DS LGBT members thread (Part 9)

Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argh this doesn't ever happen but I feel really broody today. (For a relationship that is!)

I just really want to know what it's like, to do all the "couple" things like watching films on the sofa, going for walks in pretty/muddy places in wellies and meeting each others friends.

I usually feel content with being single but it's got me down today, I've only had one "thing" which lasted ages it wasn't really special. To me anyway.

Apologies for the mushiness. Maybe it's because I'm listening to Christina Perrie. :D I just feel like all my friends think I'm this carefree, "don't need no man" sassy player so it's embarrasing to say!
    I can empathise with all that. (Except the Christina Perrie ;) )

Sometimes it feels to me that being in a relationship is something for other people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too..... I can be a bit of a cuddle monster sometimes.....:D

I hate it when people give me limp hugs, that's the worst, that's not an embrace!
    Sometimes it feels to me that being in a relationship is something for other people.

I think so too. Last time I was in a serious relationship and moved in with him he drove me insane. Partly because he's a lazy bugger and partly because I have a low tolerance for those around me, especially if they live with me.

I make myself sound so unappealing on here ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I make myself sound so unappealing on here ^_^

Not at all. Its just you being you. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How bizarre, I was just replying to a new thread in GD about 'coming out stories' by a new member, and once I hit submit the thread was gone! It only had two replies.. wonder what happened?
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone

Hope everyone is well. I need to remember to post in here more.

Have any of you ever been on any dating sites? :blush: I'm signed up on a few but most you have to pay to 'message' someone and I refuse to pay *rolls eyes* I feel like I'm 'looking' when they ay love comes to find you.
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Hello everyone

Hope everyone is well. I need to remember to post in here more.

Have any of you ever been on any dating sites? :blush: I'm signed up on a few but most you have to pay to 'message' someone and I refuse to pay *rolls eyes* I feel like I'm 'looking' when they ay love comes to find you.

Apart from grindr (that's if you count that as a dating site) then no. I feel like I'll be alone forever (sorry for being a depressive so and so).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Apart from grindr (that's if you count that as a dating site) then no. I feel like I'll be alone forever (sorry for being a depressive so and so).

:( I'm sure you'll find someone :) I think a lot of people feel like they'll be alone forever. I do too sometimes. My sister went for a long time without a relationship but she's in a very happy one now :D
    Forum Member
    :( I'm sure you'll find someone :) I think a lot of people feel like they'll be alone forever. I do too sometimes. My sister went for a long time without a relationship but she's in a very happy one now :D

That's very kind of you :) I doubt I'll find someone in the near future. Sod's law I'm afraid. I'm not a very sociable person either which doesn't help. Aw yay for your sister :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not alone and try to be positive, it can and hopefully will happen to you too :)

I'm social with my friends but I rarely go out. Sad really =\ I go out more with my family than friends :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I'm the same Loopy. Its a Catch 22 in some ways.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brothers always pestering to get me on a dating site. He doesn't know I'm TG, it getting somewhat awkward....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^I'm the same Loopy. Its a Catch 22 in some ways.
    Yep. My problem is I have 3 sets of friends...one set live too far away so can't easily go out with them, the other set can't go out much due to their religion nad stuff which is fine so we do go out occasionally and the other set well....they don't invite me out much *sighs* Plus they love to go out drinking/clubbing and that isn't my scene. Plus I'm almost always poor, it causes me great anxiety and I don't like the noise due to my hearing issues meaning I feel the vibrations more than your average hearing person :p
    My brothers always pestering to get me on a dating site. He doesn't know I'm TG, it getting somewhat awkward....
    Ahh. Can I ask if you want to tell your family?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. My problem is I have 3 sets of friends...one set live too far away so can't easily go out with them, the other set can't go out much due to their religion nad stuff which is fine so we do go out occasionally and the other set well....they don't invite me out much *sighs* Plus they love to go out drinking/clubbing and that isn't my scene. Plus I'm almost always poor, it causes me great anxiety and I don't like the noise due to my hearing issues meaning I feel the vibrations more than your average hearing person :p

Ahh. Can I ask if you want to tell your family?

I've told some people. My mother, granny, and one of my brothers.... My families complicated even without this.

My other brother. He's a good man, but a bit thick. He's got a lot backward ideas. He won't let my nephew have a toy shopping tolly. I don't want to not see my nephew and niece.

He's already not speaking to my mother for other reasons.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've told some people. My mother, granny, and one of my brothers.... My families complicated even without this.

My other brother. He's a good man, but a bit thick. He's got a lot backward ideas. He won't let my nephew have a toy shopping tolly. I don't want to not see my nephew and niece.

He's already not speaking to my mother for other reasons.....

Ah I can see that'll be difficult :( I wish I had some useful advice for you *hugs if I may*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry I can't offer much advice FP. It's good that you've told quite a few family members, but I can understand the issue with your brother - it must be difficult. Perhaps its best to look on the positives for now and keep things as they are. If that makes sense..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to post yet another YT vid, but this made me chuckle (plus I want to be like the hip kids and share viral video before its trendy! ;) )

Navy Baseball does Frozen
    aka 'Brozen'
    Two Navy baseball players lipsync 'Love Is An Open Door" from Frozen.

:D
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's amazing, I love lip-syncs anyway, haha great find.
    Forum Member
    Ben Hardy (Peter Beale from EastEnders) has got his kit off for Attitude Magazine. And good lord he's looking mighty fine! http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3456649.ece/alternates/s1227b/Ben-Hardy-Attitude-Magazine.jpg

How can HE be Ian Beale's son? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves to all*

Trying to do work, have almost managed 300 words now and should feel positive about it but I don't =\
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's amazing, I love lip-syncs anyway, haha great find.
    Thanks.

I love that there's so much love for the films OST. Doesn't hurt that they're hecka cute n' all. ;)
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Ben Hardy (Peter Beale from EastEnders) has got his kit off for Attitude Magazine. And good lord he's looking mighty fine! http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3456649.ece/alternates/s1227b/Ben-Hardy-Attitude-Magazine.jpg

How can HE be Ian Beale's son? :p
    Wowzers..
    *waves to all*

Trying to do work, have almost managed 300 words now and should feel positive about it but I don't =\

*waves back*

Coooeeeee!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves back*

Coooeeeee!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm good ta, and you?