Options

Woody Allen/ Mia Farrow et al

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
Forum Member
✭✭
Why is there no thread on this? Is it off limits?

I am deeply saddened by this story. I feel so bad for Dylan Farrow, she has quite clearly had a very difficult upbringing.

Woody Allen comes across as a very selfish father. I cannot believe he was allowed to adopt two more children after the way he neglected his own children.

Comments

• Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Mia Farrow and her kids need to stop banging on about Woody Allen and get on with their own lives. It's beyond tedious now. I feel sorry for the kids because they're the ones who've been damaged and Mia just comes across as incredibly bitter and twisted.
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I think Mia Farrow and her kids need to stop banging on about Woody Allen and get on with their own lives. It's beyond tedious now. I feel sorry for the kids because they're the ones who've been damaged and Mia just comes across as incredibly bitter and twisted.

So any adult who may have been abused as a child by someone they trusted should just shut up should they?
  • Options
    jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is obvious from Woodys letter he is innocent and Mia is a big fat liar
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    jlighthi wrote: »

I don't think the accounts in the media support such a categorical dismissal of Dylan's claims. By the nature of the allegations, there won't be any direct witnesses.

Dylan responds to WA's letter.

The 1992 court findings on the custody battle (pdf) - some pretty damning comments here by Judge Wilks about WA's inappropriate behaviour.

Ten undisputable facts about the allegation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlighthi wrote: »

The only thing that is obvious from Woody's letter is that he is a terrible and very selfish father. What kind of man puts a romantic relationship before the relationship with his own children?

Why dosen't he try to help Dylan rather than slag her off? Surely that's what any decent father would do?
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    So any adult who may have been abused as a child by someone they trusted should just shut up should they?

No - they should report it to the police so that the abuser can be charged and the case can go through the legal system.

I don't believe for a moment that Dylan was abused, and I also don't believe for a moment that Ronan is Frank Sinatra's son (he's the spit of his mum when she was his age). Also, Dylan has now turned her venom onto Cate Blanchette - who recently lost a close friend (she was at his funeral yesterday), so obviously has more pressing things to be dealing with.

I'm no fan of Woody Allen, but this whole situation is ridiculous and Mia really shouldn't be encouraging all this craziness from her kids.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad business. Especially sad recently that her "brother" Moses spoke out against her

"Of course Woody did not molest my sister," he says...

How would he know what went on unless he was actually in the room? Just give the facts that you witnessed and your opinion based on your experience would be more appropriate.

And this coming from a Family Therapist..WTF???? I wouldn't want to be taking advice from him.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2014020516861/woody-allen-dylan-farrow-moses/#
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I read somewhere that the only reason that Allen was not put on trial was because the police decided that the child was too fragile to give evidence. It doesnt speak highly of lack of evidence
  • Options
    jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have ready both side. All very fishy. Not sure I believe any of them now. Always thought both Mia and Woody were weird. Obviously one of them is very dangerous. Which one? Not sure any of us can give an objective opinion.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are things I feel qualified, or somewhat qualified, with enough plausible inside info, to discuss or hint at on these forums, but this ain't one of them. It's far too long ago for starters.

Both sides appear convinced with their own story. I wonder if we are going to see a spate of older US celebs in the style of Yewtree Op before long?
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading a newspaper interview with Mia Farrow during her relationship with Woody Allen in the 80s.

Mia told the interviewer that she & Woody were living in separate properties but they had never lived together in one property. She said this was because Woody preferred to live on his own in privacy.

I thought that was a bit strange for Mia & Woody's living arrangements but not surprising, considering that Mia never had a normal upbringing because her parents were well-known Hollywood celebrities.

We have to remember that Mia's not a living saint as she often makes out to be. She deliberately broke up Andre Previn's marriage to his wife, Dory by befriending Dory with intention to start a sexual affair with Andre, leaving Dory devasted by Mia's betrayal. Dory got her own back on Mia by composing a song 'Beware Of Young Girls' implicating Mia in Dory's marriage breakup.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    I remember reading a newspaper interview with Mia Farrow during her relationship with Woody Allen in the 80s.

Mia told the interviewer that she & Woody were living in separate properties but they had never lived together in one property. She said this was because Woody preferred to live on his own in privacy.

I thought that was a bit strange for Mia & Woody's living arrangements but not surprising, considering that Mia never had a normal upbringing because her parents were well-known Hollywood celebrities.

We have to remember that Mia's not a living saint as she often makes out to be. She deliberately broke up Andre Previn's marriage to his wife, Dory by befriending Dory with intention to start a sexual affair with Andre, leaving Dory devasted by Mia's betrayal. Dory got her own back on Mia by composing a song 'Beware Of Young Girls' implicating Mia in Dory's marriage breakup.
    I don't get the point in your last paragraph, Mia isn't the one who was supposedly abused it was her daughter and her behaviour in someone else marriage hasn't really got anything to do with this.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    I don't get the point in your last paragraph, Mia isn't the one who was supposedly abused it was her daughter and her behaviour in someone else marriage hasn't really got anything to do with this.

It does, because it shows duplicity on Mia Farrow's part, and her character and honesty is suspect, especially since the question of her "coaching" her daughter is part of the argument.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your response is exactly what is wrong with many people. If you actually do your research, you would realise that there was grounds to prosecute Woody back then. Look at the 10 facts about the case article and hopefully you will change your mind. Or maybe you will blame the evil women who attack the poor, fragile man >:(
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does, because it shows duplicity on Mia Farrow's part, and her character and honesty is suspect, especially since the question of her "coaching" her daughter is part of the argument.

As opposed to Woody starting an affair with Mia's adopted daughter? Woody defenders are just deflecting. If you did research you would see that the court dismissed the idea that Dylan was coached by Mia and it was babysitters and other people helping the family who saw Woody doing unacceptable things to Dylan and a doctor who first brought it to he attention of Mia. But I guess Woody and his PR team and lawyers are doing a good job with some people.

No wonder many abuse victims don't come forward.
  • Options
    fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluescreen wrote: »
    I don't think the accounts in the media support such a categorical dismissal of Dylan's claims. By the nature of the allegations, there won't be any direct witnesses.

The 1992 court findings on the custody battle (pdf) - some pretty damning comments here by Judge Wilks about WA's inappropriate behaviour.

I think this is a great post, and just to quote from the article a little further:

9. The state attorney, Maco, said publicly he did have probable cause to press charges against Allen but declined, due to the fragility of the “child victim.” Maco told me that he refused to put Dylan through an exhausting trial, and without her on the stand, he could not prosecute Allen.

I don't think either Mia or Woody are angels, but this is a child abuse allegation, not a who-split-who's marriage up.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your response is exactly what is wrong with many people. If you actually do your research, you would realise that there was grounds to prosecute Woody back then. Look at the 10 facts about the case article and hopefully you will change your mind. Or maybe you will blame the evil women who attack the poor, fragile man >:(
    Just read it. Thanks for mentioning it. It certainly does give cause for concern, if what it says is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As opposed to Woody starting an affair with Mia's adopted daughter? Woody defenders are just deflecting. If you did research you would see that the court dismissed the idea that Dylan was coached by Mia and it was babysitters and other people helping the family who saw Woody doing unacceptable things to Dylan and a doctor who first brought it to he attention of Mia. But I guess Woody and his PR team and lawyers are doing a good job with some people.

No wonder many abuse victims don't come forward.

Alleged abuse victims. Don't forget that. Nothing has been proven.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woody had a relationship with his own child and went on to marry her! A few alarm bells right there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woody had a relationship with his own child and went on to marry her! At best unusual, at worst.... a few alarm bells right there.

Perhaps, and he certainly hasn't helped himself by defending Roman Polanski. One would think Allen would keep his mouth shut about things like that. It definitely raises questions about his judgement.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluescreen wrote: »

Thanks for links, Bluescreen. Very difficult, if not impossible, to read those and not feel there's something very off about WA.
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think it's a bit out of order them bringing Cate Blanchett and other people who've worked with Allen into it.

While it appears there may be cause for legal action to be taken against him the fact remains that he has not been found legally guilty of anything, and for actors/studios etc. to boycott him just because someone has made an accusation would be wrong. If he had been found guilty like Roman Polanski that would be another matter altogether.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was ridiculous for other actors to be brought into it. As I said, Allen hasn't been proven guilty of anything, so it would be absurd for the film industry to essentially blacklist him.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Totally agree!
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    I do think it's a bit out of order them bringing Cate Blanchett and other people who've worked with Allen into it.

The timing of this is about the Oscars, Blue Jasmine will earn many millions more if it wins something high profile. That is the reason this is happening now.