Any ideas what will replace Bid and Price drop?

Comments

• David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Removed from the Virgin Media EPG as well now.

Seems it's only DTT that's still carrying the "technical fault" screens. I wonder if they will be removed next Tuesday?
    sky is still carrying them on its EPG.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Bid and Pricedrop have been removed from Youview epg
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bid and Pricedrop have been removed from the freeview EPG.
  • scruffpotscruffpot Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/tvshow.jsp

my suggestion

or something that has good animation and adultswim in the later evenings.

I'm not thrilled with moviemix or sonyfilms they only seem to show half arsed badly acted 80's/90's films, CBS never seems to have anything I would say is quality tv..

but its personal taste
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    As long as its not any more shopping or overnight game channels >:(
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are loads of great free tv channels that would be a great asset to free view.....

CBS action, CBS drama. The horror channel, the box, vintage tv, scuzz, kix, NHK world, tiny pop, CNN, cnbc, bloomberg......

These might not be everyones cup of tea, but I'm sure they'd be of use to someone.
  • Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like the Price Drop LCN was removed from DTT COM7 at 0200 Friday morning.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Looks like the Price Drop LCN was removed from DTT COM7 at 0200 Friday morning.

Where does that information come from? If it's Twitter then you need to set your timezone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    could some of the former stream that was used. be used to improve movies4mens stream. or are we asking to much here.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could some of the former stream that was used. be used to improve movies4mens stream. or are we asking to much here.
    Improve picture quality on a Com mux? You're definitely asking too much!
  • richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sky is still carrying them on its EPG.

Yes - my bad. >:(

I could forgive myself for forgetting the other services like You View, but Sky completely slipped my mind. :o

I see the technical fault slates are still being broadcast on FTA satellite (I came across them when updating the FTA channel list on my Freesat TV) - I guess Sky viewers are still seeing these. Never having had Sky I am not overly familiar with how they remove defunct channels from the EPG.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Improve picture quality on a Com mux? You're definitely asking too much!
    the picture quality on most of the films are like that as most of them are really old. but some look ok. as if you have sky or freesat aswell. you will see picture quality is the same. as sony mite not have remasted copys.
  • duffman25duffman25 Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope travel channel gets one slot to go 24 hours and horror the other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    i hope travel channel gets one slot to go 24 hours and horror the other.

If that were the case. I'd hope scuzz would get travels old part time slot....
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24 hour travel channel no thanks, Rather have a music channel like Vintage TV or news such as NHK World.
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do so many people want a horror channel, is it to save the battery in the remote by having all the horror films in one place instead of spread liberally over the EPG? The films are out there, you only have to look!
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    Why do so many people want a horror channel, is it to save the battery in the remote by having all the horror films in one place instead of spread liberally over the EPG? The films are out there, you only have to look!

I prefer a actual music channel to steal viewers from fake ones like 4Music and VIVA.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Horror channel are currently doing a season of classic Doctor Who's very different to its normal output which Im not a fan of.
    Seem as they are the only channel to do the classic Doctor Who's at the moment, they are worth it for Doctor Who fans everywhere.
  • duffman25duffman25 Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it has lot of old shows like the invaders dr who lot good movies over night it offers a lot of different shows and films that other channels don't
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, its not a channel that I have ever seen, but sounds good to me.
  • dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer a actual music channel to steal viewers from fake ones like 4Music and VIVA.

There are plenty of music channels in the 700s - they are called radio, because you listen to music you don't need to waste a TV channel. :D
  • clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or Discovery make International Eurosport available on freeview. The addition of an out and out sports channel on Freeview could be a real master stroke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    Or Discovery make International Eurosport available on freeview. The addition of an out and out sports channel on Freeview could be a real master stroke.

I can remember reading posts here when free view began. Most of us where desperate for any general entertainment channels.

Most folk begrudged all the shopping channels, much like now. They also looked down on music channels, like TMF, and the HITS.

It think were really lucky the way times have changed, now most of us would welcome a dedicated music channel (or two.;))

Back then these boards were chock full of 'fantasy threads.' (I never understood the hostility to them.) people wanting uk gold, of film and sports channels. Thoses threads seem so far fetched. But that said, film four, movie mix, and movies for men.... Not to shabby, considering.

So, who knows. We could get a free sports channel. But, I wouldn't get my hopes up :)
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dachse wrote: »
    There are plenty of music channels in the 700s - they are called radio, because you listen to music you don't need to waste a TV channel. :D

thats very true!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its the only channel on Freesat that I would like on Freeview. There are a few music channels on that format, but they don't look particulary interesting.