Radio Wales being too safe and boring?

This is an opinion saying that BBC Radio Wales has been playing it safe too much and the presenters just arent good enough:
http://www.welshnot.com/people/radio-wales-horror/

Comments

• ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,823
    Forum Member
    I can't get the link to open, though it does say The Unspeakable Horror of Radio Wales, which is not something I agree with.
    Twelve months ago it was in need of a revamp, it's had one and I think it sounds great now

Its a shame 657khz in the north doesn't get the opt outs now, but you can't have everything.

Jason Mohammed and Adam Walton are my favourites
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Shrewn wrote: »
    I can't get the link to open, though it does say The Unspeakable Horror of Radio Wales, which is not something I agree with.
    Twelve months ago it was in need of a revamp, it's had one and I think it sounds great now

Its a shame 657khz in the north doesn't get the opt outs now, but you can't have everything.

I find his phone-ins dull in the extreme. He maybe has one good one every three weeks.

I love Nelli Bird though.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lynn Bowles is on Bank Holiday Monday.
  • Rob793Rob793 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »

I like Jason Mohammed. Does he still do the lunchtime phone in? I listen here in Cheshire on 657 or 882. Agree about the split programming.

Was chuffed to see Jason on the snooker! Has he done TV work in Wales before, as I get Granada?
    Forum Member
    Rob793 wrote: »
    I like Jason Mohammed. Does he still do the lunchtime phone in? I listen here in Cheshire on 657 or 882. Agree about the split programming.

Was chuffed to see Jason on the snooker! Has he done TV work in Wales before, as I get Granada?

Yes he's on between 10-1.

He's done a fair bit on the sport front, Scrum V and lots of football reporting.
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    I find his phone-ins dull in the extreme. He maybe has one good one every three weeks.

I guess any topical show can be like this, I have no interest in Cardiff Airport, for example, and it seems to have taken up a lot of air time, but I find Jason pretty easy going and makes the listener feel involved. I prefer him to his predecessor, Richard Evans, who was a little bit like a rather stern Headmaster!
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Since the OPs website link appears to be a parody, perhaps this thread should also be viewed as such?
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,888
    Forum Member
    Since the OPs website link appears to be a parody, perhaps this thread should also be viewed as such?

I thought it was quite amusing. I don't listen to Radio Wales, but I can imagine it's not the OP's favourite station and, as such, it made me chuckle at his writing. He gives good copy.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,908
    Forum Member
    I can't see the point of it. I listen to Radio Cymru which has a raison d'etre as a Welsh medium station.... but if I want good speech radio then I'll put Radio 4 on. And there are plenty of music stations.
  • 882657882657 Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ! dont agree with this thread. The morning and evening news programmes and the coverage of current affairs from 9am to Ipm is reasonable on weekdays. The 8 am Sundays politics programme is very good.
    Some of the music programmes seem to be aimed at people aged one hundred plus. But that doesnt bother me.