Options

ITV1 2 minutes behind BBC

Billy HuntBilly Hunt Posts: 36
Forum Member
Hi guys,

I know this has been mentioned before but this is a really annoying problem (I suspect it's more to do with the ITV data stream as opposed to the PVR).

The ITV time display is currently 2 minutes behind BBC (and real time I think) and therefore a lot of my non-padded recordings have started late. I usually pad at the end of the recordings and not the beginning (to keep correct programme ID tag).

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I've not noticed it (but then don't watch much ITV).

Does it only affect recording of ITV shows, or would it mean a BBC recording would start late if you left your box on ITV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good question scoggy, I haven't tried this yet but will post my findings when I do.

The same thing happened last night on Channel 4, recording started 2 minutes behind real time and therefore missed the start of the programme. It seems that BBC are the only ones broadcasting the correct time at present. If you switch to a BBC channel, the time on the front of the Humax is correct, flick to ITV1 for example and it then reads 2 minutes behind!?!

I'll try your suggestion tonight scoggy.

Thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I noticed this recently but can't remember what channel or programme. I assumed at the time it was due to the box coming out of standy (usually it's on when recording starts) though I did think 2 minutes was a long time to get going.

Now looks as though it must have been the same problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like ITV and C4 etc. have now sorted this out as the time is back on track with BBC!

Let's hope it stays like this!

:)