Lorraine Kelly should be off air

craig_joesoncraig_joeson Posts: 76
Forum Member
I cannot stand that women as she is too light and doesnt take anything serious also she should have been off air when daybreak too over GMTV dont know why she is still hanging on sooner or later she has to go

Comments

• JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's just one of those people who don't take life too seriously and tries to enjoy herself?
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her interviews have always been utter rubbish. she just sucks up to them tells them how great they are. good thing is, she hardly appears on her own show anyway
  • craig_joesoncraig_joeson Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    take her off air and replace it with a 1hr of news program or debate or something
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    take her off air and replace it with a 1hr of news program or debate or something

Come on! This is ITV we are talking about!

But i do agree, she is rubbish
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes, 'cos there'd be a massive audience for serious debate at that time in a morning, wouldn't there?

Workers are heading off to work, non-workers are still in bed (or if they're women, feeding and getting the kids off to school).
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you watch on Fridays your wish will be fulfilled.She also writes a weekly column in The Sun which is usually about herself.
  • craig_joesoncraig_joeson Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Oh yes, 'cos there'd be a massive audience for serious debate at that time in a morning, wouldn't there?

Workers are heading off to work, non-workers are still in bed (or if they're women, feeding and getting the kids off to school).

henc why it needs to be off air as no body watches it everyone is at school or work also she is useless and nothing to talk as same subject every week very repetitve she needs to go cant stand her
  • bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Lorraine !.. I wamt to shout... Love Lorraine !!
    so there! she is a natural she brings out the best in everyone she talks to everyone as if they are her best friends and I take exception to you lot belittling her
    She wouldn't be where she is without charisma and a natural easyness that puts interviewees at ease Shame on you all
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her interview with Amanda Knox was pretty good and hard hitting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    dont understand why she did the interview with amanda knox and aled had to just sit there.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Not everyone works regular hours.
  • ivqiiivqii Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    bluebottle wrote: »
    Love Lorraine !.. I wamt to shout... Love Lorraine !!
    so there! she is a natural she brings out the best in everyone she talks to everyone as if they are her best friends and I take exception to you lot belittling her
    She wouldn't be where she is without charisma and a natural easyness that puts interviewees at ease Shame on you all

That is her on-air persona

Apparently she is a horror to work work with and an utter bi -erm diva
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been plenty of Daybreak threads where the majority have expressed their dislike of Kelly, many refusing to watch when she's on. Personally, I can't stand her and find her fawning over guests especially the young boy bands embarassing. She constantly repeats the same word or phrase in one sentence and so ends up saying nothing much at all. She talks over guests and repeats what they say so, again, ruining any meaningful interview and as for the silly giggle and wrinkled nose....! :mad:
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must be doing something right.

The company I work for is sponsoring the show for the next few months!

(Least it wasn't Loose Women! )
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is dreadful. sycophantic in the extreme!! She has to fill the airwaves with inanity eg. really really really really really good! She is NOT, however. Didn't her husband swing the job for her, like the decorative but dim Holly Willoughby?Switch both of them off, that worked for me.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    ivqii wrote: »
    That is her on-air persona

Apparently she is a horror to work work with and an utter bi -erm diva

Oh yeah i totally believe she's very fake. Her and Holly - total bitch behind the scenes.
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    She is dreadful. sycophantic in the extreme!! She has to fill the airwaves with inanity eg. really really really really really good! She is NOT, however. Didn't her husband swing the job for her, like the decorative but dim Holly Willoughby?Switch both of them off, that worked for me.

BIB thought her husband was a camera man surely they don't have that much power. Totally agree she is awful & quite annoying too.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot stand that women as she is too light and doesnt take anything serious also she should have been off air when daybreak too over GMTV dont know why she is still hanging on sooner or later she has to go

Why are you watching her if you dislike her so much?:confused:
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's better than Phil Schofield, just has bad material. LK is fairly down to earth, having a season ticket for Dundee United and always ging back home for the weekend. I think if her show was made a bit broader in its appeal, she could do better.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB thought her husband was a camera man surely they don't have that much power. Totally agree she is awful & quite annoying too.

Very unlikely a cameraman would have any influence over the matter at all.
  • britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I would rather have Matt and Ranvir host the whole show. Far better chemistry and Lorraine, for me, is far too cringeworthy. She sucks up way too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would rather have Matt and Ranvir host the whole show. Far better chemistry and Lorraine, for me, is far too cringeworthy. She sucks up way too much.

Ah, so that's how she's kept the job! ( sorry :o )
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PWSJohn wrote: »
    dont understand why she did the interview with amanda knox and aled had to just sit there.
    Yes I have to agree. Aled never gets a word in and he's a better interviewer. Lorraine interrupts alot, never lets the interviewee get a chance to answer. I wish the producers would address this to Lorraine and give Aled more authority. She chirps away like a wee budgie. I do like her though as a person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been plenty of Daybreak threads where the majority have expressed their dislike of Kelly, many refusing to watch when she's on. Personally, I can't stand her and find her fawning over guests especially the young boy bands embarassing. She constantly repeats the same word or phrase in one sentence and so ends up saying nothing much at all. She talks over guests and repeats what they say so, again, ruining any meaningful interview and as for the silly giggle and wrinkled nose....! :mad:
    Yes I agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have to agree. Aled never gets a word in and he's a better interviewer. Lorraine interrupts alot, never lets the interviewee get a chance to answer. I wish the producers would address this to Lorraine and give Aled more authority. She chirps away like a wee budgie. I do like her though as a person.
    I just thought, perhaps when interviews are being conducted the producers could put a muffler on her mic so she cannot speak, like a time out or a Monitering system so we can hear the guest answer and speak.