Options

The calm before the guaranteed animosity sh!t storm...

Comments

• Options
    JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on, make it all about live feed again, despite the OP being completely unrelated. Is it just me, or is constantly hijacking threads totally disrespectful?

I'd like live feed too. But it's not gonna happen!

Sorry I do apologise oh great one!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    You're supposed to get to know them via Twitter, the Official website, the Daily Star & OK magazine.

The TV show is just a means of directing people to Desmond's core business.

Oh I forgot about that. Oh yes it will be all ok now!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    kimotag wrote: »
    It's been far from calm and friendly in any post where Aaron or Josie is mentioned!:D

Oh right, I haven't really been in either of those, are those the appreciation threads?:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just hope we don't have an Aaron vs Jay fan war that kicked off last year, it was a very unpleasant place for Jay supporters.
    Always horrible trying to defend the forum hate figure. I have seen worse though.
    richie4eva wrote: »
    You should have been here for Series 7 for the Nikki v Aisleyne fan war

Makes the Jay v Aaron war seem tame

Yes, that's probably true.

It's worse when you are defending someone who is just a hate figure with almost no fellow supporters. BB10 Lisa was the all time nastiest time on here imo. It was like trying to defend someone from a charging herd of bison that just went on and on and on. Relentless and very very nasty, with a surprisingly high ratio of plain lies.
  • Options
    whufcwhufc Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    The beauty of this site is whenever someone has a favourite or someone they dislike with a passion they post it on every thread just incase we missed their other 500 posts about their feelings towards certain housemates :D
  • Options
    Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I think divided opinions is an obvious thing to happen. Banter and debate is also a healthy and fun pass-time.
    What happened last series was great for the series imo. Two very different men who both had large followings. I know what camp I was in..but I think it's safe to say both camps were equally as hostile towards each other. Made it even more interesting because both of 'em in the house disliked each other too.
    Look forward to Pandora's Box being opened tonight. I'm always up for a bout of virtual fisticuffs. :D
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually go back to lurking when it gets a bit... err... heated in here. Just because some fans get really passionate about their housemates. And then when you say the slighest thing about that housemate, they'll go like "Oh, you must be a fan of such and such a housemate!"

Or, if you're a woman and you're not keen on a female housemate, you must be jealous.

Or, if you remark on a flaw in a housemate who isn't white, you must be a racist.

In the last few series I haven't had strong feelings about any of the housemates, so I usually take cover. I do lurk and read, though, because it is quite interesting to watch the exchanges :o.
  • Options
    Miss_SMiss_S Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just have to avoid the ones that are just actively looking for a fight;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    Yes, me too:)

Hiya yellow.

Wonder if it will be us against the forum again this year lol.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Sugar Ape wrote: »
    Hiya yellow.

Wonder if it will be us against the forum again this year lol.

Well you never know, I can't wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought I would resurrect my old thread seeing as it's been a year again! Tje sh!t really did start again last year, as it does every year.

I've been reading the forum but haven't contributed for sometime. It's been pleasant again, but it's inevitable that it will change again! Amour is coming out of the wardrobe in anticipation! :D

I can not wait for the return of BB! Roll on!
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum is the best bit of Big Brorher, it's why I'm still watching after the two garbage series' served up by Sky!

I just LOVE it!

But agree It's horrible when you're defending. Can't believe people are whining about how badly Jay was treated on here, yes his fans were in a minority but were more than vocal and combined with Aaron haters there was plenty of balance. It was only after the show that all the Jay fans disappeared and there was less of a voice.

Stuff said about Faye by Aaron fans and haters alike was just hideous. 1 poster was particularly bad.

I agree it's never come close to the Nikki V Ash wars.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    You should have been here for Series 7 for the Nikki v Aisleyne fan war

Makes the Jay v Aaron war seem tame

At least Nikki had quite a lot of support on the forums. A Jay supporter would have been very lonely indeed here!
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    ah BB banter, looking forward to the first gate!

haha great aint it lol
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    This forum is the best bit of Big Brorher, it's why I'm still watching after the two garbage series' served up by Sky!

I just LOVE it!

But agree It's horrible when you're defending. Can't believe people are whining about how badly Jay was treated on here, yes his fans were in a minority but were more than vocal and combined with Aaron haters there was plenty of balance. It was only after the show that all the Jay fans disappeared and there was less of a voice.

Stuff said about Faye by Aaron fans and haters alike was just hideous. 1 poster was particularly bad.

I agree it's never come close to the Nikki V Ash wars.

BIB What does this mean?
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    BIB What does this mean?

Whoops, I meant 5 dammit can't edit now.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is pleasant at the minute. The reason the show is still going is because of the noise it produces. People who watch it, can and do get so into it, that the housemates end up feeling like friends to you and you know them and feel like you must defend them.

Its amazing really, not many other shows can do that. X Factor being the only other one perhaps but that is on a less level.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just love it the show, even after all these years. And do you know what? At the time when the series is on and channel 5 are manipulating the series to their gain it winds me up, but I hate to admit it, it kind of adds to the experience. It makes the tele unmissable for me!
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum will get even busier when live coverage is on :D
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah but the disagreements are all part of it. As ever anyone with a bit of a competitive streak in the house will be a figure of hate, which is a shame, I love the scheming and bitching. Last year was brilliant, they all got stuck in to the game.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaah, it's good to be back. :D
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just love it the show, even after all these years. And do you know what? At the time when the series is on and channel 5 are manipulating the series to their gain it winds me up, but I hate to admit it, it kind of adds to the experience. It makes the tele unmissable for me!
    Its about entertainment. I agree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    Last year was my first bb on ds so have nothing to compare it too. I'm looking forward to it all :)
    The trick is, take everything very seriously. ;)
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BB forum is my favourite forum on DS! I have been reading the forum for a few years even before I joined andlove how passionate everyone gets! BB13 was the first BB in a while where I had been desperate for someone to win (Aaron) and got so into it and loved reading everyones similar opinions on here. However, I forget all about the housemates when it's over and couldn't care less:D
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    At least Nikki had quite a lot of support on the forums. A Jay supporter would have been very lonely indeed here!

Try being a JohnJames BB11 Supporter :eek: By the end There was only a couple of us:o the rest had been driven away :( But me and Cornchips were to stubborn and became the last 2 standing :eek: :D