• RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike!
    I do however like dancing on ice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen might get upset again if he gets nasty and run off to Chris Dean, wailing.
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well thats made my mind up then, I won't watch it if he is in it, its a backward move and shows how desperate the show has become to attract audiences by having a Simon Cowell type Nasty Guy who
    everyone just loves to boo....yawn! I hope call the midwife is back!
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry Louie wont be back. I liked him loads more than Jason who's idea of a critique is to make nasty personal comments.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Im all for it. The panel needed some bite back in it. Just keep a fence between Karen, him and the audience at all times and we should be okay :)
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    I'm for it too.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news. Louie was useless. People seem to forget that Jason critiqued better too. And yeah, he was actually funny...
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Good, couldn't stand Louie. Also a bit annoyed that Katarina Witt is no longer a judge, she was one of the best things in the show last year.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd move Jane and Chris over to the panel and have new people help create the routines.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I wish they'd move Jane and Chris over to the panel and have new people help create the routines.

Like it or not the show would not have been half as successful without Jayne & Chris.

I know people criticise the samey choreography but (and this is potentially a big problem with the show and why ratings have fallen in recent years) there is really only so much you can teach novice skaters even the more talented ones. Bringing back Jason as a desperate measure won't tackle these more fundamental problems with the show.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Like it or not the show would not have been half as successful without Jayne & Chris.

I know people criticise the samey choreography but (and this is potentially a big problem with the show and why ratings have fallen in recent years) there is really only so much you can teach novice skaters even the more talented ones. Bringing back Jason as a desperate measure won't tackle these more fundamental problems with the show.

They'd still be on it they just wouldn't be choreographing :p
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Tiger Rose wrote: »

Great post and sums up the problems with the show well.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse is who the new female judge may be, had a bad feeling about this and looks like it's true, Hayley Tamaddon is possibly the new judge, are they really THAT desperate?
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it desperate to have Haley as a Judge? I think its a good choice, she can skate and can see thinks from a skaters angle, unlike Jason who knows sod all about skating and not much more about dancing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    Why is it desperate to have Haley as a Judge? I think its a good choice, she can skate and can see thinks from a skaters angle, unlike Jason who knows sod all about skating and not much more about dancing!

It isn't desperate at all! I think Hayley would be a good choice too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is their version of Alesha Dixon. She might last for a while and finally be replaced by the DOI version of Darcey Bussell, whoever that may be.

I thought of a female former winner as a judge, but thought it would have been Suzanne Shaw.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful idea to have Hayley - in all honesty they shouldn't have any previous contestant on the panel. Have a proper skater, one with years of experience. She's hardly a good substitute for Katarina Witt. :(

Also will she be truly objective judging Dan & his partners? I have my doubts.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Whilst I'm not too thrilled at the propsect of Hayley replacing Katerina on the judging panel, it could be a lot worse IMO. At least she has some grasp of the intricacies of ice dancing - she could be better than some people expect!

Also just my opinion, but I think having Jason back seems a lot more desperate as it's like admitting that DOI is rubbish without him (which it's not).
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    If we're getting Hayley why cant we have Laura Hamilton or someone not annoying haha
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Hayley? Urgh. Wasn't a fan of her. No doubt she will be sucking up to Dan every opportunity. Pretty sure there are actual professional skaters out there that could have came in.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kati's going?

Nooooooo :(
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »
    Hayley? Urgh. Wasn't a fan of her. No doubt she will be sucking up to Dan every opportunity. Pretty sure there are actual professional skaters out there that could have came in.

More likely she'll have it in for Dan's partner :rolleyes:
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how it's being assumed already what she'll be like with Dan.

Can everyone just be reminded that this is the show that had Emma Bunton as a judge for two series, a woman that can't skate (unlike Hayley) and I'm pretty certain could never dance as well as her either. And she hardly had the personality of someone loved by all. So, on that basis, it's a step up from some line-ups (we could add Ruthie here too - I just shudder at the thought).

I'd rather have Katarina, but it could be worse. Having Jason back counters any negative feeling for me.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Emma was great haha
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry Louie wont be back. I liked him loads more than Jason who's idea of a critique is to make nasty personal comments.

I couldn't agree more. Last year was the first time I enjoyed the show in its entirety, previously Jason always spoiled it for me. Sorry to hear Katerina won't be coming back either :(