Three mobile contract early upgrade

christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, I was just looking for a little advice if possible.
I have a contract with Three mobile which I received a free HTC wildfire s with, I started the contract about a year ago and my upgrade isn't due until sept 3013. However my phone is a bit touchy, it doesn't work right at all. I sometimes can't even get the screen to work.
I was just wondering where I stand if I asked for an early upgrade, is that possible? The phone is very tempermental and has been since I had it.

Comments

• Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can upgrade up to 3 months before the end of your contract, that 3 months is then moved on to the new one.

Your best bet is to try a factory reset or claim under warranty if it's faulty assuming it is covered. It's only a £99 phone so you could always buy an alternative £100 Android sim free / PAYG then use it on your existing contract.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    You can upgrade up to 3 months before the end of your contract, that 3 months is then moved on to the new one.

Your best bet is to try a factory reset or claim under warranty if it's faulty assuming it is covered.

I still have another 12 months left, so I can't go with the forst option.

If I was to claim under warranty would I be able to go for a completely different handset? I'd never have a HTC again, nothing but problems :(
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have another 12 months left, so I can't go with the forst option.

If I was to claim under warranty would I be able to go for a completely different handset? I'd never have a HTC again, nothing but problems :(

I persume they would repair it, and if it was beyond repair replace it, however im sure you can only choose a new phone if its been in to repair 2/3 times

ive had a htc desire s for 18 months and its been amazing, its not working properly now due to my own fault
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I persume they would repair it, and if it was beyond repair replace it, however im sure you can only choose a new phone if its been in to repair 2/3 times

ive had a htc desire s for 18 months and its been amazing, its not working properly now due to my own fault

Ok, thanks :) I think I'll go into the store one day and see what they say. I wish I'd gone for a desire or something, the wildfire s hasn't been very good for me.
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks :) I think I'll go into the store one day and see what they say. I wish I'd gone for a desire or something, the wildfire s hasn't been very good for me.

Wildfires aren't the best to be honest. The newer HTCs are fine, I have a Desire HD and never had an issue, the occasional crash but nothing major. Give them a call and explain the issue, maybe they can swap it for another phone that is in the same price range? My mum had serious problem with her phone, she talked to three, they gave her a new phone, but it was still a Desire. But it worked a lot better. So it could just be your particular handset being faulty, not Wildfires in general.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    Wildfires aren't the best to be honest. The newer HTCs are fine, I have a Desire HD and never had an issue, the occasional crash but nothing major. Give them a call and explain the issue, maybe they can swap it for another phone that is in the same price range? My mum had serious problem with her phone, she talked to three, they gave her a new phone, but it was still a Desire. But it worked a lot better. So it could just be your particular handset being faulty, not Wildfires in general.

My niece and sister have the same phones and have problems. My sister has had her fixed 4 times :confused:
    I'd really like to upgrade my contract and phone really, I will go in and ask them though. Maybe they'll be having a slow day and want an upgrade or something, I dunno :)
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My niece and sister have the same phones and have problems. My sister has had her fixed 4 times :confused:
    I'd really like to upgrade my contract and phone really, I will go in and ask them though. Maybe they'll be having a slow day and want an upgrade or something, I dunno :)

Unlikely to happen as the cost of the phone has been spread across your contract. You won't have paid enough to cover the cost of the phone and the service agreement yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Hi, I was just looking for a little advice if possible.
    I have a contract with Three mobile which I received a free HTC wildfire s with, I started the contract about a year ago and my upgrade isn't due until sept 3013. However my phone is a bit touchy, it doesn't work right at all. I sometimes can't even get the screen to work.
    I was just wondering where I stand if I asked for an early upgrade, is that possible? The phone is very tempermental and has been since I had it.

hi notworth it just go to three website and buy a pay as you go handset and give the pay as you go sim to a friend use your pay monthly sim in your pay and go phone

you can order on line with a debit card here think all phone have free delivery http://store.three.co.uk/Mobile_Phones/Pay_As_You_Go

i rang up a week ago to see if i could do early upgrade bearng in mind 2nly had two months at the time they wanted £65 from me so i cancelled it