Options

Lucy's Phone clue?

EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Perhaps I missed something but is Lucy's phone a clue? Malachy the police office said it wasn't on her when she was found, and also Peter seemed to know the day before that Lucy has been called 4 times by Ian vs. 1 for him, which suggests he saw it at some time during the night or has it. Does this mean he has the phone and knows more about what happened to her or was involved in her death?

Comments

• Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter knew that from looking at Ian's phonelog. Not Lucy's phone. However when we first see Lucy's body we hear all her answer phone messages. Maybe someone was going through them?
  • Options
    ilikespoilersilikespoilers Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Didn't Peter look at Ian's phone to see how many calls he had made?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    we heard the phone as we saw the camera pan down to Lucy's body in the woods..it was there then, unless the killer now has it
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes he did.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brigon wrote: »
    Peter knew that from looking at Ian's phonelog. Not Lucy's phone. However when we first see Lucy's body we hear all her answer phone messages. Maybe someone was going through them?
    Ooh, that's a good theory.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    we heard the phone as we saw the camera pan down to Lucy's body in the woods..it was there then, unless the killer now has it

Did we see it though? I figured that scene was to show that nobody knew she was dead and were still calling her thinking she was just in a sulk, or some arty-farty thing about life Vs death - I'm sure there's a metaphor in there somewhere. Hence why nobody called to police to report her missing.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought we saw the phone near her body at the end of fridays ep, but perhaps i'm wrong and only imagine I saw it because we heard the messages. Can't be sure now.

Edit: Actually, it probably wasn't there at all, because - for some reason - I thought I remembered seeing a pink phone which is nonsense because I'm fairly sure Lucy's phone wasn't pink. God knows what i'm thinking about - I think I must be doting. :blush:
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    The missing phone surprised me, I thought maybe we'd have scenes of Ian looking through Lucy's phone and seeing the pictures they took together at the restaurant on the day of the photo shoot. I don't remember seeing the phone anywhere by her body, although I did think her bag was at a distance away from her body - as if she dropped it before collapsing. When I watched the episode again to try and see the shots of her bag, all I could see was make up and sunglasses. The phone I could understand, in order to hide any incriminating messages, but why her purse?
  • Options
    Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Not necessarily.

If you see her body at the end of Friday's episode, her bags contents was all over the place, meaning the killer may well have rummaged through her bag to steal the phone... and then the messages bit was the killer playing them at another location or whatever.

Like that theory very much
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were Malachy the police officer and Jake/Warren Fox in Hollyoaks at the same time?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hendo9 wrote: »
    Not necessarily.

If you see her body at the end of Friday's episode, her bags contents was all over the place, meaning the killer may well have rummaged through her bag to steal the phone... and then the messages bit was the killer playing them at another location or whatever.

Like that theory very much

I think the phone messages were symbolic rather than the actual phone being played at the scene or elsewhere - exposition rather than a plot point.
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the playing of the voice messages was done more as an expressionist sort of thing than an actual piece of the plot as well. It's like for example when Ian was talking about how important his children were to Peter and it cut to the tent Lucy's corpse was being examined in but Ian's voice continued speaking. I don't think that the idea of the killer playing the messages before walking away just as it panned on Lucy lying dead is a bad idea though, it's not like that detracts from the storyline or anything.

As an aside I think while her phone was stolen to keep away evidence, her purse was just taken to make it seem like a robbery gone wrong. We can all safely assume her death will have been much more than that.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    The missing phone surprised me, I thought maybe we'd have scenes of Ian looking through Lucy's phone and seeing the pictures they took together at the restaurant on the day of the photo shoot. I don't remember seeing the phone anywhere by her body, although I did think her bag was at a distance away from her body - as if she dropped it before collapsing. When I watched the episode again to try and see the shots of her bag, all I could see was make up and sunglasses. The phone I could understand, in order to hide any incriminating messages, but why her purse?

Because they want it to look like a mugging
  • Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doh! I completely missed that.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »

to make identification harder - maybe...........

the killer probably didnt know Lucys fingerprints were on file so probably thought taking her purse would make the police identification harder and also possibly to make it look like a mugging
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    to make identification harder - maybe...........

the killer probably didnt know Lucys fingerprints were on file so probably thought taking her purse would make the police identification harder and also possibly to make it look like a mugging

Yep. I did wonder why we were only just being told about Lucy shoplifting. I guess if it was going to look like a mugging, the purse and phone had to be missing so they needed a way for the police to be able to identify her.