Options

Would you want a new spice girls album?

jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just seen this http://uk.eonline.com/news/424742/melanie-brown-leaves-door-open-for-another-spice-girls-album and even though I know this will never happen, I thought I would ask on here if you would want a new spice girls album.

I am a MASSIVE fan and have been since I was five so we're going back 17 years LOL [Gawd I feel old lol], I personally think that if they got with the right producers and songwriters and really took time to develop a new, fresh sound for them, I genuninely think they could make a really good pop/RnB album

Comments

• Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them, but I honestly think their moment has passed. They did a good job of ending things with their reunion tour which was really done and the Olympics. Suppose they release a new album and it's awful. It would leave a bad taste in people's mouths. I guess it depends on why they do it. If they do it because they like being together and they want to give their fans one final gift, then great. But if they think even with top producers they are going to have some big hit and make a big comeback, then they should forget it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved them in their peak but it just wouldn't be the same now.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would rather hear a new album by Nicola Roberts following up the brilliant first one, Cinderella's Eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way, they are way past their sell-by date! Dated and cheesy
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I would rather hear a new album by Nicola Roberts following up the brilliant first one, Cinderella's Eyes.

lol, what has Nicola got to do with Spice Girls!?
    ...random:D
  • Options
    marcusgvmarcusgv Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    lol, what has Nicola got to do with Spice Girls!?
    ...random:D

I was thinking that too...
  • Options
    Francine_OBrienFrancine_OBrien Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I never liked The Spice Girls but my young daughter did, besides some of the girls are rubbish singers so a big NO from me.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ADORE the Spice Girls, but no way would I want a new album. They really were an act 'of their time' and should stay like that! I love listening to their albums and feeling 13 again lol in saying that, they can keep doing reunion tours forever and I'll continue going, but only for their 90s hits! :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I liked them but they've had their day now so I don't think a new album would be all that successful if it was released.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no real market for them now I don't think. They were very much a time and a place act. They were the 90s to be honest and the new pop wave they created is legacy enough as its still around today.

However I would be interested in having all the B sides and the demos put onto a new album release. Some of those B sides like Take Me Home were fantastic and perhaps could have even been singles themselves. Plus it was kinda interesting hearing that recent demo leak from 1995. There must be dozens more like it.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Nope!
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd have to reinvent themselves like "Take That." A couple of ballads are ok, but they shouldn't release it as their lead single. What people really want are more songs that you can dance too. But I don't think the electronic dance style would suit them. Cheesy dance pop is still going strong, so they should do that.