Options

Psychic possibly caused early death of Amanda Berry's mother.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    bollywood wrote: »
    I would agree about the authority part, but psychics will exist regardless of people using them or not.

Nonsense. If nobody paid to use psychics, all these charlatans (especially those like millionairesses Sylvia Browne and Magic Sally) would find something else to do. The creepy and fraudulent "psychic industry" is based on making very easy money from vulnerable women, who quite often have lost loved ones and desperately want to be told the deceased are not truly gone. If there was no profit to be made, the number of psychics would dry up, and we would be left with perhaps a tiny sprinkling of mad old cat women who genuinely thought they had magic powers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's quite a few videos on Youtube "exposing" her. I watched one a while ago and she told a woman who's husbands body was never found that he drowned...his widow looked so confused and told Sylvia that he had died in the collapse of the towers on 9/11.

Sylvia was still trying to say that he somehow had drowned inside the towers...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Calien01 wrote: »
    There's quite a few videos on Youtube "exposing" her. I watched one a while ago and she told a woman who's husbands body was never found that he drowned...his widow looked so confused and told Sylvia that he had died in the collapse of the towers on 9/11.

Sylvia was still trying to say that he somehow had drowned inside the towers...:rolleyes:

She should have said "Well he drowned in bricks and jetfuel then".

I really do not hold these fraudsters in any regard whatsoever, it's just a pity that because they market themselves as entertainers they're allowed to get away with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Similar to the Amanda Berry story, a young boy (I think) was abducted, Sylvia told his parents he was dead and described where they could possibly look for his body....sometime later the kid was found alive and well.

I don't how people like her keep getting work :confused:
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Calien01 wrote: »
    Similar to the Amanda Berry story, a young boy (I think) was abducted, Sylvia told his parents he was dead and described where they could possibly look for his body....sometime later the kid was found alive and well.

I don't how people like her keep getting work :confused:

Because there are plenty of people around ever ready with an excuse.

We hear them time and again on threads like this - psychics can't be right all the time, scepticism blocks psychic powers, until every single person claiming psychics powers has been tested and shown to be a charlatan we must assume psychic abilities are real... And so it goes on, and psychics continue to feed their bank accounts and egos, and the excuse-makers congratulate themselves on being open minded.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's ridiculous to suggest that everyone who claims psychic powers has been tested, or even will be soon. That just feeds into the usual misinformation about psychics based on TV personalities. That is like assuming you know about marriage because you watched Kim.Kardasian.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    It's ridiculous to suggest that everyone who claims psychic powers has been tested, or even will be soon. That just feeds into the usual misinformation about psychics based on TV personalities. That is like assuming you know about marriage because you watched Kim.Kardasian.
    There's abundant and conclusive proof that many millions of people have been married, yet the number of proven psychics remains stuck at 0.

We don't need to know that "everyone who claims psychic powers has been tested". Just 1 proven psychic would be a start.