first hurdle automatically.

On the appeal the actual player is looked at. Talent, previous club etc. He will waltz through that.

This.

Edit: does explain the slight delay that someone was worried about.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    If we could get Kagawa for £13m, Powell for £4m, Modric for the £32m quoted and Tiote for the £20m quoted i would back us to win the league next season.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we could get Kagawa for £13m, Powell for £4m, Modric for the £32m quoted and Tiote for the £20m quoted i would back us to win the league next season.

Agree with all this.

Except Modric ;)

I'd rather have Barton than Modric - and I hate the c***. :D
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

Hmm, I'd love to have both Modric and Tiote, but I can't help but feel their price tags are too big. Modric is good, but not a huge improvement over what we have in my opinion, so 32 million would be a waste, and while I would love Tiote, at 20 million it seems a waste when M'villa could be available for 17, is younger, better and doesn't have to go to the bloody ACN.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't see what the fuss is about with both Modric or Tiote.
    I would not want any of them at the club, I think there are better players out there that would improve us more than those two, and would be cheaper.
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Agree with all this.

Except Modric ;)

I'd rather have Barton than Modric - and I hate the c***. :D

In my utopia we would have both, my friend. :)
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't see what the fuss is about with both Modric or Tiote.
    I would not want any of them at the club, I think there are better players out there that would improve us more than those two, and would be cheaper.

You would have Giggs and Scholes playing in those wee invalid scooters though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would have them in the squad, but not automatic starters, I think there are better players than those two, I know that you think the world shines out of their backsides (espcially Modric's), but I just don't see it, but hey each to their own.
    Forum Member
    I would have them in the squad, but not automatic starters, I think there are better players than those two, I know that you think the world shines out of their backsides (espcially Modric's), but I just don't see it, but hey each to their own.

Excuse me?
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hey,don't give Fergie ideas, they may end up playing until they're about 46 at least.

No value in the market bullshine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'd probably get Barton for free. QPR will want rid.
    Forum Member
    Hey,don't give Fergie ideas, they may end up playing until they're about 46 at least.

No value in the market bullshine.

I wouldn't pay £72m for Baines Tiote and Modric either.

Id pay £30m for Modric and £20m for Tiote and sort out the midfield issue in one fell swoop though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me?

I was only joshing, about for how long, and how often you have praised Modric, nothing to get worked up over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay £72m for Baines Tiote and Modric either.

Id pay £30m for Modric and £20m for Tiote and sort out the midfield issue in one fell swoop though.

Those two wouldn't sort out our midfield though, that is the point!
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrcynical wrote: »

I wouldn't have Joey Barton even if he paid United to pull on the shirt.
    Forum Member
    mrcynical wrote: »

It would be worth doing and registering him for the 2nd phase of the CL just to watch people foaming at the mouth.

Imagine if Cantona had been around when Social Networking was active? Attacking the fan would have seen the reintroduction of hanging! Flippant i know but if he did that today he would never set foot in the country again.
    Forum Member
    Those two wouldn't sort out our midfield though, that is the point!

Oh yes they would.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58582689#post58582689
    This discussion has been closed.