Will any of the soaps pick up the Family Affairs cast?

Comments

• Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swelford wrote:
    Yasmin could come in to eastenders as patricks niece or some realtion to him

or Yolande's long lost daughter. I think it'd be good to know a bit more about Yolande's history.
  • swelfordswelford Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Puppy wrote:
    or Yolande's long lost daughter. I think it'd be good to know a bit more about Yolande's history.
    That would be a good storyline or maybe patricks daughter he had an affair and got another woman pregnant but never told anyone so yolande questions there marraige if he can lie about that what else can he lie about
  • digimon900digimon900 Posts: 4,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it ends in 6 weeks though. Everyone wants Yasmin in EE :)
    She can go anywhere as long as she gets rid of that awful hair!
  • Coral_BCoral_B Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Puppy wrote:
    That would be quite good but she has no purpose to return. All the Tavernier's have gone and so has Steve Elliot.

Well she used to be sam mitchels bezz mate, and she had a thing with ian when she worked for him think. It would never happen but i like the idea of her being back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coral_B wrote:
    Well she used to be sam mitchels bezz mate, and she had a thing with ian when she worked for him think. It would never happen but i like the idea of her being back.

Yeah but Sam's going and I hardly think she wants to see Ian again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Ebony Thomas should definetly head for Walford as she would fit right in! Maybe she could be a glamourous friend of Dawn Miller or she could be the Vic's new barmaid who flirts with all the locals - although they would need some new male talent there!

Also, Kazia Pelka and Rosie Rowell will probably move into drama and I do hope Robyn doesn't end up in Hollyoaks. She could be a sexy new nurse on Casualty or Holby City!

FA has such a talented cast that I hope we will see more of them on the screen. Nicola Duffett is a great comedienne and she should definetly get her own sitcom!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    when is the final episode of FA to air on Five?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebony Thomas and EastEnders go together and they really should look into her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that alot of posters here feel as passionate about the FA cast as I do. I do sincerly hope that Kazia, Ebony and Nicola land some pivotal roles in one of the top three soaps, since I would really miss watching them on screen.

In regards to Ebony joining EastEnders, would it not be great to see her interact with Noami who used to play Yasmin's best friend in FA?!.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their track record for employing family affairs rejects hasnt been very successful so far though has it? Sasha Perkins.......I rest my case. lol

Speaking of other soap star crossovers, corrie cant seem to get enough of them. They seem to be employing any out of work soap star at the moment.

We had Mandy's Mum from Hollyoaks... Mrs Cunningham, as some randy old bird who likes to 'son swap'

we have Ollie from emmerdale as diggory's daughter.

I noticed Ellie from Hollyoaks just popped up for a few scene's on Monday

And tonight I noticed Rachel from emmerdale appeared as Llyods bit on the side. Have i missed anyone out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coral_B wrote:
    Their track record for employing family affairs rejects hasnt been very successful so far though has it? Sasha Perkins.......I rest my case. lol

Speaking of other soap star crossovers, corrie cant seem to get enough of them. They seem to be employing any out of work soap star at the moment.

We had Mandy's Mum from Hollyoaks... Mrs Cunningham, as some randy old bird who likes to 'son swap'

we have Ollie from emmerdale as diggory's daughter.

I noticed Ellie from Hollyoaks just popped up for a few scene's on Monday

And tonight I noticed Rachel from emmerdale appeared as Llyods bit on the side. Have i missed anyone out?
    This kind of posting really spoils the soap for me!
    I Watch Family affairs and Coronation Street and as yet I have never identified any of the actors as having come anywhere else! It kind of bursts the bubble for me! Each and everyone that comes in is just a fresh face... It seriously disturbs me to hear people talking in this thread about Hale and Pace and things like that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digimon900 wrote:
    I Watch Family affairs and Coronation Street and as yet I have never identified any of the actors as having come anywhere else! It kind of bursts the bubble for me! Each and everyone that comes in is just a fresh face... It seriously disturbs me to hear people talking in this thread about Hale and Pace and things like that...

So you prefer to live in a fantasy land?
  • AdamArmandAdamArmand Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they should crossover the CHARCTERS of Pete and Yasmin to EE, definatly.

The American soap ANOTHER WORLD when it was cancelled had four of its key characters crossed over to a soap on another channel, AS THE WORLD TURNS. They were made by the same company, Proctor and Gamble so could get away with it.

The problem with acquiring the FA characters would be getting rights, but im sure Five would sell them to the beeb for a small tidy profit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digimon900 wrote:

Wow, i wish I could have such a selective memory. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ebony Thomas might be good in Eastenders - although they would have to give her a good storyline and one different from those that she had in Family Affairs. The suggestion of a model sounds good. Maybe she would have enough money from her time as a model to buy a house in the Sqaure, and be a landlord to several other younger characters (Naomi, Dawn, Mickey).

I don't think David Easter would be good in EE though - with Jake, Dennis, the Mitchell's, Johnny etc.

As for Nicola Duffett I say Emmerdale, and Kazia Pelka might be good in Eastenders though as a single woman - maybe just divorced from her husband.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Puppy wrote:
    So you prefer to live in a fantasy land?
    No I just dont watch any other programmes so I dont know any actors from anywhere else!
    A fantasy is a storey or a scenario dreamed up by an individual. I cannot dream up stuff about things and people I dont know exists!
    Coral_B wrote:
    Wow, i wish I could have such a selective memory. lol
    Its not a matter of selective memory if I havent seen someone and they are not familar to me they are simply a fresh face in "my programme"
    my bubble is really burst when I hear that "so and so" is known for being someone in some other programme/soap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digimon900 wrote:
    No I just dont watch any other programmes so I dont know any actors from anywhere else!
    A fantasy is a storey or a scenario dreamed up by an individual. I cannot dream up stuff about things and people I dont know exists!

Its not a matter of selective memory if I havent seen someone and they are not familar to me they are simply a fresh face in "my programme"
    my bubble is really burst when I hear that "so and so" is known for being someone in some other programme/soap

Ok, perhaps you hadnt realised that the people in ''your programme'' are actually actors/actresses who have had other jobs.... so im sorry for 'bursting your bubble' by inadvertantly letting you know about that.

But i cant see the problem really. If you havent seen the other programmes they previously starred in, then you wont remember the other characters that are being mentioned anyway. so it shouldnt ruin anything for you. I hope this makes you feel less disturbed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coral_B wrote:
    Ok, perhaps you hadnt realised that the people in ''your programme'' are actually actors/actresses who have had other jobs.... so im sorry for 'bursting your bubble' by inadvertantly letting you know about that.

But i cant see the problem really. If you havent seen the other programmes they previously starred in, then you wont remember the other characters that are being mentioned anyway. so it shouldnt ruin anything for you. I hope this makes you feel less disturbed.
    Its kind of true really! Most of the time it never occured to me that the actors actresses may have had other jobs!
    I saw the repeat of Hot Money on ITV3 recently and recognised Myra in there and was quite chuffed her character there is exactly the same as myra's! Minty from Eastenders was in there as well...
  • BringBackThamesBringBackThames Posts: 3,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy that was shot by the police a few months ago would be good in EE. :)

Trish would fit in well in EE too. :)

And the dark haired woman that is in it alot (don't know her name :o ) would probably be good in Emmerdale or maybe H/Oaks.....?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the dark haired woman that is in it alot (don't know her name :o ) would probably be good in Emmerdale or maybe H/Oaks.....?
    No one would be good in Emmerdale or Hollyoaks these dull shows should be taken off the air for good or resigned to a graveyard slot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy that was shot by the police a few months ago would be good in EE. :)

Trish would fit in well in EE too. :)

Eileen Callan I think you mean (Who has now left)

digimon900, You're very wrong. Emmerdale is far from dull and quite a few of the FA cast would be suited to life in the dales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    The reasons why Sasha Perkins didn't work out was that she came into the soap to be part of a family which the viewers never took to, she was given crap storylines and she never interacted with any other cast members other than the Ferrieras. (Except Billy and that was at the very end anyway.) Also, she was in EE at the show's worst possible time and was caught in the crossfire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with the comments about Sasha Perkins if she had been in the Vic or in Scarlett's instead of that crummy cab office she would have really taken off.
  • Air ResistanceAir Resistance Posts: 5,145
    Forum Member
    bob_loblaw wrote:
    Sorry that was cruel, Eastenders don't require their cast to be actors.
    Even though EE has arguably the best actors of all the soap :rolleyes: Please Grow Up :)
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasha should have been saved, but someone was on a mad mission to wipe out everything associated with the Feirrera's. In fact a couple of that family should have remained...but that's that not for here.