Options

Samantha Jade: Why is she not famous in the UK?

MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
Many of you probably don't know who she is, she's the Australian X Factor Winner, I think she has alot of Appeal to the UK. She reminds me of a AUS Pixie Lott I think the UK are in need of a NEW FEMALE POP star. I think she would do well here so I'm surprised no one has promoted her or signed her here.

Before she even won the X Factor she was famous for singing a song from the STEP UP movie soundtrack.

Heres a few of her songs:

NEW SINGLE: http://youtu.be/3EjEIm2-LYg

WINNER SINGLE: http://youtu.be/vQc3L0rl1cU (quite catchy)

ANOTHER SINGLE: http://youtu.be/T_bOx7pxCAM

The X Factor UK needs a winner like this!

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    For exactly that reason, she's never been here. People watch XF Aus will know her but other than that, she's not released a single here let alone an album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's my point. First she needs a RL to sign her than she can promote and release music here. But I just find it strange that no one wants her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Hollie_Louise's post. In order for her to be famous in the UK and everywhere else, her label and management team needs to promote her there to be internationally successful. I don't think she is even heard of in NZ, which is weird since the winner before her, Resse Mastin, had some success there. She does have what it takes to get there. What You've Done To Me is probably one of the better X Factor winner's singles out there (unlike the UKXF where they lazily do covers). Firestarter is also a decent track. Soldier is horrendous though. Can do without that song.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's my point. First she needs a RL to sign her than she can promote and release music here. But I just find it strange that no one wants her
    I've never heard of her, but maybe she's too similar to Pixie Lott for anyone to see what her market is? Let's face it, one is already one too many.
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly for the same reason British X-Factor winners never do particularly well (after the first single of course)
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member

Maybe the record labels here don't know who she is either. Maybe they are doing what UK acts do too, concentrating on securing a career in Australia before starting expanding into other areas
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I love her and Firestarter is such a great single as is What you've done to me !!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I've only heard What You've Done To Me but I really liked it. Why can't the UK XF winners do original and more upbeat songs rather than just lazy covers of drippy ballads?
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of Aussie popstars never make it over here.....Jessica Mauboy is another case
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sammy but her career in Australia hasn't exactly been a massive success since winning X-Factor. She needs better material and not songs that sound like Dannii Minogue cast-offs.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    A lot of Aussie popstars never make it over here.....Jessica Mauboy is another case

I agree with the other people saying it is because she hasn't tried. If she does I am unconvinced she will be a huge success with the material she has so far. While I like the songs, her songs are not stand out enough to make a big impact in a market where she has so much competition. At least in Australia she has the whole 'home grown talent' thing going on but here she would be starting from scratch. If she was to release fire starter, she could have modest success in the club charts, similar to Dannii Minogue. I am surprised they didn't try to market her when they aired the INXS mini series in Australia as there were a lot of INXS fans from the UK who were interested in the series which could have got her some publicity. None of the XF Australia acts are ever marketed here, even acts that would fit in here like Bella from Sam's series.

If she gets the right material she could be great though. Her performances of scream, heartless and where have you been where some of the most polished performances I have ever seen on any xf series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Never heard of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed she could be a success she just needs better music!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered her new single Up! As a CDS from jb hifi it will feature her version of INXS's Never Tear Us Apart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Up!
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Never heard of her.

seconded.