Options

'Not to be sold separetly' - Trade In

lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was hoping to trade in Killzone Shadowfall at GAME, and pick up NFS, but I got KZ as part of a bundle with PS4, and the box is clearly marked with 'not to be sold separetly', and also has no barcode.

Will GAME still accept this as a trade in? I'm guessing not.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Comments

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game probably wont but think cex will
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, just would have been handy as got some gift cards for game
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Best bet would be to sell it on Gumtree or ebay, that's what I done with my copy
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware there is no law backing up the "not to be sold separately" thing. So you're good there.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mythica wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware there is no law backing up the "not to be sold separately" thing. So you're good there.

Yes it is probably the same as multi packs of cola. I phoned up trading standards and they said it is just an agreement between retailers and the manufacturers, but is not legally binding.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont know about game but i know cex definitely do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game scan the barcodes so they definitely won't.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GAME might, I brought a bundle copy of Forza 4 from them. Which was been sold in the pre-owned section. No barcode on that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news, they took it no problem. The guy just scanned a barcode from a stock copy. Only got £15 for it but would never play it again anyway. Thanks all!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work for game and have accepted those games in the past.

Nothing legally stopping you from selling on your games as that notice is to stop retailers from selling the game seperatly not you.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Game WILL.

They put their own barcode on after.

They have multiple copies of Knack for sale in my local one with 'not to be sold seperately' plastered all over it.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought Killzone in game preowned and it says not to be sold separately.

Not to be sold separately just refers to selling it new, not pre-owned.
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I bought Killzone in game preowned and it says not to be sold separately.

Not to be sold separately just refers to selling it new, not pre-owned.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't refer to anything legally.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mythica wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware it doesn't refer to anything legally.

No it's not illegal or anything but I don't imagine Sony being very happy about any retailers doing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been knocked back in the past by game with similar not for resale games.
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »

It's dependant on the game - if a code is given so as trade can be done it can (nationwide) but no codes, and obviously it won't scan.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

CEX gave me money for my 1st bundle copy of killzone!! :) ... They'll buy anything! lol :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I really don't understand cex's business. They give good money for most things but sell pretty dear. I don't see who really buys from them to give them a cash turnover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I really don't understand cex's business. They give good money for most things but sell pretty dear. I don't see who really buys from them to give them a cash turnover.

I'd favour buing pre-owned from CEX,as opposed to Game. I generally find them cheaper...albeit their clientele is slightly less desireable. :D

Unfortuntately my main Christmas and birthday gifts are usually Game vouchers from family.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lawrenma2 wrote: »
    I'd favour buing pre-owned from CEX,as opposed to Game. I generally find them cheaper...albeit their clientele is slightly less desireable. :D

Unfortuntately my main Christmas and birthday gifts are usually Game vouchers from family.

Allot of my mates use CEX as a DVD rental service! ... Buy!, Watch!, Trade! ... (Repeat!!) :D
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CEX are pretty good for selling stuff. I sold my old iPhone 4s for £136. I think they resell it at over £200!
    The way I see it, I got myself a good deal for an old phone that not going to go up in value.

I agree, the clientele in CEX is a bit 'dodgy' at times! Some of the gear some of these people try to sell is amazing