Options

The Tassimo Thread

Comments

• Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Sainsburys are doing three for ten pounds on costa and carte noire and Cadbury pods
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    BigT2207 wrote: »
    i saw them in Sainsburys here in Norwich. I like the Chai Latte the only thing with the Tassimo machine is I would like the drink to be a lot hotter.

Big T

I love both the Chai lattes, pity there are only 8 in the packs.

And I usually just heat the mug with boiling water before making my drink, makes all the difference.:)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    Sainsburys are doing three for ten pounds on costa and carte noire and Cadbury pods

Thanks for letting us know - I'm running short on Latte and Hot Choc :)
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member

Search the web for a money off code, order off the Tassimo site this weekend, it's free delivery, and get about 7 packs for around £15. If you fancy more choice that is.:D
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used only to make Suchard hot chocolate in mine, not coffee, but despite cleaning the machine frequently the piercing unit got so blocked with choc residue that I had to replace it for nearly £10. Until then I was only getting about half a small mug of drink out of it. It is much better now but I am not going to make hot choc in my Tassimo any more.:kitty:
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I used only to make Suchard hot chocolate in mine, not coffee, but despite cleaning the machine frequently the piercing unit got so blocked with choc residue that I had to replace it for nearly £10. Until then I was only getting about half a small mug of drink out of it. It is much better now but I am not going to make hot choc in my Tassimo any more.:kitty:

All I can say to that is you need to try cleaning the piercing unit once you've used it.
    If you don't clean it then it's no wonder it was blocked up. You do know you can take it apart don't you?
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    All I can say to that is you need to try cleaning the piercing unit once you've used it.
    If you don't clean it then it's no wonder it was blocked up. You do know you can take it apart don't you?

Of course I do having had a tassimo since year dot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course I do having had a tassimo since year dot.

Then I'm left rather baffled as to how it gets clogged with chocolate :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Currently x3 for £10 in Asda.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently x3 for £10 in Asda.

Copying Sainsburys then. I got a load last week, should last for a while.
    Drinking a nice double espresso black from my Gaggia at the moment. Better than any pod machine, but takes a little longer.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either a local Tesco or Asda had a load of short dated boxes reduced instore to 15p a pack just before xmas and my daughter came out with three carrier bags full to the top. Not a bad cup of Joe to be honest.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a Tassimo coffee machine last week on a special offer and the coffee tastes fantastic.
    However when I use the larger cup 325ml sized Costa Lattes it then only gives me about 200ml total liquid (latte plus milk)

I know you can press and hold the button for more liquid, but surely 325ml pods should give me 325ml of coffee at the end of it?

I've cleaned it many times to see if that would help but it hasn't.

Is it standard not to get the quoted amount of coffee quoted on the packets, or am I missing something? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clank007 wrote: »
    I bought a Tassimo coffee machine last week on a special offer and the coffee tastes fantastic.
    However when I use the larger cup 325ml sized Costa Lattes it then only gives me about 200ml total liquid (latte plus milk)

I know you can press and hold the button for more liquid, but surely 325ml pods should give me 325ml of coffee at the end of it?

I've cleaned it many times to see if that would help but it hasn't.

Is it standard not to get the quoted amount of coffee quoted on the packets, or am I missing something? :confused:
    Have you made sure there's no marks on the barcode scanner?
    I'm using the Tassimo Latte glasses which do hold 325ml when filled to the top.
    When using the Costa Latte's usually I get around 300ml of drink the rest is frothy milk, but sometimes the levels of froth do vary from time to time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When I use costa latte pods I tend to get what it says I will

But I use the nicer carte noire ones now

Try 'running through' a couple of clear water cycles and try again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you made sure there's no marks on the barcode scanner?
    I'm using the Tassimo Latte glasses which do hold 325ml when filled to the top.
    When using the Costa Latte's usually I get around 300ml of drink the rest is frothy milk, but sometimes the levels of froth do vary from time to time.

Hi, thanks, yes I have checked and there are no marks on the barcode scanner.

The latte pod for 325ml seems to be the same size as the Americano pod for a smaller cup size though? Should it be a lot thicker, as in the same as the milk pods?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I use costa latte pods I tend to get what it says I will

But I use the nicer carte noire ones now

Try 'running through' a couple of clear water cycles and try again

Hi, thanks. I have just ran 2 water cycles using the cleaning t-pod and processed another 325ml latte but I still only get half a large mug (200ml) in total including the milk.
    Maybe I have a faulty tassimo? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi, thanks. I have just ran 2 water cycles using the cleaning t-pod and processed another 325ml latte but I still only get half a large mug (200ml) in total including the milk.

Sounds a bit strange- you should have a bigger finished drink then The Americano- maybe you have a faulty set of latte pods, are they all from the same pack?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds a bit strange- you should have a bigger finished drink then The Americano- maybe you have a faulty set of latte pods, are they all from the same pack?

Yes they are - I'll try one from another packet tomorrow morning and see if this makes a difference - I hope it does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi, thanks, yes I have checked and there are no marks on the barcode scanner.

The latte pod for 325ml seems to be the same size as the Americano pod for a smaller cup size though? Should it be a lot thicker, as in the same as the milk pods?

It's only the milk pods that come in different sizes, it's the bar codes that tell the machine what brew cycle and how much water to use.
  • Options
    Forum Member

How are you measuring this 200ml, just by the mug or a measuring jug?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes they are - I'll try one from another packet tomorrow morning and see if this makes a difference - I hope it does

Just thought they might be cappuccino pod volume, perhaps a code error
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are you measuring this 200ml, just by the mug or a measuring jug?

Hi, I'm measuring it by using a measuring jug.

I tried a different packet of milk and Costa lattes this morning with the same issue.
    As a test I made another mug full and held the button in to increase the amount of water for the coffee but it made it very weak.

I suppose I'll just have to stick to small cup expressos from now on...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    3 for £10 in Tesco.
    I'm glad about this as they stock more varieties than Asda & Saisburys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am extremely disappointed this evening with my Tassimo.
    I spent £5 on a Cadburys hot chocolate packet of 8 drinks today and the result of my first mug of hot choc was in fact less than half a mug.

The amount should be 265ml but I got just over 100ml - i feel now as if i've really wasted my money on this machine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am extremely disappointed this evening with my Tassimo.
    I spent £5 on a Cadburys hot chocolate packet of 8 drinks today and the result of my first mug of hot choc was in fact less than half a mug.

The amount should be 265ml but I got just over 100ml - i feel now as if i've really wasted my money on this machine

Why not just take it back for a replacement as you may have a faulty unit?