Which defunct UK Soap would you bring back?

Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
Forum Member
If you had a choice, what would it be?

What UK Soap would you bring back? 74 votes

Brookside
68% 51 votes
Crossroads
10% 8 votes
Family Affairs
14% 11 votes
Night & Day
4% 3 votes
Echo Beach
1% 1 vote

Comments

• TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brookie! I still miss it:(
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bring back Brookie - but as it was when it first started, not the bonkers show it finally turned into.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bring back Brookside. I used to watch Family Affairs now and again but wouldn't bother watching if it was brought back.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crossroads and Brookie.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Brookside without any doubt.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    I'd bring back Brookie - but as it was when it first started, not the bonkers show it finally turned into.

...yes the earlier days were the best, Brookside for me too.
  • Ian K McIan K Mc Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I would bring back the first soap I ever watched - Weavers' Green
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without a doubt Brookie! should never have been axed in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Family Affairs and Brookside.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night and day :blush:

I absolutely loved brookside and family affairs though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Definatly Brookside!
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,741
    Forum Member
    The choices are quite limited when you don't factor in international soaps.

Family Affairs is my choice. Although, I think Night and Day could work slightly remodeled and on a different channel.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Brookie for sure and my guilty pleasure Eldorado, I loved it :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Genuinely surprised anyone would want Brookside back. Vastly overrated show. Family Affairs from that list for me. The main problem FA had was that it was changed and changed and changed far too often. But it could've worked with some serious people in charge of it, as opposed to the monkeys who ran the show!
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    Genuinely surprised anyone would want Brookside back. Vastly overrated show. Family Affairs from that list for me. The main problem FA had was that it was changed and changed and changed far too often. But it could've worked with some serious people in charge of it, as opposed to the monkeys who ran the show!
    FA had way too many revamps in such a small amount of time. Viewers were never allowed to get used to the show before it was changed again. You know the "monkeys" that ran the show went on to ruin other shows, too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    FA had way too many revamps in such a small amount of time. Viewers were never allowed to get used to the show before it was changed again. You know the "monkeys" that ran the show went on to ruin other shows, too.

Well they don't call Paul Marquess the 'queen of trash' for nothing, Desch! :D
    Forum Member
    Well they don't call Paul Marquess the 'queen of trash' for nothing, Desch! :D
    :D

Me-ow!

But so true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian Park ruined Family Affairs. The decision to kill off all the Harts was sensational nonsense. The show didn't need to lose them to move forward. He just wanted to create headlines by living up to his axeman title but so many axings weren't needed. Emmerdale never ditched the Sugdans. It took FA a long time to recover from losing their main characters all at once. After that Family Affairs never had a mainstay. Although to be honest I gave up watching 2000 time so never saw the Paul Marquess era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian Park ruined Family Affairs. The decision to kill off all the Harts was sensational nonsense. The show didn't need to lose them to move forward. He just wanted to create headlines by living up to his axeman title but so many axings weren't needed. Emmerdale never ditched the Sugdens. After that Family Affairs never had a mainstay. Although to be honest I gave up watching 2000 time so never saw the Paul Marquess era.

BIB is debatable!
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd bring back Night and Day but run it on E4 or Channel 4 where they'd be less likely to mess around with the scheduling like ITV did.

It's not on the list but I'd love to see Eldorado come back. The original premise of the show (EastEnders in the sun basically) was great and really could have worked had they not tried so hard to appeal to loads of different European audiences at once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB is debatable!

There has always been a Sugdan presence though which is what I meant.

Holly and Mel didn't need to die. At the time they along with Pete were Family Affairs best characters.
  • Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night and Day!!
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside. Enough times has passed for people to want it back and Channel 4 could do with something like this to give them consistent ratings.
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FA time I like the most was bit just after the Harts died.

As much as i'd love Brookie back, I think Crossroads is the One that could be brought back the easiest. Aslong as it was Mark 2 version i'm still gutted it got ignored for Mark 3, and we didnt get endings to the Mark2 storys
  • MelSingletonMelSingleton Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Family Affairs.

It did have a lot of revamps but most of them added improvements. Near the end the storylines in the era of the Costello and Boulter families (2004) were great.

That said, killing the Harts and the Gates in late 1998/January 1999 was too much, too jarring. Though many of them were annoying (self righteous), it wasn't necessary to kill them all/axe them all.

Problem is that in the last 6 months the final revamps changed the program from the strong place it had reached. A lot of the great characters who had emerged over preceding years were axed and the new influx did not do much for me.