Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• munchy_memunchy_me Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. Look what Wagfree Bakery (the new boyf's business have written on their Facebook page....
    As some may be aware, one of us has recently taken up with someone from his past, who has since become a notorious columnist on a newspaper neither of us reads. Apparently she exposes her private life (and hence, David's) in her column in great detail.
    But it has absolutely nothing to do with this business, which exists to provide great food to people - like David, who has coeliac disease - who can't eat wheat or gluten.

I don't think it's fair to our hard-working staff or to the many people who come here to find out about our bread, pies, cakes and pastries to hijack this page to make facetious comments about anyone, even obliquely. I will, therefore, delete such posts immediately. Although some of them have made me giggle.

(And in response to the rumour that has been reported to me, that the said paper has paid for our new production kitchen, all I can say is, "I wish....")
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Just wait for tomorrows offering

In which I expect my readers to believe that the words

"'Every chance I get, I look at it. I am so thrilled and proud that you
    have chosen me. I still keep thinking I should not be so lucky. What have I done to deserve you? I live in fear that it's not real. That it will turn out to be a cruel joke. Is it possible to love someone too much?'"

were ever uttered by a man!

Pah :mad:
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member

have chosen me. I still keep thinking I should not be so lucky. What have I done to deserve you? I live in fear that it's not real. That it will turn out to be a cruel joke. Is it possible to love someone too much?'"

The "it" in question being a photo of Liz in a bikini......:eek:
    Forum Member
    The "it" in question being a photo of Liz in a bikini......:eek:

I didnt want to traumatize DS before it was necessary lol :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    She seems to have had a complete personality transplant in a matter of weeks since re-meeting David Scrace. Previously she avoided intimate contact, did she not? She's obviously raiding Barbara Cartland's back catalogue for her male dialogue though.
    Forum Member
    RegMonkey wrote: »
    She seems to have had a complete personality transplant in a matter of weeks since re-meeting David Scrace. Previously she avoided intimate contact, did she not? She's obviously raiding Barbara Cartland's back catalogue for her male dialogue though.

From Ice Maiden to Wanton Hussy in a matter of hours. I've heard the term sexual awakening many times, but this does take the biscuit a bit
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I didnt want to traumatize DS before it was necessary lol :p

I thought it was kinder for them to be prepared :D
    Forum Member
    I thought it was kinder for them to be prepared :D

Brace! Brace! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    There was good signal on that long Road trip in the middle of nowhere too
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She really needs to quit trying to be a journalist and just go and write for Mills & Boone at this point.

Why has she not been sacked? She hasn't cut it as a troll for a long time so what are the Fail getting out of her ramblings?
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really needs to quit trying to be a journalist and just go and write for Mills & Boone at this point.

Why has she not been sacked? She hasn't cut it as a troll for a long time so what are the Fail getting out of her ramblings?

She probably knows where the bodies are buried at the mail and could bring them down :D
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    read the dreary.... good god, what man talks like that?

And how come she has suddenly gone from "fannyfridge" to "rumpybunny"? Wonder how long she'll wait to complain about him messing up her "hand woven fairtrade organic free range cotton 6000 thread Egyptian sheets" or nag him for not wiping the bottom of the milk bottle before he puts it in the fridge?

Oh! And well done Liz for royally making me cross with your article about stay at home mums. I'm sorry you will never understand about the needs of putting others first and I'm so sorry you felt your mother wasted her life bringing you and your siblings up.

My mum never wasted her life by being a stay at home mum. She had more friends than you will ever have, had hobbies, was clever and more "down with the kids" than I could ever dream of being. At at her funeral people had to stand outside in the rain as there wasn't enough room for everyone who turned up.

And how come she can never write an article about another woman without mentioning their weight, how they might dress and their sex live?

Newsflash Liz!!! not all stay at home mums are frumpy, eat their kids leftover food or are lacking in brain cells, drive or friends. And you want to know about how often they have sex with their husbands??! Why?! To mock them? What happens if are having more sex than you did when you were married??! Hmm??

If Liz had her way women would never have children or all kids would be put into baby camps from 7am to 7pm so mummy and daddy can go to work. Oh wait, that DOES happen to my friends who work full time and have kids.

Articles like this just show what a sad, shallow, selfish, narrow-minded, bitter excuse for a woman that she is.

(and I don't have kids)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    She probably knows where the bodies are buried at the mail and could bring them down :D

It's literally the only possible explaination.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Incredible, isn't it?! And let's not forget his fascination with her clothes ("What was the last thing you bought?" he asks, perusing her wardrobe in fascination, yeah, right, because men really do do this!) and his amazing memory for what she was wearing when....Liz, have you ever actually met a man in real life?!

Gotta laugh at her using the Facebook post to fill a couple of paragraphs in the Diary. A couple of weeks ago it was the MailOnline comments...before that it was David's texts....she certainly does make good use of other people's words! I reckon it's only a matter of weeks before we start seeing DS posts making up the wordcount.... :)
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    Incredible, isn't it?! And let's not forget his fascination with her clothes ("What was the last thing you bought?" he asks, perusing her wardrobe in fascination, yeah, right, because men really do do this!) and his amazing memory for what she was wearing when....Liz, have you ever actually met a man in real life?!

Gotta laugh at her using the Facebook post to fill a couple of paragraphs in the Diary. A couple of weeks ago it was the MailOnline comments...before that it was David's texts....she certainly does make good use of other people's words! I reckon it's only a matter of weeks before we start seeing DS posts making up the wordcount.... :)

I saw the posts which led to the Facebook post by WAGfree. They were humorous and good-natured and were taken in good spirit by the people there. Seriously, there was no drama, no "infection", no meddling. But the truth doesnt make good copy does it (although the lies arent making good copy either). There wasnt even that many. Its quite simple, if she doesnt want people to go to the FB page, then STOP NAMING THEM. Its hardly rocket science is it.

Stupid woman.

David seems like a decent type of bloke but I find it incredible that he allows himself to be emasculated like this week after week.

And as for the other dross she published today, all I can say is she needs to take more water with it
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice also that although she quotes part of the text from the bakery's FB page, she notably omits this part:

"... who has since become a notorious columnist on a newspaper neither of us reads. Apparently she exposes her private life (and hence, David's) in her column in great detail."

Funny that.

Mind you, I have no right to an opinion, as I am a 'non-person' and a 'self-indulgent frump'. Despite the fact that I have enough money to support my family through the stay-at-home years with my Giant Feral Child and don't have to ask my husband permission to buy a bra (or whatever nonsense she was spouting).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting... I posted a comment on her article on the Mail online about her drivel about stay at home mums and there isn't one comment up yet.

Makes me wonder if the the mods there are not allowing any comments up on anything she says these days...
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    Notice also that although she quotes part of the text from the bakery's FB page, she notably omits this part:

"... who has since become a notorious columnist on a newspaper neither of us reads. Apparently she exposes her private life (and hence, David's) in her column in great detail."

Funny that.

Mind you, I have no right to an opinion, as I am a 'non-person' and a 'self-indulgent frump'. Despite the fact that I have enough money to support my family through the stay-at-home years with my Giant Feral Child and don't have to ask my husband permission to buy a bra (or whatever nonsense she was spouting).

What the heck does she do that's important? She comments on fashion purporting to like butter soft leather when she's a so called vegan. Not much really is it?
    Forum Member
    Bandita wrote: »
    What the heck does she do that's important? She comments on fashion purporting to like butter soft leather when she's a so called vegan. Not much really is it?

Today you can be split as a woman who wears a shirt, or a floosie in a sheer blouse. It has to be one of the most underwhelming fashion articles I've ever read :sleep:
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've come to the radical conclusion that she may - wait for it, shock horror - actually be in love! :eek:

It's the only explanation I can think of for her terrible scribblings becoming even more nonsensical.

That, or she's farming the Dreary out to a bunch of romcom obsessed interns.
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    read it and seethe fellow Lizard loathers - lies, lies and more lies. How much further can she plumb the depths?

http://www.theproseccodiaries.com/2013/10/liz-jones-how-to-write-well-and-save-donkeys.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    read it and seethe fellow Lizard loathers - lies, lies and more lies. How much further can she plumb the depths?

http://www.theproseccodiaries.com/2013/10/liz-jones-how-to-write-well-and-save-donkeys.html

She gets paid 500K for writing that rubbish??

Seriously Daily Fail, happy to take over writing her dreary every week and bitching about other women, belming at clothes and not eating for say.... 250K a year?
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised no one commented on last week's farticle about an attractive young female contestant, Ruby, from cookery show. I don't watch the programme, and therefore didn't read the farticle, but from a just a brief glance it was obvious that she was conjuring some "women all jealous of pretty girl" controversy out of thin air. Meanwhile, Liz portrayed men as objective. This was achieved by Liz selecting about 10 tweets from the general public, with the supposed female's tweets all negative and hysterical, and the men's unemotional and nonplussed.

The motive of the article was so transparent is was ridiculous. And I didn't actually read it.

She has long run out of mileage for trolling. She has no more ideas and is therefore making stuff up as she goes along, dramatising and exaggerating every minute detail of her life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    She gets paid 500K for writing that rubbish??

And yet there are eldery people living in poverty who won't be able to afford to keep warm this winter.

Just another horrible reminder about how unfair and bonkers the world is. :(
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"I've made lots of mistakes, but I've never told a lie in print."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA