Options

O2 - getting worse.

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got sms today saying I had used 80% of my data. I used my samsung to access the internet when my laptop hd was being replaced but, over the last month, I haven't even used the wifi on it, so know there is a problem. Last time this happened, O2 had to send it away for repair. Because each time I called customer services, the call was ended, I used the online chat. I repeatedly stressed to this Sam guy, that I wasn't going online with my phone, to which he wrote back that the figures don't lie. I wasn't debating that, I know something is using the data, just not me. He seemed oblivious to the point I was making, and extremely unhelpful. I used my mum's phone, and got a lady who very kindly offered to call me back; the online guy said he would get me a callback within 24 hours! She is going to call me back tomorrow, with an update.
I am on pay monthly, out of contract. Because I hardly ever use my phone - I can go days without calling or texting - I am thinking of going on to a sim only deal - and not with O2, whose customer service is deteriorating rapidly. The online guy told me to take my phone in to the O2 shop; if he had read my account notes, he would have seen that O2 had compensated me last year, due to the treatment I received from the employee in the shop.
I have always been with O2 and, when you get someone who knows what they're talking about, they can usually sort your problem out. My monthly bill never exceeds £14 but, if I'm not using my full entitlement, that is money wasted.

Comments

• Options
    ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. I guess the only power you have is to leave them and when they start grovelling around you asking why and trying to get you to stay you can tell them why. I would definitely leave.
  • Options
    Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PAYG with some kind of low - medium text / call & Data bundle given with each top up, would make more sense given your limited phone use, its likely that you would find several options from other networks which would effectively cost you far less than £14 a month also.

In the meantime, if you aren't using the internet on your phone and assuming the option exists, then just completely turn the data OFF from within your phone settings.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to Setting on Connections Tab select Data Usage this will give you a list of what services have been using the Mobile Data. If you untick Mobile Data you will stop your phone from accessing the Mobile Data.

If you are using a lot of data select a better data tariff.
  • Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem that you are using data in some shape or form. Take the advice above and have a look through your phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Wifi and data are completely separate.

As suggested turn data off on your phone and also look where the usage is coming from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not charged, obviously, for wifi, but am not accessing the internet at all on my phone. This has happened before. and even o2 have admitted something is consuming my data, which is why I was told to expect a callback at 12 today. The phone settings are all as they should be - that was the first thing I checked. When I didn't get a call, I used online chat as, whenever I call 202, the call is ended, and the guy 'closed chat' mid conversation!
    I pay for data, as a back up, in case I need it but, as my data allowance is being rapidly depleted, I am paying for something I cannot use. O2 don't seem particularly bothered. I have decided now, I am definitely leaving O2. I cannot endure this hassle any longer, and the apathetic, even negligent, attitude of O2.
    As I cannot establish a conversation on the phone with them, and online chat doesn't seem to get me anywhere, I want to email them, but cannot find an address. Does anyone have an email for O2, please? Or a text number?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I've been having the exact same issues my bill is huge and I'm not streaming or anything just basic browsing and using apps like whatsapp and train apps. O2 say it is my phone but Apple say it isn't. I'm just so fed up of it that I've decided to pay an extra £6 a month so I can have 5gb of a data a month. It's crazy as I used to only need 500mb. Sadly after being with O2 for over 10 years I will not be staying with them after this contract is over. The customer service is rubbish, store staff are incredibly patronising and talk to you like you are stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I've been having the exact same issues my bill is huge and I'm not streaming or anything just basic browsing and using apps like whatsapp and train apps. O2 say it is my phone but Apple say it isn't. I'm just so fed up of it that I've decided to pay an extra £6 a month so I can have 5gb of a data a month. It's crazy as I used to only need 500mb. Sadly after being with O2 for over 10 years I will not be staying with them after this contract is over. The customer service is rubbish, store staff are incredibly patronising and talk to you like you are stupid.

Simi I agree 100%. I was given compensation from o2, after the staff in the local o2 shop accused me of lying. Still haven't had a call back. Lots of tweets, saying nothing, apart from "we would like to help, but can't arrange call backs from here"I have always been with o2 and, initially, had no problems. o2 has become so apathetic, taking the customer for granted, I am definitely leaving asap. I would still like to get this issue resolved. Can you keep your 02 number if you go with another network PAYG? I've always been on a contract, which I prefer, but if my recent experience with o2 is indicative of other companies, signing up to a 2 year contract, may not be too sagacious. Staff also told me o2 customer service doesn't have an email address. (?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1973 wrote: »
    PAYG with some kind of low - medium text / call & Data bundle given with each top up, would make more sense given your limited phone use, its likely that you would find several options from other networks which would effectively cost you far less than £14 a month also.

In the meantime, if you aren't using the internet on your phone and assuming the option exists, then just completely turn the data OFF from within your phone settings.

Thing is, I'm paying for it, so should have access to it. I can't contact them to discuss it.
  • Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    Simi I agree 100%. I was given compensation from o2, after the staff in the local o2 shop accused me of lying. Still haven't had a call back. Lots of tweets, saying nothing, apart from "we would like to help, but can't arrange call backs from here"I have always been with o2 and, initially, had no problems. o2 has become so apathetic, taking the customer for granted, I am definitely leaving asap. I would still like to get this issue resolved. Can you keep your 02 number if you go with another network PAYG? I've always been on a contract, which I prefer, but if my recent experience with o2 is indicative of other companies, signing up to a 2 year contract, may not be too sagacious. Staff also told me o2 customer service doesn't have an email address. (?)

Yes, you can still take your number.